• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like these fools going to keep MDA despite who may be available in a week or so. Another premature decision :smh:

I'm not watching these clowns if they bring back Nick Young next year.

Last edited:
I'll say the same thing I said on twitter... So we can have a larger discussion among everyone.

Firing D'Antoni and bringing in a new coach is not smart. The reason is because when we go 30-52 in 2014-15, you know how this fan base is, they will call for the new coach's head. And if they give him a pass, then it's being hypocritical. But if it goes the way we all expect, we'll have to talk about hiring a 5th coach in 6 seasons.

We overperformed, had the roster been consistently healthy it'd be different, but considering all of the things that happened, and who was on the roster for the bulk of the season, had we not had Mike D'Antoni we may not have won a dozen games this season.

Also depending on who we draft, MDA can be a great benefit to the rookie, allowing them to learn free flowing offense, and play through mistakes, and building confidence. Then everything else goes from there. Which is what he did for Farmar, Meeks, Swaggy, X, Wes. If you show effort, he let's you play through your mistakes.

Things change. Saying we are keeping him in April, does not mean the same thing in July. Things constantly change. Frank Vogel isn't the answer. His team was cruising toward a Conference Finals at least, and he lost every single player on that team, they are falling apart, and may get knocked out by an 8 seed that was under .500 and missing their best player.

Last edited:
This fool MDA wants the Lakers to pick up his option for 15-16 too :lol: maybe he is trying to get fired after all.

This fool MDA wants the Lakers to pick up his option for 15-16 too
laugh.gif
maybe he is trying to get fired after all.
why wouldnt he want his employer to employ him for an extra year 
laugh.gif

you know how when you create a player in video games theres a scroll bar which allows you to adjust the gap between your character's eyes?

capsule_bazemore.jpg

capsule_brooks.jpg

why wouldnt he want his employer to employ him for an extra year :lol:

It's dumb for him to try and force their hand now especially with the unrest of the fanbase and the worst Laker season in history he just coached through. Not sure if he's in a position to be making demands, especially when at that point we could be getting back close to contending. They may want to keep him for next season but not at the expense of the following one. Like I said maybe he's trying to get out and get his money too which would be fine by me.

We make some irrational *** decisions man.
Losing more and more faith in this franchise every damn day.

It's not that they're keeping MDA that surprises me, I expected it because for some reason they love his losing ***.

But the fact that they don't even want to wait to even talk to Vogel, Thibs, and other coaches who might shortly be let go of is just mad premature and irrational. Why not even discuss other options? Why not see what happens in a few days?

What the duck was the rush with Kobe's contract? What the duck was the rush with announcing MDA will be back?

WHATS THE DAMN RUSH :smh:

why wouldnt he want his employer to employ him for an extra year :lol:

It's dumb for him to try and force their hand now especially with the unrest of the fanbase and the worst Laker season in history he just coached through. Not sure if he's in a position to be making demands, especially when at that point we could be getting back close to contending. They may want to keep him for next season but not at the expense of the following one. Like I said maybe he's trying to get out and get his money too which would be fine by me.

:lol:

We make some irrational *** decisions man.
Losing more and more faith in this franchise every damn day.

It's not that they're keeping MDA that surprises me, I expected it because for some reason they love his losing ***.

But the fact that they don't even want to wait to even talk to Vogel, Thibs, and other coaches who might shortly be let go of is just mad premature and irrational. Why not even discuss other options? Why not see what happens in a few days?

What the duck was the rush with Kobe's contract? What the duck was the rush with announcing MDA will be back?

WHATS THE DAMN RUSH
mean.gif
Actually, reports have stated that the Lakers haven't even officially met with D'antoni yet. I believe it was supposed to happen late this week, but I guess it didn't yet? Ramona is saying they haven't met yet. So I don't think there is a rush as you say. Also, if there's one thing we should know about the Lakers front of office it's that they say the typical PC answer to the media in order to not give out any of their plans. Jim Buss the summer we did all those moves with Nash and Dwight said he expects our roster to stay in tact for the most part. Mitch is the master of answering with an statement that basically says nothing. So no need to panic. 

Now your statement about waiting for Vogel or Thibs, doesn't make much sense to me. I do think D'antoni hasn't had his fair shake. With that said I still think we should replace him because we need a fresh start. I do think he's a good coach, but for some reason, I never thought he was championship caliber especially for the Lakers. Can't explain it, but it's just my gut feeling. Even with that said, he really got screwed over in 07, and if he had gotten a break with those suspensions, everyone would be singing a new tune about him. It's a game of inches, literally.

Now back to Vogel. So you want a coach who basically has lost his team? A guy who is coaching a team that obviously has superior talent compared to a lot of the east yet is struggling? They are struggling against a team that isn't even .500. It's not fair to criticize D'anonti yet want Vogel, who hasn't really accomplished anything. I find it funny when people ask for SVG, JVG, Hollins, Karl, etc when none of these guys have won a championship and that's one of the biggest points D'antoni detractors state. 

Now Thibs, I am a fan of him. He was a huge part of the coaching during those Celtic years. Many reports state they felt Thibs was the actual X and O coach while Rivers was the hoo raa guy, basically the hype man haha. But Thibs is also struggling in these playoffs. He neded Dunleavy to go 8-10 to even squeeze out a win against the Wizards. Yes, he's had injuries, etc, but hasn't D'antoni to an even greater extent? 

Lastly, it would be better for the Lakers to not rush as you say and jump on the next coach they see. Pick one that is going to last for a very very long time, not some replacement dude, just to make the fans happy. 

With all this said, I have always felt the Lakers would let D'antoni go this off season. The issue is who would replace him?

**** D'Antoni.

This is the Lakers. THE LAKERS.

We don't do whiny *** coaches, worst records ever, not making playoffs, not playing D, NOT WINNING.

**** D'Antoni. Jim Buss too.

:lol: :lol:

We've had two, 2, one more time, TWO, elite coaches since the 70's folks.

Settle down with "we don't do..." :lol:

Riley, and Phil.

Also, Mike Brown, Bernie, Hamblin, Rudy T, Rambis, Del Harris, Magic, Pfund, Dunleavy, Westpaul.

Mike D'Antoni is better than all those guys, outside MAYBE Rudy T, and I don't consider Rudy all that special, but he does have rings, so I guess he has to be placed ahead of Mike.

Bottom line, give Mike talent even with Riles or Phil, maybe he can join their club. But he damn sure better than 95% of the rest of the coaches we've employed.

I can understand his philosophy with the uptempo offense and all that, but the dude puts NO emphasis on playing defense.

How is a team that gives up 109 points per game going to win a championship? That's unheard of.

The nerve of Mike D ...the nerve.

And plz ...stop comparing this man to all time great coaches that's all I ask. You can have your coach just don't make the comparison.

The man can't even connect with his players on a mental or spiritual level so just stop. It's quite sickening.
Give this man some talent :lol:. Looooong summer with this garbage very damn day

The nerve of Mike D ...the nerve.

And plz ...stop comparing this man to all time great coaches that's all I ask. You can have your coach just don't make the comparison.

The man can't even connect with his players on a mental or spiritual level so just stop. It's quite sickening.
Give this man some talent
laugh.gif
. Looooong summer with this garbage very damn day
laugh.gif
 Not as bad as Mike Brown pulling up a chair for Kobe so that Kobe could coach the team while he stood around. But yeah, **** D'Antoni.

I'm done with speaking about that man. If this is the man whose philosophy you believe in than fine good luck.
Look at the playoffs now I don't see not ONE team running that dumb ****
When you get in the playoffs it slows waaay down. You just can't simple attempt 30 3's a game. Then in the half court give it to your point guard and make a play or move the ball around with "energy" you actually have to know wth you're doing.

It's obvious that when you have superstar talent on your team you will obviously be elevated. Classic story of the 'haves' & 'havenots' but as a coach can you elevate that superstar???....
Man I'm done

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/590319/2013-14-lakers-off-season-thread/870#post_20450040 layout=inline]Sacre and Marshall were part of the Lakers top 5 players?? What???

Unit. Top 5 unit.

Did you watch this season, orrr?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom