2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Nice job on the spreadsheet. But if A-Rod wins his appeal or even gets his suspension reduced to he plays some of the season their $189 mil plan is done. And I think if Pineda comes back healthy they'd have him penciled in the starting rotation.

Last edited:
Nice job on the spreadsheet. But if A-Rod wins his appeal or even gets his suspension reduced to he plays some of the season their $189 mil plan is done. And I think if Pineda comes back healthy they'd have him penciled in the starting rotation

We're all assuming he will be done for the season

At this point, might as well hope he isn't :lol: It is too much fun watching his antics.. If they would just make a damn decision on him.

Pineda.. I envision him being #5.. But that's a BIG IF on health... As for Tanaka.. We can't just wait for him because if we can't get him.. We'll have HUGE holes in the rotation.. We have to get someone, even before we make a decision on Tanaka or pursue Tanaka. Garza is best/cheapest option based on the best pitchers available.

Last edited:
I am glad that Beltran is back in NY. Even though it's Yankees. :lol: Beltran will always be one of my top 5 favorite baseball players. Beltran is a perfect mentor to Ellsbury.

i think the biggest priority right now should be starting pitching... get it through trades or free agency because nova and cc is not enough especially in the playoffs

We're all assuming he will be..

At this point, might as well hope he isn't
laugh.gif
It is too much fun watching his antics.. If they would just make a damn decision on him.

Now the list is:
1. Matt Garza
2. Boone Logan
3. Mark Reynolds
4. Masahiro Tanaka
5. Omar Infante
What about any trades? I know that they don't wanna trade Gardner but he could give them a middle to back end of the rotation starter. And I thought I heard Eric Chavez was on their list instead of Reynolds.

We're all assuming he will be..

At this point, might as well hope he isn't :lol: It is too much fun watching his antics.. If they would just make a damn decision on him.

Now the list is:

1. Matt Garza

2. Boone Logan

3. Mark Reynolds

4. Masahiro Tanaka

5. Omar Infante

What about any trades? I know that they don't wanna trade Gardner but he could give them a middle to back end of the rotation starter. And I thought I heard Eric Chavez was on their list instead of Reynolds.

Not a smart thing to trade Gardner... Great fielder in Left (and only LF :lol: ) .. A lot of speed.. Will create plenty of opportunity for Ellsbury and Jeter hitting after him as you go from 9 to 1.. Not worth trading Gardner and then having Ichiro play everyday, who was awful hitting last year :frown: ... Now if you wanted to trade Ichiro and a combo of Young Bullpen Prospect/OF prospect/Catching Prospect (not Sanchez) for a Middle of the Rotation Starter.. Then I'm talking.

And I like Reynolds better than Chavez.. Although we know I love Chavez.. Because Reynolds is a RH bat...

Last edited:
SF Giants writers are talking about Ichiro for Scutaro...

Scutaro can hit for contact.. BUT **** NO..

I don't want to watch 3 HRs 30 RBIs from a position we just lost our Franchise Guy who hit 30HR 100RBIs and same Average.

SF Giants writers are talking about Ichiro for Scutaro...

Scutaro can hit for contact.. BUT **** NO..

I don't want to watch 3 HRs 30 RBIs from a position we just lost our Franchise Guy who hit 30HR 100RBIs and same Average.

:lol: how many 2B hit 30/100? Not many

its laughable to think cano got that contract thank god it wasnt the yanks who gave him that... im glad yanks learned from their arod mistakes

I loved Cano. I would have loved to see him stay a Yankee.

But I'm tired of this team giving out decade long contracts and regretting it after a few years. That's got to stop at some point. And it sucks, but hell.. that money and that security is insane so I'm not mad at Cano and I'm glad the Yankees didn't cave.

I'll miss him, but I'm okay with it.

Man if only Cano wanted to win... This lineup would run through the entire AL.

Really hope we look to try and deal Ichiro, clear out our Catching Prospects (except Sanchez), maybe look to trade Mason Williams (who now looks like he's expendable with Ellsbury signing) to get a 2 or a 3 Starter.

It is the only way we can get to 189.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom