2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudiay fits best with Randle.. Doesn't fit great with Clarkson because Mudiay's 3 point shot is meh. But the speed & handles with Randle would make them a terror in transition.

Can you imagine a lineup with clarkson, mudiay, and randle? that team can't shoot but damn they would wreck the league in transition.  Kobe could take care of the half court offense, mainly because it would happen anyway

Last edited:
As long as we don't draft a PF I think we should take BPA in every scenario.

We'll (fingers crossed we keep the top pick) workout everyone under the sun so we should have a great look at the class in total so if we can get value at a position moving up or down like we did with Clarkson I am all for it. Mitch and the draft room have done a great job, I fully trust them.

As much as I think a Randle/WCS front court will work very well.... I just can't feel OK with taking him over the potential of Russell/Mudiay/Winslow if we get the chance.

Last edited:
Just looking at the timeline of our demise.... Starting with Mike Brown hire.. Everything we touched turned to fire... Even if it was the right move.

1. Hiring Mike Brown... Right choice over Shaw... Doofus but does decently in his first year.... Then goes full doofus with 4 Hall of Famers

2. CP3 trade.. Set us up perfectly for a big 3 with Kobe, and then one after him.. Trade gets veto'd.

3. Trading Lamar.. Right move. See falling off a cliff after he left. It back fired because his trade exception leads to Steve Nash being a Laker.

4. Trading for Ramon Sessions.... Great trade, got us out of the Luke contract. Looked great in Regular season. Gets torched by Russy in the playoffs (as he should have it's Russ) sends everyone into a panic. Now in the market for a PG.

5. Trading Derek FIsher & Mavs first for Jordan Hill.. Good trade, has been a good trade. But if we pick up Hill's option it backfires on ourselves.

6. Steve Nash trade.... Without the right move of trading Lamar, and the right move trading for Sessions backfiring, no need for Nash. We don't trade the picks. We likely get rid of MWP a year early and use the $8.9mil trade exception and 2 1sts & 2 2nds to go after a SF. But nonetheless, it wasn't the worst trade ever at the time. Steve just came off a season where he led a mediocre team with a game or 2 of the playoffs, and played like 90% of the games in a shortened season with B2B2B games.. The thought was probably, he wants 3 years, but we're trying for a title in the first 2, and if we get it, he's going to retire. But alas, it backfires to epic degrees, even though trading for Nash, led to this guy wanting to come here.

7. Dwight Howard. A very good trade. We sold high on Bynum before his stock crashed to the ground. Only cost us a 1st & 2nd for a better player. Had we not traded Bynum for Howard, we may have ended up in a long term deal with Bynum today. Still think it was a good trade. But Nash's injury... Then Kobe's achilles, on top of hating Kobe was all he needed to be gone. Had we gotten CP3 like we fairly received, we don't get Ramon, don't get Nash. Still get Howard, and he stays no matter what.

Should we have traded Howard away? Maybe. But at the same time if we traded Howard to GS (never fully established if there was any discussion), we probably take back Lee's contract with Klay or Barnes.. While it gives us a great young guy........ Lee prevents us from making any moves this past offseason, and in this offseason. Also we don't get Randle, and don't get this year's pick either. Have a star in Klay, but for a max deal going forward. It's certainly something.. But while Dwight's trade backfired because he left, may have been what we need to start over.

8. We hire Mike D'Antoni. Phil wasn't coming back to coach, and even if he did, his heart would never have been in it. Maybe we get a year, maybe two from him. And then what? But because Phil likes the attention, everyone thinks he was ready to coach, and Jimmy turned his nose at him.... But it wasn't even him who chose D'Antoni.

Nonetheless, MDA was doomed to fail here. Most fans who wanted Phil, didn't give Mike a chance.

Injuries had us limping through the first half of 2012-13, then we finish really strong. But Kobe, and everyone else goes down. Team was done, and got swept.

2013-14 just wasn't enough talent.

And even though people hate him, he actually got a lot of production from a lot of people, and got people to play the game that best suits them. Even Dwight & Hill who hate him. Pau may have been the only guy he didn't get what he wanted. But even when he did (post touches), Pau wasn't aggressive enough anymore to capitalize.

We don't pick up his option because most were not sold he was the guy going forward.... Bring in an even bigger doofus than Mike Brown..

9. Byron Scott... So many reasons why he was the wrong choice. We had to interview him 3 times :lol:

We were pretty much at the point right after MDA resigning that we said **** it and started screwing ourselves over everywhere we can.

I stopped here because it is super frustrating re-living all of it, and even good moves became disastrous.

What a curse these few years have been.

Last edited:
I blame Ramon Sessions in most of this disaster. Had he resigned with us, we wouldn't have to give up picks and give Steve Nash that contract plus we would slightly be in a better situation.

I blame Ramon Sessions in most of this disaster. Had he resigned with us, we wouldn't have to give up picks and give Steve Nash that contract plus we would slightly be in a better situation.

Lakers still would have made that move. Nobody could have predicted those injuries to nash. Had to been what he was in that 2012 season, things could have been different.

Sessions **** in his shorts towards the end of his run, but at the same time he was an ill fit with Kobe-Bynum-Pau once the playoffs rolled around.

If we gave Sessions a multi year deal, we don't even look at Steve Nash.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bruh 420 is next week. 

I saw that man scrubbing it up for the Kings just the other night, Dwight Bycks looked better than he did on the Lakers

All of that, all of it, started with Stern.

Everything since then has been a nightmare.
Yeh that CP3 trade being rescinded was the worst move in sports in a long time.  Ive never seen an association rescind and trade because it would make a team too good.

Shoot that trade put Lamar Odom on the pipe

We didn't offer him a contract though.

He declined his option for a long term deal with us.

We traded for Nash, and saw the jig was up.

Had he not played like crap in the playoffs... I think we probably are not in the market for Nash. Or maybe we are and keep Sessions too.

Last edited:
If I was Sessions, I would of told Mitch I'll come back for 2 years 8 mil. But I think the Lakers made up their mind after having a poor playoff performance.

Sessions was literally one of my favorite under the radar players (even when he was with the Lakers)........ then he came to the Kings and Sac ruined him 
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

What was the protection on the clippers pick? We get it if its 51-55? If that's the case, then we lost it, right?

This hell of a season is finally at an end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom