2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Those Navy helmets are :smokin :smokin :smokin
army-navy-unis2.jpg

From what I understand the Huff and DAT statements were chopped responses to questions about what they thought about playing in the Rose Bowl instead of the national championship, but true or not now no one needs to worry :lol:

(Also I still remember when a 2 loss season was awesome. 2004 wasn't that long ago :lol: )

That 2004 season was :x

That home opening loss to Indiana still really grinds my gears :lol:

Chip Kelly was a big blessing, but also may end up being a curse as he set expectations so high for the program. Any big-time program experiences this kind of stuff (Alabama pre-Saban, Florida post-Meyer, USC post-Caroll, etc.)

LMAOOOO @ those 2 Gators, check the ref near the endzone in the pic

5* MLB Raekwon McMillan set his announcement date for Dec. 16th, Early Enrollee...I think he goes to Clemson.
Hearing Bama is more likely but he could end up at Clemson.

Why do we keep stealing all these top GA recruits? Just paying more or what? I mean, most were on board before week 1 so it has nothing to do with the season.

If it's not this:

Is it this?

Not sure how I feel about it. I know you read it all.
Def didn't read it, but I will later...

All I have to say about it from UGA's standpoint is; Georgia is a recruiting hot bed, there's simply way too many to keep in state each year. Our coaches evaluate the players and based on ability, character and grades they pursue who they feel they could mold into a player that does things "The Georgia Way". At the end of the day they're still 16-18 year old kids whom could be swayed by the simplest things *coughReubentookaHummercough* and *'s don't really matter because they reset as soon as you step foot on a college campus....not to mention a lot of guys lose/receive stars based on whether or not they attend certain recruiting sites off-season camps moreso than what they've done in games. Ex: Todd Gurley was a 3*, but anyone who saw his film knew he was a 5*, now most sites have gone back after he got on campus and upped it to a 4* like that's where they had him all along...
On Gurley’s recruiting rankings . . .
“He was a 3-star for a while and I’m thinking, ‘my God, if my guy is a 3-star, show me what a 4- or 5-star player looks like.’ Again, I know I’m biased, but I thought if Todd Gurley wasn’t a 5-star running back, then I must be missing the boat.”
quoted by his HS coach from here: http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blo...e-at-first-sight-for-georgia-and-todd-gurley/

JoshMalone.Full.jpg

nerd.gif
 5 Years guaranteed (if needed)  > 4

Last edited:
I've always said, the only evaluation that matters is that of the coaching staff. Some examples that are closer to my team illustrate this well:

Jairus Byrd - 2 stars
Walter Thurmond - 2/3 stars
LaMichael James - 3/4 stars
Kenjon Barner - 3 star (as cornerback)
Kiko Alonso - 3 stars
Terrance Mitchell - 3 stars
Marcus Mariota - 3 Stars

Those sites exist to make money, their rankings are about as useful as a preseason CFB poll. A few are right, most are not.

Def didn't read it, but I will later...

All I have to say about it from UGA's standpoint is; Georgia is a recruiting hot bed, there's simply way too many to keep in state each year. Our coaches evaluate the players and based on ability, character and grades they pursue who they feel they could mold into a player that does things "The Georgia Way". At the end of the day they're still 16-18 year old kids whom could be swayed by the simplest things *coughReubentookaHummercough* and *'s don't really matter because they reset as soon as you step foot on a college campus....not to mention a lot of guys lose/receive stars based on whether or not they attend certain recruiting sites off-season camps moreso than what they've done in games. Ex: Todd Gurley was a 3*, but anyone who saw his film knew he was a 5*, now most sites have gone back after he got on campus and upped it to a 4* like that's where they had him all along...

quoted by his HS coach from here: http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blo...e-at-first-sight-for-georgia-and-todd-gurley/

[rule]
JoshMalone.Full.jpg

:nerd:  5 Years guaranteed (if needed)  > 4

:lol: cuz you beat me to the punch i was about to post this aid agreement and i dont think raekwon gonna end up at clemson i think carter persuade him to stay home with the dawgs !!

A guy from Rivals (not Clemson affiliated) posted after his official that with Josh Malone it's UT then Clemson/UGA, FSU is out of it.

Dre, have you hear that? Not sure it matters because he'll probably stay home but you'd think FSU is the most attractive option right now.

Nah, I haven't heard that. Wouldn't be surprised it were true. But definitely that distance is the biggest factor in his recruitment. I'm sure the prospect of playing w/ Watson on the next level doesn't suck either, on the Clemson front

Last edited:

JoshMalone.Full.jpg

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
cuz you beat me to the punch i was about to post this aid agreement and i dont think raekwon gonna end up at clemson i think carter persuade him to stay home with the dawgs !!
I hope so cus we def are still in it. RM just wants some attention, that 5*  status dun went to his head, needs to work on his coverage game and listen to his parents...

[rule]
JoshMalone.Full.jpg

:nerd:  5 Years guaranteed (if needed)  > 4

:lol: cuz you beat me to the punch i was about to post this aid agreement and i dont think raekwon gonna end up at clemson i think carter persuade him to stay home with the dawgs !!
I hope so cus we def are still in it. RM just wants some attention, that 5*  status dun went to his head, needs to work on his coverage game and listen to his parents...

Between the Park > Watson nonsense and this, I think we know the answer to whether you stayed sober like you said you'd been earlier in the season.

JoshMalone.Full.jpg

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
cuz you beat me to the punch i was about to post this aid agreement and i dont think raekwon gonna end up at clemson i think carter persuade him to stay home with the dawgs !!
Between the Park > Watson nonsense and this, I think we know the answer to whether you stayed sober like you said you'd been earlier in the season.
He has stated himself that he wants UGA to "show him more love" whatever that means
nerd.gif
...but when it's all said and done, Park will indeed be a better QB than Watson. Mike Bobo > Chad Morris. Murray > Boyd. 

3 Months next week 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom