2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Cashman says Kuroda is very interested in returning.... Not a guarantee that he comes back, but he's interested.

If I'm the Yankees, I keep getting names out of the way... Keep knocking down the people you want, and keep saying "Just look at our team. Look at their team."

Last edited:
Sounds like Jay-Z is on his way to the PNW with Robbie to finalize the negotiations.

Need to see that ink on paper to believe anything.

Edit: Wrong thread. Still good here though.

Last edited:
Ok wait, someone explain. Cano asked for 10 years, 240 mil. M's are offering 230 or 200?

not so fast, ken:

6:45pm: The Mariners are "about to offer" Cano a nine-year, $225MM deal, CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports. Heyman indicates that Seattle is bidding $225MM to stay $50MM ahead of the Yankees, whose don't want to top $175MM.

Yankees said 175 was their max but then said today that they would make one last offer. Obviously it'll be over 175.

I lived in Seattle, there's no Dominicans or Puerto Ricans there papi. I don't think he's going

Go 7 / $200... Exactly where we should have been at all times....

7 / $200 vs. 9 / $225...

NY vs. Seattle

Putting together a roster to contend now vs. Roster that with Cano still is 3rd place

Home vs. Furthest you can get from home

Yankees will tell him 7 for 190 and a player option for 1 more year at 20 million.

:rofl:

Bk I'm dyin over here , best one yet :lol:

:lol: I forgot you work nights man. Figured you'd get a kick outta that.

Go 7 / $200... Exactly where we should have been at all times....

7 / $200 vs. 9 / $225...

NY vs. Seattle

Putting together a roster to contend now vs. Roster that with Cano still is 3rd place

Home vs. Furthest you can get from home

No doubt Robbie can cover his "losses" on that extra $25M Seattle is offering via endorsement deals.

He's gone... No confirmation of it, but it's 100% looking that way.

The sheer and utter incompetence of this ******g Front Office is baffling...

Now we have $253million spent this offseason and we'll lose more games next season... A quarter of a billion dollars.. To make the team worse. Yet we couldn't spare 3-4mil more a year.

Because that $170m number was rock solid, as if no other team was going to bid.. We could have spent $3-4mil a year more and kept him... BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO We give $153mil to Ellsbury, but can't give $200mil to our own guy.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope I eat my words here.. But right now it isn't looking that way.

Edit:
Jose Cano, Robinson's dad, tells Daily News: "The Yankees don't seem to want him."

Cano's dad was irked by Cashman's comments, saying Cano "loved" money. Jose asked, "Who doesn't love money?"

Pack it up.

Last edited:
Cash is a moron...Hal said all the right things, and yet Cash always seems to screw up.

But I really can't see why they can't do 8 yrs/200. It's a reasonable deal for both parties. Yankees keep their star homegrown player and Cano doesn't disappear as a nobody in Seattle when his power is zapped and no endorsements are making its way to the Northwest.

Eh, I lean towards the front office side of how this is playing out. Cano doesn't come out looking good at all to me. Neither does Jay. Even if he gets his 10 years.

Cano's dad also said they've wanted 10 years from the start knowing full well the Yankees were adamant on no double digits. The Yankees don't seem to want him because it doesn't seem like Cano wants the Yankees.

They said it best when they compared it to Jeter's negotiations. Jeter hated the front office but wanted to be a Yankee forever. That's why he took less money. Cano should have budged a bit.

Cano's side has been completely unreasonable throughout this entire process. Going all the way back to when he fired Boras. I'm not gonna dump on Ellsbury's deal because Cano leaves. If they were reasonable from the start, they'd both be in pinstripes right now. If that's why he's so upset, then so be it.

But that's just me.

Last edited:
Two perks: Washington state one of the seven with no income tax.

New market with Starbucks, software, etc.

Side note: Cano's camp seemed to feel snubbed by the money paid out to Ells more so than McCann.

Two negatives: His father apparently wanted to remain in NYC.

Park in Seattle will diminish his numbers, even slightly.

Nightlife if that matters.

$225M is equivalent to like $240M in Washington state.

Arencibia close to a deal with Texas. Could be a shrewd move. They've missed Napoli's pop.

Two perks: Washington state one of the seven with no income tax.

New market with Starbucks, software, etc.

Side note: Cano's camp seemed to feel snubbed by the money paid out to Ells more so than McCann.

Two negatives: His father apparently wanted to remain in NYC.

Park in Seattle will diminish his numbers, even slightly.

Nightlife if that matters.

Cano isn't that big of a star to carry it himself though (marketing wise). Add another player, then sure.

Nightlife is a big deal for him, dude is ALWAYS at the clubs and **** :lol:

Sounding like Jay ****** it up anyway, so we'll see.

Last edited:
Mark Feinsand just reported that Jay said at the last minute, we want 10/252. Mariners owner flipped out and said we're out of it.

Like I said, I think this is just to try to get the Yankees to raise the price.

Back
Top Bottom