Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't even attacking you. :lol:

All I said was dude been the same player since his Wizards days, I guess you took it as a attack and you got your pom poms out for him. Of course championship teams need role players but you don't a Nick Young for 4 damn years if your team sucks.

U started ranting about Iggy and all that other jive man. Stuff that doesn't pertain to his game on the floor. On top off all that YOU don't know if this team will be a championship team next week let alone the 4th yr of his 5 mil a year contract :lol:.

Noticed the thread jump and was anticipating positive breaking news...

:rolleyes

tumblr_n01yloaVya1r6ybcpo1_500.gif

LO just got cut. Caron is still out there. Maybe they can still do round 2 of the reunion even though they're out of cap space :smokin

I think CP is under this fantasy that Tim, Dirk, and those guys took "paycuts" for rings and glory. In actuality they play in states that allow those salaries b/c of tax differences. Business is business....

Dwight actually taking home more than Kobe is crazy tho

Last edited:
CP to be positive and practical, Swaggy is probably to please the fans with entertainment the next 3 years...

AKA "Putting butts in seats."

Swaggy + Lin + Kobe next season = Lose while being entertaining to watch.

Pretty much a good business deal + good basketball deal (long term, not short).

Basketball reasons really screwed over this team for years to come. This is a huge part of Stern's legacy. Making a marquee team nothing more than. A middle of the pack franchise. Dan Gilbert can go to hell.

It's not an excuse it's a fact. Dwight is making $21 mil next season and is taking $13 mil home. Kobe is making $23.5 next season and taking $11.5 home. They're making less money. So when you're using that whole argument about MIA it doesn't hold water. They didn't lose any money at all by taking those deals with the Heat. So again you have Duncan, Ginobli, and Dirk. Where is the trend of guys taking less?

Damn... So for a franchise like us with these taxes and CBA regulations we'll never piece up a powerhouse thru FA. Players will always just look at the numbers and take more bread elsewhere

Damn... So for a franchise like us with these taxes and CBA regulations we'll never piece up a powerhouse thru FA. Players will always just look at the numbers and take more bread elsewhere

DING DING DING

Like I said ...some in here are thinking too slow. I understand the "let the bottom fall out argument" but there's luxury taxes to live out here that hinders us
Gotta get star players when available

I work right behind chinatown and wonkok was giving out free baked buns once they found out Lin was coming to L.A.

:lol: this roster

What about now CP??
Is Jim/Mitch gaining some credibility with seeing as it's obvious he's accepting full tank mode??

Not yet, I need to see more.

If they S&T Pau, it will help. If they miss, and Pau walks for nothing, then we just wasted an expiring asset for nothing, and that will anger me greatly.
4 years for Nick Young, pathetic.
1 year, with an option for Hill, solid.
Randle, Clarkson, and Kane picked up, like it alot.
#1 from Houston, LOVE it.

So still some stuff to be worked out. But the team is MUCH younger now, and more flexibility after Kobe, but that Nick Young contract is just :x

what if mitch works magic and has the lakers contending for a title in 2016. that swaggy contract would look like a steal. he is a huge spark off the bench. while we wait for the 2016-2017 championship the lakers can start kobe and young for pure entertainment. its gold i tell you, gold.

not mad at the swaggy signing.

nick played the best basketball of his career on both ends of the floor last year, anticipate him to continue to get better.

Kid wants to be a laker :smokin

still need a shooter now that jodi is gone......

Silver lining in all this are Randle and Clarkson( did work today 
pimp.gif
)

maybe Lakers can package Nash+Lin contracts during the season?

either way, go Lakers!!

"oaks grow strong in contrary winds"

Silver lining in all this are Randle and Clarkson( did work today :pimp: )

maybe Lakers can package Nash+Lin contracts during the season?

either way, go Lakers!!

"oaks grow strong in contrary winds"

Nash+hill+lin=26 m in expiring contracts

BaxterHolmes

If the Celtics were ever really in the hunt for Kevin Love, well, one league source says, “That’s done now."

Not even trolling, I wonder what boston is planning to do with all their azsets

Idc idc idc i'm glad we got nice young and hill back. least we have some entertaining guys in another down year next year.

If PHX got Mini Zeke... i wonder what would of happened if we truly pursued Bledsoe.

Maybe he was more available than we thought... :rolleyes

Would they really have matched a max offer with all those guards?
We could of at least tried :rolleyes

what if mitch works magic and has the lakers contending for a title in 2016. that swaggy contract would look like a steal. he is a huge spark off the bench. while we wait for the 2016-2017 championship the lakers can start kobe and young for pure entertainment. its gold i tell you, gold.

tumblr_lo0el7kvqj1qe04gdo1_500.jpg

Commissioner,
It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.
This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.
Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.
I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).
I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.
I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?
Please advise….
Dan G.

F#%^ Gilbert and his team.

%$^# stern too
Lol that last sentence, dude is a character.

Last edited:
Pau shoulda BEEN traded.

I wasn't even attacking you. :lol:

All I said was dude been the same player since his Wizards days, I guess you took it as a attack and you got your pom poms out for him. Of course championship teams need role players but you don't a Nick Young for 4 damn years if your team sucks.

U started ranting about Iggy and all that other jive man. Stuff that doesn't pertain to his game on the floor. On top off all that YOU don't know if this team will be a championship team next week let alone the 4th yr of his 5 mil a year contract :lol:.

Ranting? Dude I said 1 thing about that. You took it to heart. This team is not contending for a while. Damn sure won't be next week, or a year from now. :lol: So like I said your boy is not adding much to this already sorry team.

Last edited:
:lol: at anyone even insinuating that youngs $5 mil a year will hamper us for years to come. Many of u don't like his game, that's cool. No need for the exaggeration on his contracts impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom