2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Naw, you're good. Just havin fun.

I've thought the same thing you have. I guess I meant to say that I wouldn't be surprised IF Chip took Mariota (or tried to anyways...). Chip Kelly made Jeremiah Masoli an All-Pac-12 quarterback lol. He can make Barkley do good things too.
Yea the Pac 12 isn't the NFC East.

Are you guys taking the system these guys play in when factoring numbers?

If not then Case Keenum and Timmy Chang>>> All

You know, because it's all about numbers.

Manziel is going to flop hard in the NFL. Feel bad for the GM that takes a shot and loses his job for making him a first rounder, :lol:

Manziel is going to flop hard in the NFL. Feel bad for the GM that takes a shot and loses his job for making him a first rounder, :lol:

How would he have fared in that USC system? They have a good track record w/ NFL QB's.

I get so tired of people propping Tebow up on some pedestal like he could do no wrong and was the whole team while in Gainesville. 2 NC but was the backup for 1. Offense was loaded with playmakers (Percy, Louis Murphy, 81 Gunz, Demps, Rainey, etc.); not to mention a fantastic defense save for 2007. Cam and now Johnny have done more with less of a supporting cast than ever had. I'd take em both over Tim any day of the week. And I went to damn near every home game from 2007-2009. Percy was still the best player on those UF teams, but I'm sleep.

How would he have fared in that USC system? They have a good track record w/ NFL QB's.

That's the retort, :lol:

Comparing Tebow's numbers to Manziels as some folks are doing is like comparing apples and oranges. Different systems.

Don't matter none, Manziel wont cut it in the NFL. Even if he had ideal height and arm strength the baggage he brings to the table will makes him a walking red flag.

That's the retort, :lol:

Comparing Tebow's numbers to Manziels as some folks are doing is like comparing apples and oranges. Different systems.

Don't matter none, Manziel wont cut it in the NFL. Even if he had ideal height and arm strength the baggage he brings to the table will makes him a walking red flag.

I was messin' w/ u bro.... :lol:

Last edited:
UF would not have won that first NC with Leak alone.

Nobody is denying Tebow's supporting class. Common knowledge Urban can recruit bar none.

Do you have anything substantive to add to this post as to why he'll "flop hard"?

He's taller than Russell Wilson.

JFF will be more successful in the L than Leinart, Sanchez and Barkley combined.

(I know that bar is pretty low), but yeah.

The irony of a U$C fan talking about baggage and QB prospects.

Last edited:
Cold on Barkley? I'm intrigued.
I think he's w/ the wrong franchise/coach for starters.

I can't see Chip getting the MOST out of his offense w/ Barks at the helm.

Barkley's ceiling is Andy Dalton to me, and that's if everything goes absolutely perfect.

I don't see him doing that in Philly. Somewhere else? Maybe.

He'll never be a top 15 QB in the league, IMO. Not dynamic enough.

These days, if you don't have legitimate speed/escapability, you better have a rocket arm that is precise.

He has neither, IMO.

Last edited:
Do you have anything substantive to add to this post as to why he'll "flop hard"?

Arm strength lacking, leadership skills lacking, head case. His biggest asset is that he is a gamer, and he extends plays with his legs. Good for college, doesn't bode well in the NFL. I go back and forth on the high IQ, because he does locate open receivers well at times and does pick good times to tuck and run, but then he makes some horrible throwing decisions. Makes plays that make you go :wow: , then makes a play that makes you go :smh:.

He has one great year under his belt, and you guys are already dubbing him a top 15 pick. Pump the breaks. Might just need more seasoning. Money isn't an issue for him, think he should stay in college until his eligibility runs out. Enjoy BMOC status as long as possible, milk that *****.

He's taller than Russell Wilson.

JFF will be more successful in the L than Leinart, Sanchez and Barkley combined.

The irony of a U$C fan talking about baggage and QB prospects.

Yup, my entire argument was that he won't be more succesful than Leinart, Sanchez and Barkley combined. :lol:

I
think he's w/ the wrong franchise/coach for starters.

I can't see Chip getting the MOST out of his offense w/ Barks at the helm.

Barkley's ceiling is Andy Dalton to me, and that's if everything goes absolutely perfect.

I don't see him doing that in Philly. Somewhere else? Maybe.

He'll never be a top 15 QB in the league, IMO. Not dynamic enough.

I don't think you know what Chip is capable of, I'm glad he is out of Oregon even though he left the blueprint behind. He's stated numerous times that his system doesn't necessarily need a running/mobile QB.

Chip picked Barkley for a reason, and for the record, he played hurt last year after Chase Thomas drilled him.

Will he be good in the L, who knows? He's not in a bad situation though. Chip isn't dumb, there have been two regular season games with him at the helm and he sees Vick getting his *** kicked and hobbled. These new offenses are great, but unless they make a rule stating that QB's can't get hit, these new offenses will have to adjust. RGIII ain't even the same.

Last edited:
UF would not have won that first NC with Leak alone.

Nobody is denying Tebow's supporting class. Common knowledge Urban can recruit bar none.

Yea they probably wouldn't have won it without him but bottom line was he wasn't the starting QB and Chris Leak played lights out in that title game vs Ohio St.

How you gonna list UF playmakers and omit the frequent recipient of the Tebow jump pass?

Who Tate Casey?

I don't think you know what Chip is capable of, I'm glad he is out of Oregon even though he left the blueprint behind.

He's stated numerous times that his system doesn't necessarily need a running/mobile QB.

Will he be good in the L, who knows? He's not in a bad situation though.
Nobody knows what Chip is capable of yet.

Yes he has stated that numerous times, but we've never seen it in action. Until he proves otherwise...

Do you honestly think the Philadelphia Eagles pass on Marcus Mariota if he's sitting there when they're on the clock?

I almost felt like that Barkley pick was a "value pick" to stash and try to flip later on. Heck, they didn't even have to invest too much into him.

I don't think he's their true priority going forward, long term.

Last edited:
Nobody knows what Chip is capable of yet.

Yes he has stated that numerous times, but we've never seen it in action. Until he proves otherwise...

Do you honestly think the Philadelphia Eagles pass on Marcus Mariota if he's sitting there when they're on the clock?

I almost felt like that Barkley pick was a "value pick" to stash and try to flip later on. Heck, they didn't even have to invest too much into him.

I don't think he's their true priority going forward, long term.

You may be right on Barkley in terms of him being the Eagles priority, don't buy the Mariota theory. Chip isn't building the New Mexico Aztecs and Mariota isn't Willie Beamon.

Jewbacca: Single season is completely different than saying career or better overall player. One season does not trump three in my book. I need longevity and consistency throughout your college career.

Barry Sanders might have become one of the greatest RB's of all-time, but we'll never truly know. We can only speculate. Unless we get in a time machine, I can never place Barry over Brown or Payton.

You talking about te same Jim Brown that retired at age 29 after only 9 seasons, or a different one? :lol:

The same Jim Brown who scored 106 touchdowns in those nine years.

'57 and '62 the only minor "blemishes" in his career résumé.

Are you arguing he's not the best back in NFL history?

Arm strength lacking, leadership skills lacking, head case.

That's an ignorant take. You know nothing about his leadership skills or being a head case, unless you play for the Aggies.

If you're gonna make claims like that, try backing it up with some facts or logical reasoning.

Johnny isn't close to the level of Vince or Tebow? Huh? Have we not watched the last year? Never mind the team accomplishments and titles... Johnny as a quarterback is right on par with those dudes as a sophomore.

And he is lacking leadership skills? Ugh.

You guys should know by now IM has insider sources and knows more than anyone else in this thread. That's why you all make him laugh so much. So learn to take his word as gospel and be better for it. LOL.

Last edited:
Champ I have respect for your opinion, so I'm gonna act like I didn't see you mention Jordan Lynch's name.

As far as Johnny goes, where is the on field evidence that he is such a bad leader? Do those A&M players not ride out w/ him on the field?

Last edited:
Lol, Dre. I been ridin' with FSU as a NC sleeper all month.

To clarify, I don't think I was one of the individuals to outwardly say Johnny is a bad leader. I do question it because of his maturity and off-field incidents. How will that translate to a team of men in the NFL?

My major point was that Johnny is in no way, shape, or form a better leader of men in the football locker room at the college level than Tebow. Back when we were comparing and debating.

Back
Top Bottom