2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

this ****** avy
roll.gif

jville :pimp:
Anybody think Stoops(FSU) will be back next year ? Is he the type that wants a head coaching job?

Last edited:
5'10" 240 :rofl:

Cardo strikes again? Rumors are circulating that Cierre Wood will be suspended two games for smoking...

DEpast, what are ticket prices like for USCe games? One of my best friends just started law school there. I might start my quest to visit all of the SEC stadiums and try to get out there for a game this year.

Dee Hart healthy yet?

Wonder if Diggs can make an impact as a frosh.

I just noticed how ridiculously easy UGA's schedule is :smh:

Last edited:
Rumors are circulating that Cierre Wood will be suspended two games for smoking...

Its official now.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...rish-suspend-top-rusher-cierre-wood-two-games

Notre Dame has suspended running back Cierre Wood and defensive end Justin Utupo for the first two games of the season, the school announced Sunday

Neither player will travel to Saturday's opener against Navy in Dublin, Ireland.

"Our players are aware of the standards I set for our program and that failure to meet my expectations will result in consequences," coach Brian Kelly said in a statement. "Justin and Cierre violated our team rules so I've suspended them for the first two games of the season."

Wood, a senior, rushed for 1,102 yards and nine touchdowns last season. Theo Riddick, who has played both running back and wide receiver, likely will replace Wood as the Irish's No. 1 running back during the first two games.

Utupo, a junior, has seen mostly special teams action for the Irish during his career.

The players also will miss the Sept. 8 home game against Purdue.

Earlier, Kelly suspended quarterback Tommy Rees and linebacker Carlo Calabrese for the season opener for their roles in a skirmish with police following an off-campus party in May.

The Irish also have lost starting cornerback Lo Wood for the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon. He underwent surgery on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Gunna can you make an avy for me with the touchdown and celebration at the beginning of this vid (it's also at 1:50 but not as clear).  thanks.

I'm having trouble finding an extended video of just that highlight though.

Last edited:
Season's about to start, can we start making predictions for our team's seasons?

Clemson 8.5 wins (I'll go with 8 regular season)
I'd go higher, probably 10, if we didn't perpetually have an awful OL.

That's another question...does anyone else have a position (group or specific) on their team that is consistently weak? Our OL has below average as long as I can remember, bunch of poosies. Every other position has been a strength at least at some point.

^VT hasn't had a good OL since 2001. This year the secondary worries me as all of the backups are either true or RS freshman and Exum is a converted safety playing corner. (So to answer your question from before, Boyd and Watkins will probably have a field day again).

Prediction wise, I think 9 wins is about right. OL and DB are too inexperienced, same with RB but I feel a little but better there. WR just isn't talented enough IMO. I think FSU takes the league title this year.

Nick Saban said:
All these predictions that you all make, they hijack the game. All anybody worries about in college football is the BCS, who's going to be in the final game. We have a lot of great games, for our fans, for our players, great competitive venues. Michigan's going to be a great game. Arkansas game, Tennessee game, LSU, Auburn. I could go through every game on our schedule and say how exciting a game this is going to be. And why do we play the games? To answer the questions.

In the spirit of this philosocoach's remarks, post your questions, not your superfluous and almost guaranteed to be wrong predictions.

I'll start it off:

Can USC's line play be good enough to keep the team at the top of the rankings? Why or why not? Who needs to really step up?
What would you need to see to make you believe in Clemson as a legitimate contender for the title? Who needs to really step up?
Is Knile Davis the key to Arky beating the toughest teams on its schedule? If not, then who or what?

Last edited:
Nick Saban said:
All these predictions that you all make, they hijack the game. All anybody worries about in college football is the BCS, who's going to be in the final game. We have a lot of great games, for our fans, for our players, great competitive venues. Michigan's going to be a great game. Arkansas game, Tennessee game, LSU, Auburn. I could go through every game on our schedule and say how exciting a game this is going to be. And why do we play the games? To answer the questions.

In the spirit of this philosocoach's remarks, post your questions, not your superfluous and almost guaranteed to be wrong predictions.

I'll start it off:

Can USC's line play be good enough to keep the team at the top of the rankings? Why or why not? Who needs to really step up?
What would you need to see to make you believe in Clemson as a legitimate contender for the title? Who needs to really step up?
Is Knile Davis the key to Arky beating the toughest teams on its schedule? If not, then who or what?
Shut up, you're a Northwestern fan and just don't want to admit your team will likely win 5 games. Pre-season polls are meaningless but since we're neither coaches nor on the team, there's nothing wrong with predicting/guessing for fun.

And to answer your question, Clemson won't be a contender for a title if you're talking National Championship, ACC only because it sucks. Weak along the OL as I said (DL is unproven as well). Gotta be able to control the LOS.

Northwestern alumnus or not, the point remains: questions are better than predictions. What exactly am I contributing to a discussion by throwing out a number? 6! No 7!? 4!? 8!!!!!!!! But fine, I'll make you happy- 5 could definitely happen. There are a lot of questions in the line play and secondary.

I'm just trying avoid the E!spn-ness that Nick Saban abhors.

Back
Top Bottom