2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Icon" doesn't really have any merit when you look at the careers of those guys though. Off of purely what they accomplished in Basketball, ALL of those guys could be considered the GOAT that's why it's kind of stupid to say one of those guys is overrated, or that there is in fact a goat when it isn't. They are all the greatest. Sounds like a diplomatic response, but it's the truth.

Like...Why are we even trying to find how KOBE BRYANT is overrated..the thought alone is silly.

Because we should use context and variables when analyzing, at least for me. The simple longetivity factor is one. Sports medicine today and yesterday plays a big role in extending one‘s performance, let a lone shelf life. Such factors play a role in merit comparison for obvious reasons. That is why it is some what unfair in my opinion to just look at statistics, or pure numbers. It‘s better reserved for people whk don‘t really watch the game, much like SAS and anchors who just talk, but never watch the intangibles.

Kinda like how MJ was able to create himself through Nike and that economic boom for the US. Just perfect timing, perfect scenario for himself.

I get what you are saying though.

It's hard to entertain any debate where someone says Kobe isn't Top 10 Greatest of All-Time.

Longevity of his level of play demands him top 10 (as you pointed out) hell even you could point to this year too. Contextualizing what he's doing nearly 2 decades in is amazing. I have him 5th right now.
So you could point to this year, too?

What the...?

So count the productive years, then wipe away the unproductive ones? "As a teenager, he wasn't starting. Doesn't count. This year he's BEASTING; count it!"

Oy vey.

I'm talking in terms of his longevity. It's part of a sentence talking about longevity.

Nick Young to make season debut
Updated: November 18, 2014, 2:26 PM ET
By Baxter Holmes | ESPNLosAngeles.com
217426COMMENTS42EMAILPRINT
ATLANTA -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Nick Young will make his season debut Tuesday night against the Hawks after missing nearly six weeks with a torn ligament in his right thumb, coach Byron Scott said during the team's shootaround.

Young will come off the bench for the 1-9 Lakers, Scott said. He will provide a much-needed scoring boost in the backcourt for a team that has relied heavily and almost solely on Kobe Bryant to provide any sort of offense.

Bryant is leading the league in scoring (27.3 points per game) and field goal attempts (24.4 per game).

Young averaged 17.9 points over 28.3 minutes in 64 appearances for the Lakers last season.

Lakers chances of a W just got a lil better

Last edited:
Nick Young to make season debut
Updated: November 18, 2014, 2:26 PM ET
By Baxter Holmes | ESPNLosAngeles.com
217426COMMENTS42EMAILPRINT
ATLANTA -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Nick Young will make his season debut Tuesday night against the Hawks after missing nearly six weeks with a torn ligament in his right thumb, coach Byron Scott said during the team's shootaround.

Young will come off the bench for the 1-9 Lakers, Scott said. He will provide a much-needed scoring boost in the backcourt for a team that has relied heavily and almost solely on Kobe Bryant to provide any sort of offense.

Bryant is leading the league in scoring (27.3 points per game) and field goal attempts (24.4 per game).

Young averaged 17.9 points over 28.3 minutes in 64 appearances for the Lakers last season.

Lakers chances of a W just got a lil better

:D

Pau....:nthat:

Children's Hosp LA
‏@ChildrensLA
Former LA @Lakers star @PauGasol may have left LA, but he didn't forget about the kids of #CHLA.

B2q3MA0IUAAzM5B.jpg

Time for the second coming since MJ-Pippen.

jAqEg3i.jpg

Last edited:
Pau....:nthat:
Time for the second coming since MJ-Pippen.

jAqEg3i.jpg

dunno bought second coming, more like second penny, a.i. with kobe wannabe coming. lol

pau still the man. disrespected and neglected, but never forgotten. the man is under rated, under valued, and over looked. dudes a class act doing charity. dude does the fray the best n plays for his country, more heart than KD, tendinitis wont stop this man.

It really is sad that the lakers have to put Kobe has the primary dribbler because Lin's handles are so putrid. Still wondering how he is in the NBA and struggles to go to his left hand...

So we pretty much have to get Okafor. No way the Sixers take him with Embiid and Noel in tow do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom