2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Speaking of Michigan, the hype train before the '07 (?) season and the resulting loss to App St. was one of the greatest moments in the CFB thread history. :rofl: :rofl:

Speaking of Michigan, the hype train before the '07 (?) season and the resulting loss to App St. was one of the greatest moments in the CFB thread history. :rofl: :rofl:

:smh:

I remember listening to the game on my parents boat... Got blackout drunk that night

Guise.

Lettuce be cereal and get a new 2013 thread. Leave all this hypothetical garbage behind and let's look forward to 2013.

Oregon v. Bama for the title :pimp: :wink:

[COLOR=#red]
Also I wonder how guys pick the teams they root for when they didn't attend the school.[/COLOR]
Grew up in Arkansas, went undergrad at The Ohio State University.

I'm interested to see how Texas Tech will perform under Kingsbury or Cinci under Tubbs w/ Grand.

I turned 21 the June before that season started. We went to Ann Arbor w/o tickets because we thought we'd be able to scalp tickets for cheap but that was the first time ever that no one was selling tickets. My brother and I walked downtown to a bar and we left before the game was over. We were walking along side the Big House and we heard the stadium going crazy. It was the long pass to set up the FG attempt. Then people started walking out and we found out what happened. Not one of my better days. We'll get revenge next year tho! The Rematch.

If this turns into a post your diploma thread, feelings will be hurt and this thread is getting locked
laugh.gif
That question always brings out emotions. Learned a while ago not to ask that in Sports and Training.

i wouldnt be scared to post my diploma and mine say Jackson State University but im from georgia and grew up a UGA fan thats all i really knew and i thought cheering for ga tech was for the nerdy weird science type dudes and it has a lot to tie in with the fact about them and the falcons having the same colors and so on and so forth

Grew up in ga, sister went to UGA so I was always up there..should've went myself..but I moved out of state and went to college in that state

Aunt is an alum and she always sent me stuff when I was a youngin and from trips down there I kinda just chose them cause she always touted them :lol:

UNC basketball cause I ******g grew up in NC and everybody raised in this state chooses a side when it comes to ncaab

It's just dumb as hell to say you can't be a fan of a school cause you didn't attend :lol: you think I can tell them inbreds in bama that they're not real bama or auburn fans? :lol: nah they're just as passionate as the alums...if they're attending or buying products they're giving to the school in some way

Now bandwagon pro sports fans is another subject...most college sports fans are pretty loyal to their team

Last edited:
I definitely don't think you have to attend a school to support it. A lot of these fans who don't attend are better fans and more knowledgable about the school's sports than the students that are there.

I was at the Shoe and the stadium went absolutely nuts when they announced the score to that game. :lol: :smokin

LSU, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue and Texas were the only schools to report no subsidy money in 2012. Michigan reported receiving less than $260,000: $16,000 in federal work study funding and the remainder from the university to cover the salary of academic services director Phil Hughes, according to athletics spokesman Dave Ablauf.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if I'd still be an SC/Duke fan if I'd gone to any of the rival schools I got into (for academic reasons).

Outside of football/Mens BB my college sports allegiances are all to my alma-mater, but those two sports to me have nothing to do with where I went to school.

I became fans of those teams when I was a kid.

It's funny though because I passed on a couple of schollys to places just because I hated the schools athletic programs
laugh.gif

Graduated from FIU but all I ever knew was UM growing up and living in Miami. UM was my dream school but way too expensive for me to attend. I watched UM since I was a little kid and was the first team I watched before the Dolphins and Heat. I'm loyal to UM and support FIU football. My cousin attended UM and when I had the chance to transfer to UM and finish my bachelors there, I turned it down because I would have been pushed back about a year.

Dumbass Hoke calls us Ohio a few years ago.. Only to see the Michigan bball team lose to the actual Ohio. :rofl:

Urban is in that dudes nightmares, and it's only just begun :pimp:

mean.gif

I remember listening to the game on my parents boat... Got blackout drunk that night
Speaking of Michigan, the hype train before the '07 (?) season and the resulting loss to App St. was one of the greatest moments in the CFB thread history.
roll.gif
roll.gif
I remember like a week before that game posting in the thread asking if any michigan fans were worried about appy st. 
nerd.gif

I need to go grave dig.

Whatever happened to craftsy btw?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom