2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Idk, I'm so done with the "hey, let's get another QB to fight for a starting spot to motivate our other starting QB" approach. Just stick with a kid and develop him, it seems to work wonders if teams are patient. The constant flux is annoying and ultimately we'll get nowhere with it.
It was clear Sanchez was done, I think that one of the biggest mistakes they made with Sanchez was not getting a vet that was a threat to him being benched. Brunell was a joke.

I wouldn't be surprised if they also drafted a QB in the later rounds too.
I knew Sanchez was done early on. I think the bigger mistake was the constant change of the OC. With a young QB you have to establish stability and a belief in your young QB. They jerked him around too much.

I still think Sanchez will be a more than capable QB once he has some stability. They ruined him early here.
I'm a Sanchez supporter. I'll always will be. That quote is true....

I can go on and on but I won't.

Best of luck to him. I think it's time I find another .gif eh?

Anyone can make me one? LOL

I still think Sanchez will be a more than capable QB once he has some stability. They ruined him early here.
I'm a Sanchez supporter. I'll always will be. That quote is true....

I can go on and on but I won't.

Best of luck to him. I think it's time I find another .gif eh?

Anyone can make me one? LOL
I think he'll be fine 
laugh.gif

@MMehtaNYDN: Michael Vick: "I think it's open competition every day....As of right now, Geno is the starting QB for this football team" #nyj

craig carton's moronic *** will have the other moronic jet fans calling for vick to start by monday morning ...

and he's gonna want #7 ....

i dont like this one bit .....

@MMehtaNYDN: Michael Vick: "I think it's open competition every day....As of right now, Geno is the starting QB for this football team" #nyj
He has to say that. It's the "right" thing to say

Over/Under: Vick starts week 8?
Under. Week 1 
laugh.gif

He's a veteran, he will still make mistakes, but just not rookie mistakes like Geno still might make, he still is more of a mobile threat (even more so valuable in this aspect since our run game isn't that great), Rex never really outright called Geno the QB of the team. He took it week by week, I suppose he knew going into this offseason they'd explore other QB options, so I guess he was softening the blow for Geno all of last season. 

First time near my computer since yesterday morning, so I'm playing catch up to the news.

Sanchez

Never can I remember a HC outright making a statement soon after a QB/player was released. Classy on Rex's part for the kind words he said about Mark.

I don't hate Sanchez the guy, I just hated his play (I think that was the case for most of us). I wish him success in the league should he be signed, just not against us. 2009-10 will be remembered dearly, that's for sure. The end result was all for naught, but those were damn good times with him at the helm.

Possible landing spots? I'm thinking Cardinals, Rams, 9ers (Kaep still starting though), or even the Vikings.

Vick

I'm very indifferent about this. If the CS and FO have any inclination of Geno being this times QB of the future, IMO they don't even make it a competition. Sure, tell Geno he is on a short leash with Vick waiting, but make it Geno's job to lose outright. Involve Vick in the offense though on occasion, which sounds kind of contradicting on my part, but if he stays healthy I think he can be serviceable. And at 1 yr $5M, it was a no-brainer move.

As far as his past with the dogs goes, it was a very bad look on his end, but the man did his time and it appears he's learned from it.

Now you say **** it, and go ahead and try and get D-Jax :pimp: .

Training Camp will be interesting, as it always is.

Last edited:
Reactions: uno
^ Well said and I agree. I still feel bad for Mark, but I think he'll be alright. I remember when I geeked out (just a little bit) trying to shake his hand when he came to my store 
laugh.gif

Yea me too I hope we land djax what really grinds my gears is how media and jets fans are still giving Vick ish for the dog situation look I'm the biggest dog over and against dog abuse but Vick did his time and served and did a ton for the community once he was home, he finally got his life back on track and people wanna give him crap but any athlete beats up his wife he's easily forgiven? Please explain to me

I'm so tired of Rex not committing to a QB. When is he going to learn that this doesn't help anyone? Rex is my guy but come on man, didn't you learn from what JUST happened? Him saying what he said about Geno only is showing me that he wants to start Vick. He's still excited about the possibility of Vick and what he can do, even at his age. If Vick was a different type of QB, I'd be more excited. But he runs-and gets hit....repeatedly. He's going to get hurt. I have a gut feeling Vick will wind up starting week 1. He'll do ok, then will get popped and be hurt at some point. This won't be good for Geno because he wouldn't have been working with the first team. Which will possibly lead us back to where we were with Mark. A young QB without any stability. How are our QB's ever going to get good if we keep jerking them around like this? QB play is everything nowadays. 
mean.gif

Mark had plenty of stability please, get the **** out of here with that. Dude was handed the reigns from the jump he was just trash juice.

Geno sucked mostly last year we needed to bring in a QB that could start if he doesn't make any improvements. Vick can do that. If you are good, you win the job period just like Foles did last year. Enough of this coddling ********, go win the job and end the controversy Geno. If he isn't awful it's going to be his job. He is the future the one we are banking on. But once again, he sucked last year so we have to make sure we cover our ***** somewhat which is where Vick comes in.

Mark had plenty of stability please, get the **** out of here with that. Dude was handed the reigns from the jump he was just trash juice.

Geno sucked mostly last year we needed to bring in a QB that could start if he doesn't make any improvements. Vick can do that. If you are good, you win the job period just like Foles did last year. Enough of this coddling ********, go win the job and end the controversy Geno. If he isn't awful it's going to be his job. He is the future the one we are banking on. But once again, he sucked last year so we have to make sure we cover our ***** somewhat which is where Vick comes in.
1. Had #1 run game in the league, it worked. What did management do? Ruin it. That helped him tremendously and masked his deficiencies as a young QB. They did a poor job maintaining it. That was the teams identity and they went away from it.

2. After they didn't replace the run game, and replaced it with a less effective run attack, they ran the ball for three quarters most games. It didn't produce a lot of points. Then, when they couldn't put up points, they threw the ball in the 4th quarter to try and catch up-with a subpar WR corp. Schottenheimer telling him they're going to throw, then they run most of the game. 

3. He wasn't given any type of weapons outside of what he had in year 1 and 2. Things went sideways. How do you not at least replace what you had, then add WR. 

Schottenheimer screwed him up, constantly switching philosophies, then he got two new OC's in consecutive years. Don't tell me he had enough time to develop and had stability. If you never liked Sanchez at all, then say it outright. That's cool, but don't sit here and act like it was completely on him. 

If you want a comparable sitaution. Look at Eli Manning. The Giants knew to stick to their plan and stick with him-faults and all. I never liked Eli since college, but he's an example of what happens when management believes in you and helps you as a young QB. Giants fans wanted his head on a stick when he started out too, now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread to them 
laugh.gif

Mark Sanchez was trash juice from his USC days like 99% of USC quarterbacks. He was weak-armed and inaccurate. He rode an awesome defense and a really good run game for those first years to being amazingly mediocre. Once the running game aged and got older (it happens, nothing you can do) and we asked him to be a little more than a game manager, he was completely unable to that.

He was the unquestionable starter from the second he was on our team. How is that not enough stability. He sucked. Period. Literally all of his stats back this up. He never completed even 57 percent of his passes in a season. And spare me with the he never had weapons, if he had an awesome run game, he should have plenty of oppourtinities to show out.

You sounding like a hurt ex-lover. Go into the NFL thread and ask people what they think of Mark Sanchez? There is a reason dude is about to be a 3rd string QB and no one even considered taking a chance on him again as a starter. TRASHHHHHHHH

Mark Sanchez was trash juice from his USC days like 99% of USC quarterbacks. He was weak-armed and inaccurate. He rode an awesome defense and a really good run game for those first years to being amazingly mediocre. Once the running game aged and got older (it happens, nothing you can do) and we asked him to be a little more than a game manager, he was completely unable to that.

He was the unquestionable starter from the second he was on our team. How is that not enough stability. He sucked. Period. Literally all of his stats back this up. He never completed even 57 percent of his passes in a season. And spare me with the he never had weapons, if he had an awesome run game, he should have plenty of oppourtinities to show out.

You sounding like a hurt ex-lover. Go into the NFL thread and ask people what they think of Mark Sanchez? There is a reason dude is about to be a 3rd string QB and no one even considered taking a chance on him again as a starter. TRASHHHHHHHH
OR you can say, "I don't like Mark Sanchez". It would have saved you so many key strokes. I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying he was the greatest or he would have been elite by any stretch. He got a raw deal, period. Even an elite level QB put in his position would have had struggles until things got right. That's what I'm trying to say. We know what Pete Caroll said about him coming out of college. Still, he was serviceable in the right situation. 

What is with the hurt ex-lover line? Grow up.

Last edited:
Why is everyone ready to give up on Geno/was totally behind Mark Sanchez after they put up basically identical #s in their rookie seasons?

Only difference is Geno threw for more yards and had way worse surrounding talent. Classic case of how draft placement effects perception IMO.

Why is everyone ready to give up on Geno/was totally behind Mark Sanchez after they put up basically identical #s in their rookie seasons?

Only difference is Geno threw for more yards and had way worse surrounding talent. Classic case of how draft placement effects perception IMO.
I'm not ready to give up on Geno. I just see them pressing repeat basically. That's what I don't like. I didn't want Vick for the exact reason what is about to happen. Rex already is starting that competition bullcrap. What a way to help out a still developing second year player. Bring in a vet that the fans still love. If Geno does start, and doesn't look good, the wave of Vick chants will be too loud to ignore because fans still think he's Atlanta VIck, for better or worse. That won't help Geno. Being here, he'll feel the pressure no doubt, will he rise above it and be good, idk, last year didn't necessarily indicate that.

Back
Top Bottom