2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Eh, I lean towards the front office side of how this is playing out. Cano doesn't come out looking good at all to me. Neither does Jay. Even if he gets his 10 years.

Cano's dad also said they've wanted 10 years from the start knowing full well the Yankees were adamant on no double digits. The Yankees don't seem to want him because it doesn't seem like Cano wants the Yankees.

They said it best when they compared it to Jeter's negotiations. Jeter hated the front office but wanted to be a Yankee forever. That's why he took less money. Cano should have budged a bit.

Cano's side has been completely unreasonable throughout this entire process. Going all the way back to when he fired Boras. I'm not gonna dump on Ellsbury's deal because Cano leaves. If they were reasonable from the start, they'd both be in pinstripes right now. If that's why he's so upset, then so be it.

But that's just me.

QFT

I kinda do too :lol:

It's his own fault though IMO.

If he would have stuck with Boras, you think he's in this situation?

He's either in Pinstripes now or there's no negotiations. There'd be a figure to meet and that'd be that.

As much as I don't like him, this kinda ethical conundrum would never happen with Boras.

Boras would have had the deal done already. Yankees wouldn't be bullying Cano if he had Boras

I don't think Mariners are out of it by a long shot... I think they'll eventually come back to the table...

Yankees need to just go 7 year / $175mil... And give him an 8th year buyout + team option. Get it around $200mil, $180-$185 guaranteed.. Get this over with..

I truly get not wanting to pay Cano $225mil, or $250mil, or give him 10 years... But 1. Without him, we spent a quarter of a billion on McCann and Ellsbury for 3rd place. 2. He's a NYY product, he's our guy. 3. Ellsbury contract in comparison matters (7 year / $153 does matter)... 4. He is the best at his position by a long shot. 5. He's durable. 6. At least 4 of those years will be great production, even if he plays like ****, he'll produce more than any other 2B.

Last edited:
@JonHeymanCBS
#yankees getting closer to deal with kuroda. not quite done but should be about $16M, 1 yr

Yankees putting focus onto Beltran and Choo after Kuroda.

Yes on Beltran... No on Choo.... Why not Nelson Cruz? He's going to get a couple mil less a year than Beltran, only 32, is going to be a 3 year deal, and he's a RH bat that we need.

If we were to get Beltran, it would mean that Soriano goes back to left, Gardner to right, Beltran DH.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT FORGET THAT WE NEED CANO REGARDLESS OF ALL THESE SIGNINGS.

Pass on Cruz. Even without the PED suspension, bad decline these last three years plus a bad injury history. If I'm doling out money like that, I'd much rather go 3 years with Beltran.

From what it sounds like though, he's not an option. He's already "way down the road" with another team.

Pass on Cruz. Even without the PED suspension, bad decline these last three years plus a bad injury history. If I'm doling out money like that, I'd much rather go 3 years with Beltran.

From what it sounds like though, he's not an option. He's already "way down the road" with another team.

We restarted talks with Beltran..

If we strike out on Beltran..

I'd much rather roll the dice on Cruz than with Choo who will want 3-4more years than Cruz wants.

Last edited:
This was from Marchand earlier so not sure if there's anything new:

AndrewMarchand Andrew Marchand
If Yanks wanted to turn back to Beltran, it doesn't look good. Told he is "down the road" with another club. Source didn't know which team.

I'd rather pass on both :lol:

This was from Marchand earlier so not sure if there's anything new:

AndrewMarchand Andrew Marchand
If Yanks wanted to turn back to Beltran, it doesn't look good. Told he is "down the road" with another club. Source didn't know which team.

I'd rather pass on both :lol:

Didn't see that tweet...

If we get Choo :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BUM

I would rather pay Cano 250 than sign Choo for more than 13 mil.

I'm shocked Kuroda came back. They said he hates baseball and after the way he finished last year, I thought he would be done.

Back
Top Bottom