2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

No doubt. I've been to SunLife a few times grant it that it was called "Pro Player" the first time I went haha. I'm in Orlando and UCF was the same way when they were playing in the Citrus Bowl but for a premier program to have such terrible attendance is embarassing. Regardless if it is private or not. I see way too many people with Miami gear for it the have an attendace that is on par with an elite Texas high school program. Shame man. Oh well should be pretty full next Thursday when I'm down there.

Edit: on my phone, excuse the typos
It was the same with the orange bowl. There's people there at the stadium trust me there was over 50000 people there today easily that stadium just always looks empty. They usually have tarps up in the corners on the top deck to cover up seats and today they had them off cause it was a bigger crowd then usual. When there's big games its full like FSU games or rival games. When we play vtech it will be full. Its just how Miami fans are with every sport. I'm there every game tho they should to

The stadium is just too big for UM. I was at the game as well and there was 50k+ w/o the tarp. The stadium is just too big for UM.

Problem with SLS is that it holds about 75k. Makes our crowd looks smaller than what it truly is. Plus the stadium is built for the Dolphins. It has no college feel to it. It's actually amazing that the Hurricanes try everything they can to give it that "college experience".

A majority of the fans didn't go to UM because it's a private school. Very small alumni and student section.

Last edited:
The stadium is just too big for UM. I was at the game as well and there was 50k+ w/o the tarp. The stadium is just too big for UM.

Problem with SLS is that it holds about 75k. Makes our crowd looks smaller than what it truly is. Plus the stadium is built for the Dolphins. It has no college feel to it. It's actually amazing that the Hurricanes try everything they can to give it that "college experience".

A majority of the fans didn't go to UM because it's a private school. Very small alumni and student section.

Exactly. People don't understand this

Tennessee sorrass packs out 102k every week, nobody trying to hear your excuses for your poor fanbase. Get outta here clogging the thread up with that.

There's nothing else to do in Knoxville when you compare it to South Florida. Small private liberal arts vs Flagship research university, a more fair comparison to UM is Stanford or Duke with small student populations

Penn State is about to put in work on Ohio State :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
and cover the 17 :lol:

Last edited:
Exactly. People don't understand this

Much of this depends on perspective. Quite a few of us are in SEC territory where the stadiums pack out at well over 100k+.

Lol. While I'm posting this Cardo makes my point for me. Neyland is 10 minutes away. 100k go there for a terrible team. Imagine how it is if the Vols would be undefeated like UM is this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much of this depends on perspective. Quite a few of us are in SEC territory where the stadiums pack out at well over 100k+.

Lol. While I'm posting this Cardo makes my point for me. Neyland is 10 minutes away. 100k go there for a terrible team. Imagine how it is if the Vols would be undefeated like UM is this year.

Tennessee is a major university that has a giant student population compared to UM.

When it comes to Miami, our city has been a professional city. It's been Dolphins country. Still is even when they suck. SEC teams like Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia etc. are all college towns that thrive on their college football teams. UM competes with the Dolphins and Heat.

I know a lot of hurricanes fans that don't go to games be cause they are bigger Dolphins fans and have season tickets for them instead of the hurricanes and like the NFL over NCAA.

Last edited:
My thoughts:

It kills me to think we're bad lane kiffin play calls and a few horrible dumb penalties away from being 7-1.

Ucla is seriously impressing me. I knew they were good but it blows my mind to think neuheisel was THAT bad. I know it's a different team but still.

Anyway I hope the bruins lose 56-14 and it derails their season.

some good games today, tech played better than i thought they would but we basically played 2 true freshman linebackers all game today

Like I said a page back. This discussion comes up every other week and it's the same every damn time, people who are used to college town stadiums/atmospheres calling out Canes fans who try to defend themselves but come off as making excuses. Like I said, the attendance sucks, get over it and move on. That's all there really is to it.

It's like deja vu with this UCLA/Oregon game.

Oregon miscues costing them points or leading to UCLA points. UCLA defense keeping Oregon offense in check for the most part.

Looks like it's gonna be a tight game.

It's just sad to see a top ten ranked team get maybe a third of it's stadium filled with it's fans.

Especially a school with so much football history. They need a stadium on or near campus.

On another note, my Spartans defense is playing phenomenal. We SHOULD be the worst undefeated team in the BCS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom