2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

*lightning rod* Oregon will not beat a team with a solid defense...

Game was too frustrating, too many missed opportunities. Oregon played a flawless game (*only miscue was the Mariota fumble), and the game wasn't really secure until the end.

Things I think about...

1. Agholor crossing the goal line with that ball in his possession... (I have to see the replay, I was standing 10ft away and it looked like he crossed)
2. Lee getting mugged, Barkley throwing the ball his way to get the PI and no call, ball intercepted. :smh:
3. Dawson not getting that pick that hit him in the hands.
4. Lee fumbling before the half.

Just breaks that didn't happen, that's just the way it is, and that's how you end up with an L. That onside that was oh-so close. Just don't have a defense to stop anyone. Did get some breaks in the second half (Barkleys 3rd pick, where there was no PI, but got a generous call :nerd:).

That being said, don't think Oregon has what it takes to beat a team like Bama. I'm not hating either, which is the way most will take it, :lol:. Saban has the D, and the Ducks D is swiss cheese like every other team in the Pac 12.

Incredible offensive showcase though, but I'm a big believer in "Defense wins Championships"

Silver lining: Monte hangs it up. I was ecstatic when he came on board, but the D just hasn't turned the corner and is awful every year since Pete left. The secondary always looks confused and there are always missed assignments. The talent is there, the scheme is just a bit outdated.

It's all I got, I ranted enough on twitter :lol:... :smh:

Arizona getting stomped by UCLA, :smh: (WTF!)
Notre Dame... :smh:, can't wait.

We'll see what happens against ASU, at this point this team can sack up and finish 9-3 and get another shot at the Ducks in the Pac 12 title game or they can fold like a lawn chair and go 6-6. I can see both scenarios.

As close as the score is, USC was never in a real position to take over. Their defense was cooked from the get go.

Disagree, Lee scores before the half and it's a different ball game, despite the 1st quarter blunders. There was no defense on both sides.

Last edited:
LSU got way too conservative on defense for the first 3 or 4 plays. Corners were givin everything 10 yards and under easy. When they decided to bring pressure, got stung on the screen. Damn

texas a&m at bama next week :pimp:
We're gonna get rolled, bad...but it's hard not to get excited about seeing this team play. First time in a while that I can say I'm proud to wear maroon (around a city that isn't College Station) on Saturday. Got so many "gig 'em"s today while I was out eating breakfast...

I really hope Sumlin is the guy that wakes up the so-called "sleeping giant" that is A&M football.

From ESPN:
Oregon racked up 730 yards and 62 points -- the most ever allowed by USC
Barner ran for a school-record 321 yards and five touchdowns. That's also the most yards and TDs USC has ever given up to a player.
Oregon had eight touchdowns drives of 75 yards or longer, the most 75-yard touchdowns by any team in a game in the last nine seasons.

So can the Ducks please be #2 now?

From ESPN:
So can the Ducks please be #2 now?

No they are most likely not moving up to #2 this week, unless the Harris Poll decides that they are #1, which is highly unlikely. #3 will be very close. Despite playing SC, the computers still have the Oregon SOS in the mid 40's, which is far lower than any of the 3 other teams, so that's really hurting them.

Also, your stats would seem a lot better if this wasn't a USC defense that gave up nearly 600 yds of offense to Arizona last week.

Either way, I don't see why being #2 right now even matters, because the reality is that as long as Stanford and Oregon State don't freefall prior to their games with the Ducks, those two wins should really boost them enough in the computers to overtake the #2 spot as long as the human voters keep them at #2.

we came out the gate ready to play

man our secondary is HORRIBLE they act like they dont know the basics of being a DB! Where is Bryd, Thurmond III, Patrick Chung, Tj Ward, Cliff Harris when you need em

we got the W and Stormed LA

we came out the gate ready to play

man our secondary is HORRIBLE they act like they dont know the basics of being a DB! Where is Bryd, Thurmond III, Patrick Chung, Tj Ward, Cliff Harris when you need em

we got the W and Stormed LA

Ahhh...

Wouldn't be the 2012 thread without this dude posting Oregon's uniforms on every page possible. :rolleyes

Disagree, Lee scores before the half and it's a different ball game, despite the 1st quarter blunders. There was no defense on both sides.

Defense was sparse, true...but the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Oregon had the game in hand early.

Totally agree.

USC was fighting to keep it close. (as evidenced by being down 17 with a minute left and not letting any back ups get some reps :x and going for 2. )

The second USC kicked that 1st FG, they Lost the game.

IMO, 4th and 5 vs Oregon, inside your 30, you HAVE to go for it.

You have to be complete opposite of football tradition.

Last edited:
We're gonna get rolled, bad...but it's hard not to get excited about seeing this team play. First time in a while that I can say I'm proud to wear maroon (around a city that isn't College Station) on Saturday. Got so many "gig 'em"s today while I was out eating breakfast...

I really hope Sumlin is the guy that wakes up the so-called "sleeping giant" that is A&M football.

Vols Old AD interviewed Sumlin, Dooley and Al Golden....

He Hired Derek Dooley

:lol: :lol: :smh:

Last edited:

Our Old AD interviewed Sumlin, Dooley and Al Golden....

He Hired Derek Dooley

:lol: :lol: :smh:
Just a good ole boy, never meanin no harm...

texas a&m at bama next week
pimp.gif

I really don't know how to respond to this. Especially as an alum, whether or not my team is bad, I'm never ashamed to wear orange anywhere.

*lightning rod* Oregon will not beat a team with a solid defense...
Game was too frustrating, too many missed opportunities. Oregon played a flawless game (*only miscue was the Mariota fumble), and the game wasn't really secure until the end.
Things I think about...
1. Agholor crossing the goal line with that ball in his possession... (I have to see the replay, I was standing 10ft away and it looked like he crossed)
2. Lee getting mugged, Barkley throwing the ball his way to get the PI and no call, ball intercepted. :smh:
3. Dawson not getting that pick that hit him in the hands.
4. Lee fumbling before the half.
Just breaks that didn't happen, that's just the way it is, and that's how you end up with an L. That onside that was oh-so close. Just don't have a defense to stop anyone. Did get some breaks in the second half (Barkleys 3rd pick, where there was no PI, but got a generous call :nerd:).
That being said, don't think Oregon has what it takes to beat a team like Bama. I'm not hating either, which is the way most will take it, :lol:. Saban has the D, and the Ducks D is swiss cheese like every other team in the Pac 12.
Incredible offensive showcase though, but I'm a big believer in "Defense wins Championships"
Silver lining: Monte hangs it up. I was ecstatic when he came on board, but the D just hasn't turned the corner and is awful every year since Pete left. The secondary always looks confused and there are always missed assignments. The talent is there, the scheme is just a bit outdated.
It's all I got, I ranted enough on twitter :lol:... :smh:
Arizona getting stomped by UCLA, :smh: (WTF!)
Notre Dame... :smh:, can't wait.
We'll see what happens against ASU, at this point this team can sack up and finish 9-3 and get another shot at the Ducks in the Pac 12 title game or they can fold like a lawn chair and go 6-6. I can see both scenarios.

Did you watch any of the LSU vs Bama game?

The horrific offense that is LSU had 435 yards vs Bama...difference between Oregon and LSU...Oregon can put it in the endzone...

Oregon has SO MANY more weapons than they used in the USC game...this offense is NOT the same offense that Oregon used against LSU and Auburn in the past...Daron Thomas is NOT Mariota...he quietly had over 300 yards passing and almost 100 yards on the ground...

Addison didn't even have a catch...Colt had one catch...De'Anthony touched the ball on offense 10 times...weapons everywhere and the game was all about Barner (most underrated player in college football)...

If Bama allows almost 300 yards vs Mettenberger...you better believe they don't want to see Mariota, Barner, Thomas, Huff, Addison, Lyerla, etc, etc, etc...Bama's strong defensive looked like a fairy tale told by ESPN and CBS last night...

Not to mention...the Bama offense vs the USC offense...not even in the same conversation...Barkley and Lee might be two single best offensive pro prospects in college football...not to mention Woods, who would be the #1 on 100% of other teams and...oh yeah, Silas Redd...I would say that giving up 600+ yards to USC is more impressive than 400+ to LSU when you look at the offenses of both programs...

Saban is already complaining about a possible matchup against Oregon...he's worried...the rest of college football should be as well...

I guess we now have the answer as to how many points and yards Oregon can put up against "somebody"...record breaking amounts...glad to see the starters playing 4 quarters...

JM

Last edited:
Regardless Oregon vs Bama, LSU, Florida, Florida State, or even South Carolina is not good for them...they have faced teams in the Pac 12 that cannot control the line of scrimmage or point of attack

And can we please give up the talk of Oregon having this so called elite defense...they play better with a lead because teams are force to pass....any team with a decent dline would have been able to control USC...both their O-line and D-line are suspect, and Barkley crumbles under durress...and also Marquise Lee is USC's best player...not Matt Barkley

Back
Top Bottom