2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Seahawks drafted Russel Wilson and brought in Matt Flynn, that didn't seem to stunt his development. He went out and won the job. If you are good enough, noe of that **** matters. No team was ever winning anything with Mark Sanchez, he was on loaded teams and couldn't do squat.

I'm not giving up on Geno. I like the kid actually. If Maria was back there last year he would have crombled into pieces but Geno's confience never really wavered which I thought was great. I think he'll win the job and be a starting QB. But at times last year he was god-awful. It would be irresponsible to not go out and get a capabale backup QB. QB's get hurt and Geno sure as hell didn't show enough to be over-the-cop confident that he is the guy of the future. How you **** over a franchise is giving the reigns too long to guys like Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford (maybe even Matt Stafford) who really aren't capable QB's.

Bringing in Vick isn't pressing repeat. Vick was a great teammate in Philly everyone loved him. When Foles won the job there wasn't a peep from him. But Foles did what Geno needs to and that is go out and show that he is capable. You aren't going far when a guy can't even complete 57 percent of his passes. What stopped us from winning a superbowl those years was people thinking Mark was ever going to develop into something instead of going to go get a veteran QB who could have done a much better job.

Ok let me start off by saying I was very much against geno smith at the draft I thought he was over rated and couldn't win that bowl game against Ryan Nissib who did outplay him w that being said I was behind Sanchez too BUT he also did a lot of bone headed things, as a true jets fan Sanchez killed the patriots that game when we weren't supposed to.. I mean Sanchez was designed to fail with the oc change amd the lack of receivers I mean I was sitting at that preseason game saying it was a Blessing in disguise that he got hurt, also my biggest knock on the jets was at the time Sanchez never really had competition at backup the job was handed to him(don't say tebow). But with geno now at the helm they want geno to learn from Vick which is great cuz him and Vick are two different qb Vick runs then throws geno is opposite Vick is here for insurance just in case we bench geno again or Vick gets hurt (which is likely and I saw week 6) again...now my feeling on geno is he blew me away personally he did what he did w crap receivers and was much smarter w the ball unlike sanchez's Achilles heel was he tried to make a play even when it broke down by throwing it to a receiver and not out of bounce for the love of god he couldn't even side correctly(remember they brought in joe Gerardi) ...geno I'm not giving up on he's got a lot of talent and with the right pieces around him and we return to the ground and pound with MJD or cj2k we just need a powerful back and better receivers I swear we are back to where we are in izdik I trust and if we have to watch 5 yrs to be great I will damnit izdik built that seahawks team

Sanchez apologist are the worst man. He did not get a raw deal here he just isn't any good at all. He had the top ranked running game and top ranked defense and when it was time for him to make a play to push us over the top he couldn't do that. If you feel otherwise your just a ******* idiot.

I'm supposed this thread is quiet since the whole ny media is going at desean I hope we get him but I highly doubt it in read somewhere earlier izdik doesn't like him

Sanchez apologist are the worst man. He did not get a raw deal here he just isn't any good at all. He had the top ranked running game and top ranked defense and when it was time for him to make a play to push us over the top he couldn't do that. If you feel otherwise your just a ******* idiot.

QFT

Hey, it's the GM's fault for not making sure he had the best running game and defense in the league though...like what?

QFT

Hey, it's the GM's fault for not making sure he had the best running game and defense in the league though...like what?

You have to accept Sanchez for the kind of QB he is. He's not obviously not the type of QB you give the keys to the offense to and expect him to make something out of nothing. Hell, there's a handful of QB's in the league who can do that let alone expect a seriously debilitating passer as Sanchez to do that.

He's the type of QB that needs a great O-line and a solid run game. Sanchez played his best ball when he had time in the pocket and a run game to get the play-action going. Most QB's in the league fall in the same tier as Sanchez. Those fumbles, turnovers and questionable decisions are all inexcusable though. He was here for 3 + years and should've progressed, but he ended up regressing. Management knew what they had in Sanchez when he was here, and they should've put the pieces around him to excel. I still blame him though. He just didn't have what it takes to make in NY.

Geno Smith is still under question with me. I'm not convinced he's the QB most fans think he is. This upcoming season will be very telling of what he have in Geno Smith. I predict Vick will start at some point next season.

^^^^ I agree Vick will start and by week 5-6. Geno takes over and kills it, it's all about having that insurance for Vick and geno can learn. From him loves this move

doubt we'll get Chris Johnson.

We signed Jacoby Ford.
I always liked him especially in the ST. Most likely will return kicks. Dude is fast. I can see him doing some damage at the slot as well.
Nice, under the radar signing.

They signed Patterson too. Never heard of him but Phins fans like him. He's fragile though

This dude Decker paid Jeff Cumberland $25K and a steak dinner for #87 :lol: .

IDK if Decker is the wrong more, or Cumberland for actually taking the $25K.

They signed Patterson too. Never heard of him but Phins fans like him. He's fragile though

Yeah, battled a groin injury last season. Had 4 INTS in 6 games though before going down.

The Ford signing...time will tell.

Why are people getting excited about Chris Johnson? He's done

Decker is a bonehead....
mean.gif
. I sense foreshadowing with this number incident 
laugh.gif

I just don't get WHY we didn't sign Jackson now. Dude just signed a deal that I know we could've beat and still been good on cap space. I really feel like we let a #1 WR slip through our hands. This draft is SO important for us it's not even funny. Chris Johnson would be a decent signing for a low level 2 year deal. I just wanna see what we do in the draft. We gotta wheel and deal.

Last edited:
I just don't get WHY we didn't sign Jackson now. Dude just signed a deal that I know we could've beat and still been good on cap space. I really feel like we let a #1 WR slip through our hands. This draft is SO important for us it's not even funny. Chris Johnson would be a decent signing for a low level 2 year deal. I just wanna see what we do in the draft. We gotta wheel and deal.

I would think all signs point to us going WR in the 1st round, maybe even the 2nd also. If not, 2nd round TE.

Cannot afford to go CB early again though.

I'm actually happy we didn't sign Desean. I don't know if he's matured enough to not act out, talent and all. Who knows what's going to happen with the Diplomats? Maybe that whole thing blows up in their face and he's right back to where he was this offseason looking for another team.

I would think all signs point to us going WR in the 1st round, maybe even the 2nd also. If not, 2nd round TE.

Cannot afford to go CB early again though.

Unless Mike Evans is there, I think we should trade down or go CB. I don't like Lee very much in the draft.

Unless Mike Evans is there, I think we should trade down or go CB. I don't like Lee very much in the draft.

I agree with this, and god forbid if the Jets draft another TE in the first. :smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom