2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even blame the players too much they are going to play keeping their own interests in mind. But the coach and management can limit or eliminate those options thereby successfully preserving the all important pick.

Them being younger and inexperienced likely would not lead to those same results of them trying to get their's and sabotaging our efforts. If the kids end up stealing a game fine there's at least something to draw from that going forward.

You're young and inexperienced second round pg just helped steal a win the last game. You say "that's fine" but you were probably complaining about it when it happened. Now your inexperienced pg is cooking one of the best defenses in the league. Picking them apart from long range, mid range and close range. You say hey this kid's nice but we're trying to tank. Let's find some bum to take his minutes.

Done. Enter jeremy lin. At this point you're taken aback and scream GOOD GOD MITCH YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR! This guy is the lebron james of bums. Except then he starts playing well. So you think to yourself man this guy is one of the worst guards in the league I can't believe this. But he's still kinda young. If only we had an older and slower version of this bum who would have to fight for playing time on the knicks.

That would be Ronnie price. Except that won't stop the complaining because guys were praying for him to get bought out because even HE was too good. Now you're stuck. You say the front office is full of idiots who don't know how to lose. Should be more like those losers in Philly or new york.

But then you check the box score and see that some of their bums were even better than your own bums. You say blame management and not the players. Management is picking up and giving minutes to guys who are having lesser games than the biggest bums on the absolute worst teams in the league. You can't eliminate the options. You just cannot guarantee a loss. You say take out ellington boozer and lin and give their minutes to the young, inexperienced and unproven guys. Clarkson and ed davis were top 5 in minutes. Sacre played 2 minutes less than boozer and had a better game than him. Everything you suggested has been done and here we are with the best record in the league since February 22nd

Last edited:
I know we're all pretty frustrated here guys.

Even anti-tankers from the past like Tupac, Freeze and I feel the frustration.

But we can't do anything about it, it's just a waiting game.

Unfortunately by now it's clear to all of us our management isn't going to do anything to help the cause. So all we can do is hope our opponents outplay these bums on a nightly basis.

:lol:

e55796f4248fed60ee2091d6077ce9b5ecae33e66aa2d429e63697db2046813a.jpg

Medina:
The Lakers could buy out contracts to clear up roster space either to acquire a free agent or through the Development League. But Scott said he has not had any discussions with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak.

It also seems unlikely the Lakers will do that, according to a league source familiar with the situation.
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...-row-with-101-93-victory-over-milwaukee-bucks

Bingo.

Cuz why should we call up a young D-Leaguer, when we can let Boozer and the other vets play their final 24 games as Lakers.

Why should we get more playing time for Black, or let Kelly play at PF? No benefit in that.

Besides, ya know, helping draft positioning as well as letting those young guys develop on the court.

Let the vets cook. :smh:

Maybe they'll increase their trade values!!!!

So Mitch can not trade them and just let them walk for nothing......

But hey. Not like it's his job to help shape this rebuild or anything. :smh:

Yea I'm fed up with it all. A roller coaster of ****ery.
At this point if they lose perfect, if they win then they are as dumb as we thought they were. But I'm not allowing this group of misfits to get my blood pressure high anymore because we need them to get as high as pick as possible.
It's funny people I talk to outside this thread have no idea about the pick and why we need to keep it and how it helps us rebuild faster. Most people just say good winning streak and we need to pick up durant/Westbrook/Jordan/Hakeem/lebron. :smh:
I'm more concerned with the coach after Byron

Wait so you can't just roster dead bodies and have them run the princeton? You actually have to pick up professional players? guys who may or may not be better than the bums already losing damn near every game. It could be roscoe smith and jabari brown instead of Booz and ellington, wouldn't change the backlash. I honestly wish they would buy out these guys just so people could see for themselves that it wouldn't make a difference, they would still win a handful of games. Possibly even on the same night where philly and new York also win games which they have done everything in their power to lose.

Last edited:
I wish boozer and lin would be bought out.

I want more time for black and Clarkson.

But I think we know that what we feel this franchise should do and what they actually do are two different things.

I just want the season to be over and have at least the 3rd worst record.

It's easy for us to tell them to lose but I know when I go out and play ball, winning is all I want to do. Those guys won't go out there and lay down no matter how much we want them to. I just hope night after night the teams we play just come out and beat us. Hasn't happened the last three games.

Frustrating....but what can you do?

Magic play the Hornets, Nuggets play the Pelicans tomorrow

So there's a legitimate shot they could both win, and make our outcome somewhat irrelevant.

Last edited:
Damn at russ being out. But it is a national television game...we tend to not do well in those types of games...

Damn at russ being out. But it is a national television game...we tend to not do well in those types of games...

Jodie Meeks dropped 40 last year against this team with westbrook and durant playing

Prepping for ellington to have 35 5 and 5

Could be a game ahead of 1st pick right now
mean.gif

Last edited:
the better focus is on the top 5 picks and their impact and what LA will do. this aint the nfl.

unless peeps see a particular stud, i have no idea what LA is thinking.

If the past week has taught us anything....

On any given night, any team can win a game, even teams that have no business winning. Knicks just won against a top seed in the east, 2nd night of a back-to-back. Hell the Sixers won a game.

Good teams go cold, bad teams get hot... Injuries.... Play teams just as bad, or just as inconsistent.

Winning 3 in a row sucks (4 in a row tomorrow)... Yes we should have cut Lin & Boozer..

But wins would still happen anyway. Sure, may be tougher to come by, but there would still be wins.

Whether

It's versus Boston.... We play like crap for 3 quarters, throw the ball around, and the inconsistent Celtics respond by equally bad possessions. IT2 acts like an idiot and gets himself tossed.We give up a 9 point lead in a minute. We did everything to give up that game, and there is only so long you can play bad before it clicks when you keep getting opportunity.

It's @ Utah, and Clarkson has the best game of his career. Ed Davis causes an 8 point swing with 2 blocks that led to buckets and gave us the lead.. Trey Burke not knowing what to do as a PG. Jazz turning the ball over 21 times, missing 12 FTs. We didn't come back, we should have been up by 20+ points, the fact that the Jazz got an 11 point lead with all the problems they showed that game, shows how bad we played.

Or versus the Bucks, they out play us the whole game, and then Jason Kidd completely goes away from what they did the entire game.. He was running horrible rotations,ridiculously bad sets, MCW shows what an overrated player he is..

We beat 2 teams, not much better than ourselves. And the Bucks who made a stupid trade that screwed up their chemistry. And tomorrow, a team missing it's 2 stars, and what we'll see tomorrow is essentially a lottery team.

Last edited:
Lakers need to trade everything except the kitchen sink and swoosh account for Boogie this offseason.

It's a LeFlore thang :pimp:

Doesnt need to be perfect just needs to be atleast 3 and lower to be safe

We are at 4 and only 3 games ahead of orlando who are at number 5

A team always jumps ahead mind you every year

Thats dangerous. Real dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom