*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

What's sad is I thnk the Bears and Green Bay lose next week and we win.

But I also think we lose in Minnesota. :smh:

I put this on Stafford. Play calls be damned since that Cowboy game he's made horrible decisions.

I don't want to hear about bad mechanics and side arm delivery he's throwing the ball to the other team.

Pipe down, Bears fans. 
laugh.gif

Better hope Nick Foles doesn't get up in that sorry defense of yours next week and if yall survive that one Rodgers gonna come in and have a 2010 repeat. 
pimp.gif

went to the game last night, had some questionable PI calls, but at the end of the day Calvin has to catch those 2 passes, and stafford has to eliminate turnovers. frustrating... schwartz gone at the end of the year

Maybe but nows not the time to play with that... Lions opened the door last night... We need to walk through it with Rodgers... Getting in is priority #1 and thats a guarantee if we win 2 games.

Maybe but nows not the time to play with that... Lions opened the door last night... We need to walk through it with Rodgers... Getting in is priority #1 and thats a guarantee if we win 2 games.

True that... hopefully he'll be ready to go and close the deal on these last two games.
yup. Rodgers also needs to play a few games to get the feel of things, get his rhythm back. Don't want him to be rusty against a strong playoff team

Second time in recent weeks I've heard someone close to the LIons say the coaching staff doesn't hold Stafford accountable and that's why he's not getting better.

I think the Bears lose Sunday, the Lions win, and Green Bay loses Rodgers or not after that who knows.

Wouldn't shock at all if the Lions lose to the Giants or Vikings especially the Vikings.

Last edited:
So after all that you're predicting the Lions will be right back on top after this week... Heh, heh heh...

Hahahahaha

Last edited:
Second time in recent weeks I've heard someone close to the LIons say the coaching staff doesn't hold Stafford accountable and that's why he's not getting better.

I think the Bears lose Sunday, the Lions win, and Green Bay loses Rodgers or not after that who knows.

Wouldn't shock at all if the Lions lose to the Giants or Vikings especially the Vikings.
I think Stafford isn't getting better because he can't. After 5 years this is what he is, 1 good game, 1 bad game.

^^He's only 25 man, its still too early to determine what kind of QB he is, especially if he gets with a good coach and offensive coordinator. He was the #1 pick on the worst team ever void of any real talent, missed most of his 2nd year, had a standout 3rd year, was average last year, and this year he was pretty damn good in the first half and has been terrible the 2nd half. The potential is still there but he needs to be coached up and be held accountable.

^^He's only 25 man, its still too early to determine what kind of QB he is, especially if he gets with a good coach and offensive coordinator. He was the #1 pick on the worst team ever void of any real talent, missed most of his 2nd year, had a standout 3rd year, was average last year, and this year he was pretty damn good in the first half and has been terrible the 2nd half. The potential is still there but he needs to be coached up and be held accountable.
He may only 25 but he's been around. How many really good qbs take this long to develop? He's never going to be Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc. He's not going to be an elite qb regardless of where he was taken in the draft.

He may only 25 but he's been around. How many really good qbs take this long to develop? He's never going to be Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc. He's not going to be an elite qb regardless of where he was taken in the draft.

Naw dude has basically played three years and is 25.

I'm not writing him off until a real coaching staff comes along and he still sucks.

This season is turning out in the worse way possible. There is still a very real chance we back into the playoffs and this bum *** coaching staff gets to keep their jobs. Even if its only for another year we have to get a new coach ASAP.

Last edited:
I will still give Stafford the benefit of the doubt. I agree %100 agree he's been poorly coached. I'm sure it goes deeper than just Scwartz with regards to coaching and progressing Staffords QB abilities but I've said all along someone needs to put the foot down with Stafford with his technique and not allow him to go wild. I've said all along he needs to cut that side arm crap out. He isn't improvising, he's being lazy with his mechanics and no one has corrected it. Matt Stafford was throwing side arm balls in the PRE-GAME WARMUPS. Exactly what I'm talking about. What was the one play above the rest that cost them last nights game? That 4 yard side arm throw into the middle of the field. I also saw him miss Bush on an open flat throwing it side arm. Wasnt improvising, no one in his grill, just threw it like that for the hell of it and missed a wide open flat route. Now think about if that's cut out and he's coached to improve what he's already good at. He still has so much time with his youth. There's no way you can say right now he will never end up being a stud and start categorizing him with other QB's. But for now Lions fans better hope the coaching situation is dealt with. Regardless if you make the playoffs Schwartz should be fired. This goes deeper than a collapse or grtting just a playoff birth. A potential star quarterbacks growth will be stunted to ever make it past just a playoff birth.

Last edited:
So after all that you're predicting the Lions will be right back on top after this week... Heh, heh heh...

Hahahahaha

^, repped for keeping it 100%

The Bears have the worst run defense I've maybe ever seen and they play Philly on the road. If Jay Cutler wasn't starting I'd be worried. He's going to make just enough mistakes for the Bears to lose.

I think the Steelers are playing the best they have all season. I don't think Rodgers is playing this week unless that scan says he's and bones don't magically heal in a week.

If Rodgers plays it might be a wrap but I can see the Steelers knocking him out the game.

The only reason I think the Lions are going to win is the one team in the NFL playing worse than this team is the New York Giants.

If we were playing any type of halfway decent team I think we'd lose.

Last edited:
I will still give Stafford the benefit of the doubt. I agree %100 agree he's been poorly coached. I'm sure it goes deeper than just Scwartz with regards to coaching and progressing Staffords QB abilities but I've said all along someone needs to put the foot down with Stafford with his technique and not allow him to go wild. I've said all along he needs to cut that side arm crap out. He isn't improvising, he's being lazy with his mechanics and no one has corrected it. Matt Stafford was throwing side arm balls in the PRE-GAME WARMUPS. Exactly what I'm talking about. What was the one play above the rest that cost them last nights game? That 4 yard side arm throw into the middle of the field. I also saw him miss Bush on an open flat throwing it side arm. Wasnt improvising, no one in his grill, just threw it like that for the hell of it and missed a wide open flat route. Now think about if that's cut out and he's coached to improve what he's already good at. He still has so much time with his youth. There's no way you can say right now he will never end up being a stud and start categorizing him with other QB's. But for now Lions fans better hope the coaching situation is dealt with. Regardless if you make the playoffs Schwartz should be fired. This goes deeper than a collapse or grtting just a playoff birth. A potential star quarterbacks growth will be stunted to ever make it past just a playoff birth.

View media item 699104

Regardless of coaching there's a ceiling on him like anyone else. He's never been accurate, that's not going to change.

How do you know where his ceiling is when he's only 25. Rodgers didn't even start until he was 26. And since when is there a standard as to what someones ceiling is as if any given player can be only be "this" good. Peyton Manning threw 81 interceptions his first 4 years in the league and became one of the most accurate passers of all time. Did you say he too, was never gonna be accurate and had a ceiling like everyone else.

Last edited:
Drew Brees wasn't accurate early in his career either.

I don't think there is a better job available next year for a coach.

How do you know where his ceiling is when he's only 25. Rodgers didn't even start until he was 26. And since when is there a standard as to what someones ceiling is as if any given player can be only be "this" good. Peyton Manning threw 81 interceptions his first 4 years in the league and became one of the most accurate passers of all time. Did you say he too, was never gonna be accurate and had a ceiling like everyone else.

everyone has a ceiling. how do you figure there isnt one? For example Chris Durham will never be as good as CJ regardless of the amount or quality of coaching he receives. And look Peyton's completion percentage. Stafford has cracked 60 once.

everyone has a ceiling. how do you figure there isnt one? For example Chris Durham will never be as good as CJ regardless of the amount or quality of coaching he receives. And look Peyton's completion percentage. Stafford has cracked 60 once.

I'll care more about his percentage when we stop leading the league in percentage of catchable balls dropped.

Stafford will never be Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or emm Drew Brees.

I don't know why he can't be the right below them tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom