2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly out 6 weeks? 
mean.gif

How does anyone believe that article?

1) The Lakers had no first round pick that year.

2) They had the 43rd pick from Memphis not the 38th.

Probably Abbott's sources.

It's not hard to get a late first round pick, if the lakers really liked him at that point they could have traded someone/something for a late first rounder

But agreed its a moot point, there's probably so much behind the scenes dirt like this with most teams

Reporter What’s one thing about you that people don’t know that they should know?
I’m a boss. I’m a boss.I just do boss things, move like a boss, talk like a boss, act like a boss. That's about it. -Ed Davis

Ed Davis is Miss Independent?!

Usually make the trip to see the lakers in Atlanta, but this year not even gonna bother going. I've watched every game so far this year and just can not get behind this foolishness they are putting on the floor. I was hoping in watching these games so far this season that something would spark my interest to go, but nothing even close....

Last edited:
Reporter What’s one thing about you that people don’t know that they should know?
I’m a boss. I’m a boss.I just do boss things, move like a boss, talk like a boss, act like a boss. That's about it. -Ed Davis

Ed Davis is Miss Independent?!

great response my friend. you get a rep.

Scottie Pippen and Lamar Odom just got compared.. Scottie Pippen & Lamar Odom..

:smh:

I put this in there for them on Kobe. :wink:

I know this place isn’t for me, and not to ruin anyone’s fun, but just to add actual facts to the discussion, let me leave these here.

Scrub away what Kobe did off the bench as a teenager, and last year (6 games) and this year, and just view Kobe’s career from the day he became a starter, to the day he tore his Achilles, you have 15 years to view.

From 1999 to 2013, 15 full seasons, as a starter, Kobe’s numbers look like this……

In 1,089 GMS
27.4 PPG
5.7 RPG
5.1 APG

In 200 Playoff GMS
27.3 PPG
5.4 RPG
5.1 APG

Shooting?
46% FG%
36% 3%
84% FT%

For 15 seasons. 27/5.5/5. On 46/36/84 percent.

MJ, gave us 11 total seasons, not including Wizards and 18 game broken ankle year and final month comeback year. 11 full seasons as “MJ”
Bron is still 3 years away from 15 years, but pretty clear he will get there, and he will be in 27/6/6 range himself.
Jerry West gave 14 years like that, so he can be considered as likely to have gotten a 15th in there.

Those 2 are it, in terms of comparisons for Kobe. 27/5/5 for a 15 year career is not done, by anyone else, with MJ West, and LeBron being the obvious (would/will be matches)

Factoring in all games played, everything, rookie 18 year old Kobe off the bench, 6 games last year injured Kobe, 36 year old gunner Kobe today, everything, all totaled, combined playoff and regular season, he’s at 1,475 games played, his averages?

25.5 PPG
5.2 RPG
4.7 APG

19 years.

Slice it however you want to slice it, the NBA is almost 70 years old. There are tens of thousands of NBA players in history. There are not more than 2-3 guys in the entire world that have matched that 15 year stretch, ever. The 3 allowable comparisons, are MJ, West and LeBron.

That doesn’t mean Kobe is the 4th greatest of all time, or any of that. Certainly there are a couple Centers that want in on that action. I’m not even using stuff like All NBA voting, or Titles, or anything else, just he, himself, on the floor, like every other player that has played before him, no one else is matching that 15 year stretch. Not Paul Pierce, not Jason Kidd, not Ray Allen, not AI, not Vince, not TMac, not Wade, not Nique, none of them.

When it’s done and said, everything added up, sliced and divided however you want, Kobe has had one of the 7-10 greatest careers in NBA history, not even counting anything vote related (popularity contests) or Team related, just sheer on the court production. He’s easily had one of the best careers in NBA History. So if that’s overrated, then you better have an amazing resume to provide ahead of this one. And after MJ, Bron, and West, you’re gonna have a hard time. :lol:

It's hard to entertain any debate where someone says Kobe isn't Top 10 Greatest of All-Time.

Longevity of his level of play demands him top 10 (as you pointed out) hell even you could point to this year too. Contextualizing what he's doing nearly 2 decades in is amazing. I have him 5th right now.

It's hard to entertain any debate where someone says Kobe isn't Top 10 Greatest of All-Time.

Longevity of his level of play demands him top 10 (as you pointed out) hell even you could point to this year too. Contextualizing what he's doing nearly 2 decades in is amazing. I have him 5th right now.
people are in there calling him voldemort though 
roll.gif

like they think a professional basketball player they have never met is pure evil or something 

not worth your time though, if you post facts to counter their points they just ignore it

You dudes in there arguing with doo, how you not know that? :lol:

I just like the easy work.

I don't entertain him as having any validity in his argument.

I just know where these things are on the internet in a quick search.

Last edited:
it makes sense for ska to feel strongly about kobe because kobe's played for the lakers for 19 years and ska has had to watch the guy playing in a way he doesnt approve of for all this time

i have no idea why there are guys who dont even care about the lakers or watch lakers games typing up essays on how much they hate kobe. why spend so much energy hating someone that doesnt even effect your team?

we have spurs fans creating 42 accounts a year to talk about kobe 
laugh.gif

So you could point to this year, too?

What the...?

So count the productive years, then wipe away the unproductive ones? "As a teenager, he wasn't starting. Doesn't count. This year he's BEASTING; count it!"

Oy vey.

it makes sense for ska to feel strongly about kobe because kobe's played for the lakers for 19 years and ska has had to watch the guy playing in a way he doesnt approve of for all this time

i have no idea why there are guys who dont even care about the lakers or watch lakers games typing up essays on how much they hate kobe. why spend so much energy hating someone that doesnt even effect your team?

laugh.gif
*ska repped*

Nah.

*repped*

Ska, I went 99-13, and then full totals to compare everything. I wasn't picking and choosing just good seasons or anything.

laugh.gif
*ska repped*

Nah.

*repped*
i HATED dwight howard when he played for us, i had my non basketball watching friends thinking he was kwame levels of trash the way i talked about him. but since he's moved to the rockets i dont even hate him that much anymore, he's not on my team so i really dont care 

i dont agree with 89% of what you say about kobe but i understand why something like this really frustrates you

Was just talking to my brother about this the other day.

When you get to talking about guys like Kobe, and Jordan, it's almost simply splitting hairs. I am not a huge Kobe fan, but even top 5 may be too low for him. When you factor everything that he's done in his career, plus longevity, I wouldn't even have a problem if someone were to call him the greatest ever. Same with Jordan, same with Kareem, which is why I think when you talk about the elite of the elite, there probably isn't a greatest of all time. You could make a case for all of those guys. That's why if someone said Jordan is the GOAT, I wouldn't be hot. If someone said Kobe was the GOAT, that isn't blasphemous either. Obviously if someone said Kareem was the GOAT, then by all means that's justified as well.

Its because Kobe and LA are hated by many. Don‘t forget how many franchises and teams were eliminated by LA. Like said, this man‘s downfall was his Denver adulterous fling. Had he been clean, Kobe would‘ve climbed a few more ranks in all types of argument and polls, in so many ways. Dude would‘ve been godly on so many levels. Dude graced the Big n Tasty commercials, was the cleanest dude in the NBA.

Now dude is inked up, talks a lot about Faith and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Was just talking to my brother about this the other day.

When you get to talking about guys like Kobe, and Jordan, it's almost simply splitting hairs. I am not a huge Kobe fan, but even top 5 may be too low for him. When you factor everything that he's done in his career, plus longevity, I wouldn't even have a problem if someone were to call him the greatest ever. Same with Jordan, same with Kareem, which is why I think when you talk about the elite of the elite, there probably isn't a greatest of all time. You could make a case for all of those guys. That's why if someone said Jordan is the GOAT, I wouldn't be hot. If someone said Kobe was the GOAT, that isn't blasphemous either. Obviously if someone said Kareem was the GOAT, then by all means that's justified as well.

Not everyone is as understanding though. The thing is, MJ revolutionized something. MJ is a way bigger icon than Kobe, Magic, Kareem, etc. I think that fame factor is what gives MJ that gap.

Not everyone is as understanding though. The thing is, MJ revolutionized something. MJ is a way bigger icon than Kobe, Magic, Kareem, etc. I think that fame factor is what gives MJ that gap.

"Icon" doesn't really have any merit when you look at the careers of those guys though. Off of purely what they accomplished in Basketball, ALL of those guys could be considered the GOAT that's why it's kind of stupid to say one of those guys is overrated, or that there is in fact a goat when it isn't. They are all the greatest. Sounds like a diplomatic response, but it's the truth.

Like...Why are we even trying to find how KOBE BRYANT is overrated..the thought alone is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom