2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

The chaos is going to be equally as bad next year. Choosing one team for the 4th playoff spot is gonna be tough. No matter what the number is, someone is always gonna be on the outside looking in.

The chaos is going to be equally as bad next year. Choosing one team for the 4th playoff spot is gonna be tough. No matter what the number is, someone is always gonna be on the outside looking in.
true especially if 3-7 are 1 loss teams....as it stands I'm sure the SEC will manhandle it's way in if it's one of their teams involved 

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]High School Football Star Stabs Gay Lover To Death[/h2]
Sunday, November 24, 2013

Tarence-Mitchell-500x372.jpg

A Connecticut high school football captain is behind bars, charged with stabbing his male lover to death.

Bloomfield High School student Tarence Mitchell, 18, stabbed his boyfriend Ronald Taylor Jr., 27, five times with a steak knife after Mitchell decided to break off their relationship.

Fox News reports Taylor arrived at Mitchell’s residence and struck him in the face before the stabbing commenced. But Mitchell initially lied to police and said they were attacked by two men wearing hoodies — a deliberate attempt to portray the domestic violence incident as a hate crime.

Mitchell finally confessed that he and the older man were lovers, and that Taylor had wined and dined him and plied the high schooler with marijuana and alcohol for two years.

Court documents state that Mitchell ended the relationship with Taylor at the end of 2012. But “Taylor posted a picture of him on Facebook that included a blog of bad things about him, including him being a Bloomfield gay football star.”

Court documents further states that on Thursday, Taylor informed Mitchell that he was coming over, and Mitchell stuck a steak knife in his pocket for protection.

“My son is a good kid,” said Mitchell’s mother. “He’s never been in trouble. My son is not a murderer.”

It is relatively rare to see the sexual preference of an assailant or his victim prominently mentioned in a mainstream news article. That is because the mainstream media tends to ignore the sexual preferences of perps and victims of gay on gay violence.

But at least there will be a selection committee instead of using polls/voters/computers

Apples and oranges.

Compiling a 60+ team field where there's hardly any discernible difference between the last few teams that make it in versus basically taking the top 4 teams in the country.

Even this year the committee's job would be easy. Just take FSU, OSU, SEC winner, and Ok State/Bama and stick them in a playoff.

Florida junior cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy and South Carolina junior cornerback Victor Hampton both confirmed on Saturday that they intend to give up their remaining eligibility to enter the 2014 NFL Draft. Purifoy confirmed his decision to ESPN after the Gators 37-7 loss to Florida State while Hampton told his news to multiple media outlets following the Gamecocks 31-17 win over Clemson.

Cool, works for this yrs model. and when there isnt much difference between top 4-6 teams? Committee infallible? psssssht

A great weekend of football and turkey foods.

I'm glad Oregon won, albeit a very ugly win. This isn't the same team from September/October. Go figure :smh:

That Iron Bowl was the goods. I commented to my family that it'd be funny if Auburn blocked the kick and ran it back for the TD after Saban and Bama fought so hard to get that one second back on the clock :rofl:

Buh-Bye Bama :pimp:

A great weekend of football and turkey foods.

I'm glad Oregon won, albeit a very ugly win. This isn't the same team from September/October. Go figure :smh:

You guys fell off so hard, so quick, :smh: w/o Chip you'll never be taken serious until you've actually completed the season undefeated.

I actually thought this was MM's year too, shame on me.

Last edited:
You guys fell off so hard, so quick, :smh: w/o Chip you'll never be taken serious until you've actually completed the season undefeated.

Mariota is still a great quarterback. No doubt his knee injury kinda derailed the offense and exposed some of the offensive line's weaknesses. Keep in mind that in Chip's first year he went 10-3, albeit with a team that wasn't as talented as this one. I'm reserving judgement on Helfrich for another season or two to see how things pan out in the long-run. My hope is that their mistakes this year pay dividends in things learned and as teaching moments in the future.

But at least there will be a selection committee instead of using polls/voters/computers

The committee will be just as flawed as any other system. No matter what, someone will always be on the outside looking in.

People wanted the BCS so things wouldn't fully be dictated by the polls. We got the BCS and people complained.

Most people don't care about college baseball, but they use a committee (as does basketball). There's so much politics involved on who gets invites out of the bubble teams.

The same thing is gonna apply here. People with biased are gonna default to their schools, conferences or other allegiances. The selection committee has several schools AD's and Barry Switzer who obviously has ties to a certain big12 school. This system is subjective, and in my opinion that is a bad thing.

Whether you agree with computer rankings or not, at least they are objective to the standards they are set.

Mariota is still a great quarterback. No doubt his knee injury kinda derailed the offense and exposed some of the offensive line's weaknesses. Keep in mind that in Chip's first year he went 10-3, albeit with a team that wasn't as talented as this one. I'm reserving judgement on Helfrich for another season or two to see how things pan out in the long-run. My hope is that their mistakes this year pay dividends in things learned and as teaching moments in the future.

MM and Manziel have both been set back by injuries this year, and it's a shame cause they're being held back of their true potential.

Just to be a little cynical, nitpicking, and rushing to judgement : chip only lost to 1 team he was favored over that year against Stanford 49-51. No blowout losses against multiple touchdown underdogs. Just sayin. I'm with you in that I'm gonna reserve my judgement on helfrich, but so far he doesn't stack up, which is obvious, but not the end of the world.

prettiest game every year

BaXPcVYCUAAZrjB.png:large

The wheel started rolling on that due to Pete Carroll and he got Karl Dorrel on board, didn't happen until 2008 and Nuheisel crapped on it with those all white aka "surrender" uniforms. AKA the uniform they wore when they lost 50-0.

IM, I thought Sark wasn't on SC's list? Why the interview?

He wasn't a couple of weeks ago, not a lot of people happy about that one. It would be seen as a lazy hire, and "might as well just hired Coach O" type of feels.

Petersen once again turned down a big time West Coast job, :lol: #boise4life

Rumor was that Sumlin was close, and parlayed it into the extension he got. Frankly, not a huge fan of Sumlin.

Franklin rumor is still hot, crossing my fingers that Sark was just a courtesy interview.

Just to be a little cynical, nitpicking, and rushing to judgement : chip only lost to 1 team he was favored over that year against Stanford 49-51. No blowout losses against multiple touchdown underdogs. Just sayin. I'm with you in that I'm gonna reserve my judgement on helfrich, but so far he doesn't stack up, which is obvious, but not the end of the world.

Yeah, I know. Chip never really lost to a team in which they were out-manned by inferior talent. I think largest margin of loss for Chip Kelly was the LSU game in which they lost by 13, which says something about his ability to coach and prepare his guys each and every week. The team never came out flat or lacked motivation.

OSU's schedule is softer than you're favorite toilet paper. Won't be surprised if they catch the L from Sparty. Who is pretty much crap too

Yall laughed at me when i made a comment about a small chancesarkisian goes to usc and mora going to UW.

Back
Top Bottom