2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall anyone really being "happy" with Swaggy's deal. :lol:

There was more confusion and anger than anything else.

Page 419 of the Off Season thread is when Nick Young was announced as signing, 4 years, 21.5 mil.

I do not see very many "happy" posts about it. :lol:

From what I saw, it was the same 5 people who really hate him, that were the one's angry about the signing. (CP, NK, Kal, Mamba & SoHi)

But I'll re-phrase the happy part, most people could see why the deal was made, despite it being a let down going from Melo & LeBron discussions down to Lin & Nick Young. It wasn't some gross overpay, it was below market value. Why? Because they gave him a 4th year player option. You give him 3 no option that AAV goes up.

Last edited:
That was a crazy Friday. LeBron held up everything, but once he made his decision the floodgates opened. Hill, Lin and Swaggy all leaked out within a couple of hours.

Caron Butler who shot sub 40 percent from the field last season, was 34 years old got $4.5mil AAV. And shot 40% again. Signed after Nick Young.

Jodie Meeks got $6.33mil AAV on the first day of Free Agency, and shot 41 & 35. What do you think he'd shoot in LA, with Good old no 3s, no pick & roll Byron? It certainly wouldn't go up. Because SVG is a guy who highly values 3s and made his success in Orlando centered around guys hitting a ton of 3s.

Bazemore was a cap casualty of trying to chase LeBron & Melo. They declined his QO before Nick Young was even inked. Trying to keep as much cap space open as possible. Once that happened, Bazemore was pretty much unlikely because we were waiting on LeBron & Melo, and he already had something with the Hawks. They should have just taken his QO, and still inked Nick Young as well.

And I was wrong on Jordan Hill :smh: It was a contract built for a trade by all accounts, but on money he wasn't worth :lol:

But does it really matter.. If we chose Meeks over Swaggy... Or Bazemore over Swaggy (which was never going to happen)

BYRON would have screwed them anyway.

Last edited:
Caron Butler who shot sub 40 percent from the field last season, was 34 years old got $4.5mil AAV. And shot 40% again. After Nick Young.

Jodie Meeks got $6.33mil AAV on the first day of Free Agency, and shot 41 & 35. What do you think he'd shoot in LA, with Good old no 3s, no pick & roll Byron? It certainly wouldn't go up. Because SVG is a guy who highly values 3s and made his success in Orlando centered around guys hitting a ton of 3s.

Bazemore was a cap casualty of trying to chase LeBron & Melo. They declined his QO before Nick Young was even inked. Trying to keep as much cap space open as possible. Once that happened, Bazemore was pretty much unlikely because we were waiting on LeBron & Melo, and he already had something with the Hawks. They should have just taken his QO, and still inked Nick Young as well.

And I was wrong on Jordan Hill :smh: It was a contract built for a trade by all accounts, but on money he wasn't worth :lol:

But does it really matter.. If we chose Meeks over Swaggy... Or Bazemore over Swaggy (which was never going to happen)

View media item 1491868

Agreed, just please admit NY is trash and good for nothing and we can move on :D :rolleyes :rofl:

Agreed, just please admit NY is trash and good for nothing and we can move on :D :rolleyes :rofl:

I won't. I think he's still what he is.. A good guy to come off the bench, and get you points. And by metrics is a decent to good on ball defender (off ball and team defense, he's lazy and therefore stinks at it).

But we got Byron over here telling Swaggy what to do and not to do. Then tells him to become a better catch & shoot guy, when that's what he is... And Byron rarely even got him those opportunities.

Byron is bipolar idiot who couldn't manage a Pop Copy (Dave Chappelle reference) let alone an NBA Team, and realize to play to a guy's strengths (And that's not even just Nick Young, it goes for pretty much every single player on the team. Carlos Boozer is the only guy who actually fits in a Byron system).

Last edited:

I won't. I think he's still what he is.. A good guy to come off the bench, and get you points. And by metrics is a decent to good on ball defender (off ball and team defense, he's lazy and therefore stinks at it).

But we got Byron over here telling Swaggy what to do and not to do. Then tells him to become a better catch & shoot guy, when that's what he is... And Byron rarely even got him those opportunities.

Byron is bipolar idiot who couldn't manage a Pop Copy (Dave Chappelle reference) let alone an NBA Team, and realize to play to a guy's strengths (And that's not even just Nick Young, it goes for pretty much every single player on the team. Carlos Boozer is the only guy who actually fits in a Byron system).

Exactly :lol:

Last edited:
Edit: Gary Vitti is not going to be behind the bench anymore after next season.. Will have a yet to be determined role.. Whatever that means.

Was with the Lakers for 30 years & 8 titles.

Last edited:
Finally, may actually be able to keep guys healthy. Back up the Brinks truck to Phoenix, AZ. 

Finally, may actually be able to keep guys healthy. Back up the Brinks truck to Phoenix, AZ. 

Whoops, not retiring.. Not going to sit behind the bench after next season, and will have a yet to be determined role..

Whatever that means??? Maybe retiring

But he's been around for so long, done a great job until we became cursed. Whole damn thing is cursed. He deserved respect.

But yes to Suns medical staff.

Last edited:
Edit: Gary Vitti is not going to be behind the bench anymore after next season.. Will have a yet to be determined role.. Whatever that means.

Was with the Lakers for 30 years & 8 titles.

image.png

vjdmUA7.jpg

the weird thing about S&T is that the Warriors had a massive fan base PRIOR to all this success.

Their threads used to kill us in popularity and pages.
Now that the teams flourishing there's only a handful of dedicated, true fans, that actually post here.

It's odd :lol:

I'm kind of curious/intrigued about a Clarkson / Russell backcourt.

Mudiay fits best with Randle.. Doesn't fit great with Clarkson because Mudiay's 3 point shot is meh. But the speed & handles with Randle would make them a terror in transition.
Russell fits best with Clarkson because D'Angelo can play off the ball as well as run the Point. Would be easy to get both guys 30 mpg each.

Towns fits with both because he can make his presence felt without offense, but has room to grow a good offensive game.
WCS fits perfectly with Randle. Provides out of this world defense. Will get his points and offensive output on putbacks, and easy dump passes at the rim. Very DeAndre-esque in how I think he'll be offensively in the NBA.
Okafor doesn't fit with Randle because it's 2 offensive minded bigs. I think Randle will be a decent defender due to speed/athleticism. Okafor is just lazy and lacks any fundamentals on defense. Maybe you can play Okafor & Randle High / Low, but I think Randle will be able to overpower and use athleticism to get passed a majority of PFs in the low post.

Winslow is the unknown. Had a great tourny, but I'd honestly rather go PG or C. 2 toughest positions to fill, and most important in the NBA. Winslow could be great as could Stanley Johnson, but unless we're 5th pick, I'm not considering either.

Also if we were 5th, I'm probably trading things to move up to 2-3. Probably will never get # 1 pick with a 5th pick.

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Cauley-Stein
4. Okafor (I would put him 3rd if you could convince me Okafor/Randle could work, but with Byron as the coach, it definitely won't work)
5. Mudiay
6. Winslow

Last edited:
Doesn't matter who fits best with Randle. The team will/should pick who they think is the best player and go from there. Not saying you're saying this, but generally you don't draft based on fit, especially fit with basically a rookie (Randle). I do think and am confident Randle will be special.

Doesn't matter who fits best with Randle. The team will/should pick who they think is the best player and go from there. Not saying you're saying this, but generally you don't draft based on fit, especially fit with basically a rookie (Randle). I do think and am confident Randle will be special.

You have to consider fit with guys you have just recently drafted. If you consider them long term pieces (i.e. Randle).

If there are 2 guys and 1 is a 10/10 and the other is a 6/10, of course you go the 10/10 guy. But I don't see it as a HUGE gap between the two when you compare them.

In terms of Okafor versus Cauley-Stein.... Okafor's amazingly special offense / lack of defense versus Cauley-Stein's amazing defense / not special offense.. Okafor sounds better because defense isn't sexy.. But I take WCS over him (if I were Mitch, and I know they'll take Okafor). Because even if WCS isn't great on offense, I know I'll still get about 10 points a game through putback, alley-oops and guys dropping off a pass, and it'll be semi-efficient. Not to mention even though Okafor has this great offensive repertoire, he's horrible at the line. He's going to leave a lot of points there.

And Okafor's strength is in direct conflict with Randle.. Both guys who are better on offense than defense. Somebody ends up getting a lack of touches, and because they're not great on defense..... They will not be as effective.

Last edited:
May 20th... Won't be subbing on May 21st... I'll either be heavy in coming up with scenarios.. Or drove my car into the Hudson.
Thanks.  Just needed to know if I needed to request off work after possibly drinking myself into a stupor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom