*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

Jason Jones out for the season. Willie Young will now be the starter and it could be much worst, he's played very well for us so far this year. Wouldn't mind trying to sign LJ back for depth tho.

Melton out for the season Bear fans

Yup bring LoJack back

Jason Jones out for the season. Willie Young will now be the starter and it could be much worst, he's played very well for us so far this year. Wouldn't mind trying to sign LJ back for depth tho.

Melton out for the season Bear fans

I would be happy if they bring Jackson back. But I am excited to see Young get more playing time. Think he is going to beast. Ansah looked good this week as well.

Lions need to package Pettigrew and Leshoure in a trade for something. Neither guy is doing anything at this point.

Matt Stafford has now completed 48 starts as a pro QB--the equivalent of three full seasons. Stafford's 1st 48 games compare favorably to Peyton Manning:

Stafford--60.0%; 13,827 yds; 6.97 avg; 86 TD passes; 56 INTs; 83.8 QB rtg; 7 rushing TDs

Manning--60.4%; 12,287 yds; 7.32 avg; 85 TD passes; 58 INTs; 85.5 QB rtg; 3 rushing TDs

He only puts up number because he throws so much though

Last edited:
average QB is being sacked on 6.50% of dropbacks while MS is at 2.38%. This difference means 5 less sacks for the Lions than average thru 3 games which is kind of a big deal. I think this is due to Matt Stafford's release but obviously this is just my opinion

Yea you put up big numbers when you throw 41 times per game.

(Peyton averaged 34.5 per game in his first 3 seasons.)

And before someone mentions Calvin Johnson Peyton Manning had Marshall Faulk and Edge James at RB and Marvin Harrison.

Matt Stafford had Calvin Johnson and Calvin Johnson.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
#Bears injury report: Tillman (knee/groin) and McManis (quad) did not participate. Zack Bowman (knee) was limited.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
#Lions injury report: S Louis Delmas (knee), WR Calvin Johnson (knee) G Rob Sims (shoulder) did not participate.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
#Lions RB Reggie Bush (knee) had full participation so expectation is he plays in Sunday's game

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Nate Burleson surgery done and he hopes to play November at latest. Plans to be on sidelines with teammates Sunday after breaking arm

Week Four Pittsburgh Steelers Scouting Report

View media item 591627
By: Aj Mansour | KFAN.com
@AjKFAN

Minneapolis, MN - Currently sitting at 0-3 on the season, the Minnesota Vikings have boarded their plane are currently set up about thirty miles outside of London, England as they continue preparations for their week four matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

All-time, these two squads have squared off 15 times with the Vikings holding the slight 8-7 advantage. However, the Steelers have won the most recent three match ups. Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder has never faced the Steelers while Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger is 1-0 all-time against the purple (18-3 in 2005).

Both team look very different since their last matchup in 2005 including new coaches on each of the sidelines.

SO FAR THIS SEASON:

Both the Steelers and the Vikings will head into Wembley stadium on Sunday winless. Not exactly the international showcase that the NFL was hoping for when they scheduled this meeting last year. Still, both teams seem to have a decent following and enough talent to make this an interesting game.
Week one saw the Steelers drop a stinker 16-9 to Jake Locker and the Tennessee Titans. Week two took Pittsburgh on the road to Cincinnati where the Bengals walked away with the 20-10 victory. Finally, week three brought the Steelers home where they were blow out 40-23 at the hands of the Chicago Bears.

STEELERS OFFENSE:

Marred by turnovers, the Steelers offense has been their own worst enemy this season. With four interceptions thrown and five fumbles lost, the Steelers have been shooting themselves in the foot most of the way.

"We've turned the ball over," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told me Wednesday afternoon. "Particularly in the red area. Obviously that takes points off the board and people have scored directly as a result of some of those turnovers, putting points directly on the board. You can't do that in the NFL and expect to be much better than 0-3. That's the reality of it."

Ben Roethlisberger is the one of the few players left over from the Steelers' 2008 Super Bowl victory and is still firmly established as the leader of this team. While the support system around him is a shell of its former self, Roethlisberger still ranks 9th through three games with 858 yards passing, but his four touchdown passes is far below the league leaders.

Roethlisberger is still a fairly mobile quarterback, known to be one of the shiftiest in the league, but offensive line problems couple with a revolving door at RB have left Big Ben on his back far too often. Only three quarterbacks (Eli Manning, Michael Vick and Ryan Tannehill) have been sacked more than Roethlisberger's 10 times.

Last week, tight end Heath Miller returned to the field and this week, Ben and the Steelers get another weapon as rookie running back Le'Veon Bell returns to the field have missed the first three games of the year with a foot injury. Bell, the Steelers 2nd round draft pick in the 2013 draft, is expected to give Pittsburgh a ground attack that has been lacking early this year.

"We drafted him where we drafted him for obvious reasons," Tomlin said of Bell's potential. "We think he's got talent, we think he can help us and he just needs to go out and do what he's capable of doing."

2013 Offensive Statistics (ranking)
Takeaway Diff: -9 (31st)
Passing Yards/g: 258 (10th)
Rushing Yards/g: 51 yards (31st)
Points Per Game: 14 ppg (30th)

STEELERS DEFENSE:

While the 2013 Steelers defense is a shell of the "Steel Curtain" they are not half bad. It's a stout passing game with a weakness against the run that may deem favorable for the Vikings and their heavy ground game.

Under the guise of **** LeBeau's 3-4 scheme, the Steelers have held stout despite their offense not giving them much help.

Strong safety Troy Polamalu remains the most notable name on the Steelers defense but his 12 tackles and zero interceptions have left a little to be desired. Such is the story for most of the Steelers defenders. They are not flashy (zero turnovers forced, three total sacks) but they get the job done.

2013 Defensive Statistics (rankings)
Yards Per Game: 298 yards (5th)
Passing Yards/g: 182.7 ypg (3rd)
Rushing Yards/g: 115.3 ypg (22nd)
Points Allowed: 25.3 ppg (21st)
Takeaways: 0 (32nd)

Aj Mansour covers Minnesota Sports for KFAN.com. Feel free to leave comments and questions regarding this post in the space provided below. For Vikings updates and breaking Vikings news, follow Aj on Twitter. @AjKFAN

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=11685157#ixzz2fwelH8Nf

You actually want Manziel in a Viking uniform? I understand anything would be better than what you have now, but do you think he's an ideal QB that's capable of providing real success to the Vikings? Or is just a by projecting where you think you'll fall in the draft he'll be the best available type deal.

Last edited:
I don't think he's the best QB by any means, but let me ask first.

What is it you don't like about him?

Throughout the off-season I wasn't sure if I liked him or disliked him. Not by his game but who he is as a player. The media pounced on him and it irritated me making me giving him the benefit of the doubt. So as the season started I analyzed his character more than anything to see which side I take. Thus far he has me leaning towards the side of me not liking him. Everything has gotten to his head and he has formed an annoying type cockiness/ego. Rubbing his fingers with money after his first touchdown back against Rice. He acts like he's only one to ever receive "illegal" benefits while in college. Nope, he's on a long list he isn't special. Receiving a taunting call by getting into the defenders face after running in a touchdown against Rice. Although I'm speculating, why would the Rice defender instigate the trash talk. They were getting beat down and they were lying downwhich leads me to beleive Manziel was just being a cocky douche. I get that an ego may be warranted when you're a young kid who won the Heisman as a Freshman but in the grand scheme of things, assuming he wants to become a succesful pro, he hasn't accplished ****. After his first and only great year he sure does act like he's done it all though. There's a long road ahead of him and given the way he's acting now I foresee a road of disappointment. But...I'm only leaning. He's young, has time to learn, mature, and get it together for me to still end up liking him. He can ball and is fun to watch. Although I don't necessarily think it will all transfer to the professional level.

Basically to sum it all up, you wouldn't see any of the QBs in the NFL today that you would reallly want on your team acting the way he currently does if they were in the same position .

This thread fell off...

Stupid Bears fans. "Oh, Cutler has changed and matured." Fool you once, shame on them. Fool you twice...thrice...shame on you! Don't be so foolish as to think this year is any different. The collapse awaits...

And then there's the Lions...

All this excitement over Reggie Bush. Ha! What good is he when he misses every other game due to an injury? Now Burleson is down and it's only a matter of time until Stafford implodes because he's locking in on only Calvin. A couple teams smack them in the mouth and their confidence is gone and the downward spiral begins. Later, Schwartz!

Packers? Pssh...All this A-God nonsense. Guy is a regular schmo who whines when he doesn't get his way. Dummies gameplanned Kaepernick *** backwards. Blowing that lead in Cincy. :smh: Pathetic. This team is not SB worthy.

Hopefully that rights the path...

We mostly liked mocking and clowning you guys.

Now your bum *** team is being what we knew they were we don't care.

How the **** you lose to Browns at home? :smh:

651 & JPZ, how has Xavier Rhodes been playing?

Pretty good when he's given the chance. They refuse to give him a spot on the right side despite the injuries to Cook and Jefferson. They also only want him playing in Nickel packages. It's whatever, I guess.

From PFF:

25. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Minnesota Vikings
Grade: +2.2
Snaps: 162
Analysis: Not quite worked his way into the lineup as an every down player but has more than held his own enough that you wouldn’t expect it too long before he does. Allowed just 7-of-13 balls into his coverage at 6.6 yards per catch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom