2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

All This debate about "Leadership/Intangibles" is pointless because there's currently no way to measure such qualities other than watching and following such individuals and seeing what you see-- then drawing an individual conclusion. The so-called "eye-test".

Guys like Winston and Manziel stand out because you see the command and involvement they have with the entire team/game-day process. They not only lead by having amazing football skill-sets but also you can see the focus, poise, and will-to-win each time they step on the field. Jameis was not just playing for the camera last week in Death Valley. That is his natural personality 24/7--- even last year on the road at NC State when we lost that game, he was the only player on the sideline screaming and routin on every single player on our team. A lot of guys didn't even know who he was and were like "look at this fool, he ain't even playing". Well they know now.

Watch Johnny Manziel on gameday, you see him slap 5 with every defensive player after they come off the field. That is his team and those guys play for him. I would venture to guess there are several players on TAMU and FSU that would not be playing at the level they are without the presence of these young, inspiring QBs.

So how do you measure a leader? .... I would say look at the players around him and see if they elevate their game around this person. Someone mentioned Tebow, and i totally agree with him being the same type of "rah-rah"(for lack of a better term) leader. You know when he is on the field, those boys are playing for him. Other than that I can't really see a way to measure it.

[COLOR=#red]I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but in a way you are contradicting yourself. The first paragraph makes an argument that it's pointless, yet you kind of show otherwise in the following paragraphs by giving examples of leadership and intangibles. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but in a way you are contradicting yourself. The first paragraph makes an argument that it's pointless, yet you kind of show otherwise in the following paragraphs by giving examples of leadership and intangibles. [/COLOR]
I get where he's coming from though. In Manziel's case, you can't look at his stats and say he's a bad QB. The quantifiable metrics just don't back that up.

However, people can look at his leadership abilities and come to different conclusions. Some people can put aside how he acts off the field and conclude from his play and actions on the field that he's a good, strong leader. Others can look at the same stuff and say that he's not a leader.

Without quantifiable metrics to point either way, in most cases there's really nothing but personal opinions and observations to base the leadership/intangibles stuff on.

I heard were not recruiting lane anymore.
Saw that too. Hope we can flip JC Jackson and Cook/Michel. JUCO DT, Moten, safety, LB and possibly another OL and we're probably done if you throw in Dixon and Brady. Maybe Treon Harris is Malik Rosier flips. 

One of the guys from I think 24/7 said that he thinks we still pull Dixon, Moten and Pelon, and try to flip Cook, Lane, and JC Jackson from Florida, plus we offered Jaden Gault today a Wisco commit.

You know this stuff as good as anybody on Miami's side, you think with all the guys we've already pulled, we could still land 4-5 of these on top of all that????? Cuz that seems just absurd.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
dixon visited alabama and ohio and his offers are crazy...if we could somehow pull him that would be crazy

also the recievers down here this year is absolutely INSANE

trevon lee is the only one i think has given us the cold shoulder

Last edited:
Saw that too. Hope we can flip JC Jackson and Cook/Michel. JUCO DT, Moten, safety, LB and possibly another OL and we're probably done if you throw in Dixon and Brady. Maybe Treon Harris is Malik Rosier flips. 

I think we want treon as a CB and he wants to play qb in college.

Man, I know tons of athletes have been caught in possession of narcotics or been around weed/the smell of marajuana.....but is this the first case of an athlete actually being caught SNORTING cocaine?! serious question
IIRC Matt Jones was caught snorting coke when he was still with the Jag's.

what percentage of the 70's steelers was on that cyndi lauper?

cocaine cowboys made it seem like they just had blow party's

then played the next day

Last edited:
Dixon = Johnny Dixon?

Yeah I don't think he's a take for Bama but I could be wrong. Everything I know about him has him pegged to Miami

I'm hearing Dixon to Miami as well. Hopefully it works out because we need some depth there too.

Supposedly Stuckey might not be in this class because of grades.

UF offered Stuckey as well.

If Miami is able to land JC as a WR he will be the best WR in their class. He seems to be convinced that he is a DB but he is way better @ WR.

They're offering him as a DB I believe. He tore a hole in some UF 2015/16 commit a few weeks ago at WR though. 
sick.gif

?

I don't think (as of right now) JC ends up back in the fold, though he has reached out to the coaches some. NVM cancel that. Would love to land Malone, I think we have a shot, but I think UT wins out in the end & he remains close to home.

Coaches seem all in on Malone, Dupre & Rudolph while maintaining contact & trying to get visits from Lane and Langham. Langham was hand delivered to FSU but they flubbed that one

Last edited:
USC's depth going into this game :x

I don't know how we're gonna get through this game :lol: Looking back on it, I'm not as mad that Lane didn't wanna tackle in practice.

Btw, is there any correlation between training and knee injuries? Or are they just purely bad luck?

Edit: accidentally posted on my brother's account. Was supposed to go to JUS3

Last edited:
i think it will be between georgia,tennessee and florida state

with florida state beingthe most attractive and tennessee getting

the usual hometown love 

dupree i think goes with LSU

texas a&m gotta put that pressure on speedy because LSU can land both of them...

?

I don't think (as of right now) JC ends up back in the fold, though he has reached out to the coaches some. NVM cancel that. Would love to land Malone, I think we have a shot, but I think UT wins out in the end & he remains close to home.

Coaches seem all in on Malone, Dupre & Rudolph while maintaining contact & trying to get visits from Lane and Langham. Langham was hand delivered to FSU but they flubbed that one
Is FSU still on Langham? I hope he stays with Miami. 

Schedule rank

1 Ole Miss
2 UGA
7 Florida
9 LSU
20 SCar
28 TAMU
30 Mizzou
33 Auburn
42 FSU
43 Bama
45 Clemson
68 Oregon
76 Ohio St

Couple of things...

SEC teams are going to be up in the top of SOS as long as the preason polls continue to put undeserving teams in the top of the polls, ie Florida, UGA...it ceates a cycle of ranked SEC teams playing ranked SEC teams, thus SEC teams not falling far enough when the lose (because they played another ranked team) and SEC teams climbing more than they deserve (because they beat another ranked...anyone with any intellectual integrity knows that preseason polls created bias in the rankings all season long...

And...before I get the UGA is injured and missing players...see the last 50 posts in this thread about Colt Lyerla...and, BTW...DAT has missed the last four games...NEXT MAN UP...where is the great SEC recruiting, the great Southern football player...UGA should have PLENTY of "talent" to fall back on...no???

Also...many SEC teams FINISH the season with some of their weaker opponents because of their ridiculous 8 game conference schedule in a 14 team conference...which, should continually be pointed out, but is NOT by the major networks (ESPN/CBS) that have BILLIONS riding on "riding" the SEC...

Oregon has #13 this week, #7 next week and #25 Oregon State at the end of the year...they will also play either UCLA or ASU again in the Pac12 Championship Game (ASU will be ranked if they get to the game)...so...Oregon has 4 ranked opponents left...they already beat Washington when they were ranked...they annihilated an SEC team...

Posting things like this half way through the season prove that fact that the SEC honks continue to support a league that is obviously down this year...I mean, you are hanging your hat on the likes of Mizzou and Auburn...

While there still some tough games for these guys, let's not overlook some of the cupcakes left...

Ole Miss still has Idaho and Troy on it's schedule...
UGA still has App St, Kentucky and GA Tech...
Florida still has Vandy and GA Southern...
LSU still has Furman and Arkansas...
SCAR still has Miss St and Coastal Carolina...
TAMU still has Vandy, UTEP and Miss St

Lastly...all this talk is just that, talk...but, if you want to look at bias in the polls, at least in the BCS era...it has been analyzed and clearly shows the bias AGAINST football out west and FOR "traditional" programs in the country...

http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/conferences.html
http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/all-teams.html

JM

:lol: at comparing having two players out to UGA's 21 players on the injury report. That's one-fourth of the team! How many teams would keep winning with one out of every four players injured?

Couple of things...

SEC teams are going to be up in the top of SOS as long as the preason polls continue to put undeserving teams in the top of the polls, ie Florida, UGA...it ceates a cycle of ranked SEC teams playing ranked SEC teams, thus SEC teams not falling far enough when the lose (because they played another ranked team) and SEC teams climbing more than they deserve (because they beat another ranked...anyone with any intellectual integrity knows that preseason polls created bias in the rankings all season long...

And...before I get the UGA is injured and missing players...see the last 50 posts in this thread about Colt Lyerla...and, BTW...DAT has missed the last four games...NEXT MAN UP...where is the great SEC recruiting, the great Southern football player...UGA should have PLENTY of "talent" to fall back on...no???

Also...many SEC teams FINISH the season with some of their weaker opponents because of their ridiculous 8 game conference schedule in a 14 team conference...which, should continually be pointed out, but is NOT by the major networks (ESPN/CBS) that have BILLIONS riding on "riding" the SEC...

Oregon has #13 this week, #7 next week and #25 Oregon State at the end of the year...they will also play either UCLA or ASU again in the Pac12 Championship Game (ASU will be ranked if they get to the game)...so...Oregon has 4 ranked opponents left...they already beat Washington when they were ranked...they annihilated an SEC team...

Posting things like this half way through the season prove that fact that the SEC honks continue to support a league that is obviously down this year...I mean, you are hanging your hat on the likes of Mizzou and Auburn...

While there still some tough games for these guys, let's not overlook some of the cupcakes left...

Lastly...all this talk is just that, talk...but, if you want to look at bias in the polls, at least in the BCS era...it has been analyzed and clearly shows the bias AGAINST football out west and FOR "traditional" programs in the country...

JM

Amen, bruh.

SEC teams are going to be up in the top of SOS as long as the preseason polls continue to put undeserving teams in the top of the polls, ie Florida, UGA...it ceates a cycle of ranked SEC teams playing ranked SEC teams, thus SEC teams not falling far enough when the lose (because they played another ranked team) and SEC teams climbing more than they deserve (because they beat another ranked...anyone with any intellectual integrity knows that preseason polls created bias in the rankings all season long...

That statement above explains it perfectly. Preseason rankings are terrible. Teams should be ranked on what they've done this season, not last or any other season prior. If people want to say the SEC has great depth and that's why the top teams are losing, why can't that be said for any other conference? People say Florida/Auburn is better than Arizona State. When asked why, a typical response is "It's FLORIDA, man. They play in the SEC." Like that some how makes them a better team. The only reason people perceive them to be any better is because people have consistently ranked SEC teams over other conferences and based on past results, which don't have a whole lot of bearing on the present season.

The whole process is a mess. I absolutely HATE this conference pride crap. It's not what CFB should be about. It should be about your own damn team and that's it. I hate that I have to hope all of the teams in the Pac-12 are successful so that it makes the team I support look better.

Anyways...

Most underrated teams since 1989?

1. Oregon
2. Boise State
3. Washington State
4. Utah
5. Kansas State
6. TCU
7. Boston College
8. Cincy
9. Stanford
10. BYU

(for those counting, that's six teams west of the Rockies in the top ten)

Let's look at the most overrated teams since 1989:

1. Oklahoma
2. USC
3. Texas
4. FSU
5. Nebraska
6. Michigan
7. Notre Dame
8. The U
9. Florida
10. Clemson

Looks like people are hanging on to "history" and not the reality that is today's game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schedule rank

1 Ole Miss
2 UGA
7 Florida
9 LSU
20 SCar
28 TAMU
30 Mizzou
33 Auburn
42 FSU
43 Bama
45 Clemson
68 Oregon
76 Ohio St

Couple of things...

JM

Worst post in NT history nominee. :smh:

Couple of things...

JM

Amen, bruh.

Most underrated teams since 1989?

1. Oregon
2. Boise State
3. Washington State
4. Utah
5. Kansas State
6. TCU
7. Boston College
8. Cincy
9. Stanford
10. BYU

(for those counting, that's six teams west of the Rockies in the top ten)

Let's look at the most overrated teams since 1989:

1. Oklahoma
2. USC
3. Texas
4. FSU
5. Nebraska
6. Michigan
7. Notre Dame
8. The U
9. Florida
10. Clemson

Looks like people are hanging on to "history" and not the reality that is today's game.

You're just kidding, right?

This post is just a joke, please tell me you're joking like the Rams calling Favre.

Back
Top Bottom