2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

You sound dumb as hell.

Taking the best player in college football in the last decade top 15 is risky? :lol: When did Manziel become Jamarcus Russell?

No....NOT taking Manziel is the type of decision that gets GMs fired.

give me Teddy or Mario all day in the NFL over Johnny

I love Johnny and he is cooking right now but I dont see it transitioning well in the NFL I would love to see him go to Philly or New Orleans sit behind the vets Vick and Brees until they retire and come in ready to cook like Aaron Rodgers.

JACKSONVILLE BETTER TAKE TEDDY 1ST PICK :smokin

Teddy 1st

Lineman 2nd

Deanthony Thomas - 2nd round to stretch the field and special teams

Last edited:
as far as you don't see him making it in the league, why?

Too much of a Cowboy. He's clearly better than Tebow and can actually play the spot, but him heaving the ball in the middle of the field, and throwing it up to 6-5 receivers all the time isn't always going to work. On top of that, his hype is going to be insane. Tebowesque, which will only cause more trouble.

In college you can get by on pure talent. In the league, you can't. I don't see him being precise enough in the NFL to work out, he too much Favre in him I guess is what I'm getting at, but without Favre's arm.

i still think he has a pretty good arm. good enough to carve alabama. i agree with the "cowboy" comment. i can't count how many times me and everyone else at the stadium is cringing because he's running back and forth with the ball held all loose. i love his ability to turn nothing into something. but sometimes he's gotta learn that throwing it out of bounds and getting nothing is better than taking a huge sack or throwing a bad INT.

And here I was thinking this was the college football thread. :nerd:

College Kaepernick > Tebow. Boise State knows.

That's my thinking. Turf makes that offense stupid. Him, Kap, Wilson in that division? :x

Thing is, I need his arm to get better quick. Not strength wise, accuracy wise. I'm sure he can learn and be coached up, etc, but if he doesn't get that right soon, it could affect him in the league fast.

Overall I had Morris to Jax in Rd 2 (Clowney)
Boyd to KC.
Teddy to Oakland
McCarron to Houston
Marriotta to the Lou
Aaron Murray to the Jets, cux it would be a perfect fit to his college career.

Fales, Gardner, and Hundley I haven't placed yet. Also need to look up that kid Bortles? He's the rising star right now, but I don't know much about him yet.

My biggest gripe with this list is that CP intentionally spelled Mariota's last name wrong :lol:

I'd love to see Chip get back with Mariota. He's probably the single biggest reason Chip almost stayed another year. My guess is Mariota ends up being the best quarterback in Oregon history.

Cheers to that sentiment.

Friends from college (couple) visited Eugene recently. I'd love to make the trip eventually.

Gardner has only started 8 games and he just turned the ball over 4 times against AKRON. He needs another year.

So much bad info on the past couple pages about Manziel.

JFF had a better single season, in terms of yardage, than Cam, Tebow, and VY.

For the comments on JFF's loss to Florida in his first college start, there's a night and day difference between the player he was in that game and now. In that first game, they did not trust him to throw the ball down the field, period. It is incredible how much he has matured as a QB.

I'm not an NFL scout so I'm not gonna get into this nonsense saying he's gonna be a topX pick. However, what I will say is there are lots of bad QBs in the NFL and JFF is gonna have his chance to show he belongs.

Honestly have not seen Lynch or Carr yet. Call me snakebit, but I would probably shy away from another Carr tho. Fool me once.....

I didn't mean to spell Mariota wrong. I've put two r's, two t's, one or the other, both, I never get the damn thing right. Serious, not intentional, just too lazy to look at it one time. Why can't he get a better name like Boyd or somethin? :lol:

I thought about him to Philly, BUT, why waste Barkley? I assume Chip took Barkley thinkin there was somethin he could do, give that away a year later, especially when Bark is already dirt cheap with a 4th round contract?
Will I be stunned if Mariota goes to Philly? No, not at all. But I would think Chip would rather use his picks elsewhere on the roster having a young QB already in hand. Unless he does want to use a running QB as part of his offense no matter what. (he always said he could do it either way, run or throw QB, doesn't care which.)

I think everyone was sleeping when this went down...

Easily one of the craziest finishes I've ever seen.

Who was in the wrong/screwed up?

I'm having a hard time coming to a definitive answer.

Last edited:
Jewbacca: Single season is completely different than saying career or better overall player. One season does not trump three in my book. I need longevity and consistency throughout your college career.

Barry Sanders might have become one of the greatest RB's of all-time, but we'll never truly know. We can only speculate. Unless we get in a time machine, I can never place Barry over Brown or Payton.

Last edited:
Honestly have not seen Lynch or Carr yet. Call me snakebit, but I would probably shy away from another Carr tho. Fool me once.....

I didn't mean to spell Mariota wrong. I've put two r's, two t's, one or the other, both, I never get the damn thing right. Serious, not intentional, just too lazy to look at it one time. Why can't he get a better name like Boyd or somethin? :lol:

I thought about him to Philly, BUT, why waste Barkley? I assume Chip took Barkley thinkin there was somethin he could do, give that away a year later, especially when Bark is already dirt cheap with a 4th round contract?
Will I be stunned if Mariota goes to Philly? No, not at all. But I would think Chip would rather use his picks elsewhere on the roster having a young QB already in hand. Unless he does want to use a running QB as part of his offense no matter what. (he always said he could do it either way, run or throw QB, doesn't care which.)

Naw, you're good. Just havin fun.

I've thought the same thing you have. I guess I meant to say that I wouldn't be surprised IF Chip took Mariota (or tried to anyways...). Chip Kelly made Jeremiah Masoli an All-Pac-12 quarterback lol. He can make Barkley do good things too.

Jewbacca: Single season is completely different than saying career or better overall player. One season does not trump three in my book. I need longevity and consistency throughout your college career

I'm not getting into player A over player B arguments.

Just stating factually that in Manziel's freshman year, he put up more total yards than players who are deemed as college football legends. Just because a player puts up higher numbers in stat categorie X doesn't make them a better player, but it's a good starting point to make a fact based argument in general.

No problem with that specific statement. Let's see what Manziel does in his sophomore year. Compared to Teddy, Hundley, and MM. LSU will be another stout test in Baton Rouge.

I will say is there are lots of bad QBs in the NFL and JFF is gonna have his chance to show he belongs.

Well...Yeah. He'll get the chance to show he belongs as a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, or a 3rd pick. The discussion is where exactly his value puts him and further, what about his game will make him succeed or struggle in the NFL.

I think comparing individual accolades and stats from college doesn't come close to getting to the point and directs the argument into a tangent.

Last edited:
David Carr and Tim Couch had no shot at succeeding in the NFL the minute they left that green room.

I legit feel bad for those dudes to this day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom