Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe is going to win you 25 games?

healthy kobe, emphasis on healthy. long shot but if healthy he can takeover 25 games and get a w that they have no business winning. again, emphasis on healthy. that cyborg achilles should be good but how it reacts on the court only time will tell.

Last edited:
Wow a ray of hope for the Lakers from a non laker fan, thanks Rock at least you're open to the possibilities.

And I totally forgot about the Jazz another lottery lifer team.

Utah , Milwaukee, Detroit, Orlando, Sacramento, Celtics, philadelphia, Minesota, and maybe the pelicans could all easily be worst than us.

No way in hell we get that top 5 pick with a healthy Mamba.

Crying at the thought of the Pelicans being worse than the Lakers. Did Anthony Davis catch a season ending injury that I don't know about?

Minnesota won't be worse unless they trade Love for picks which I doubt they do. A roster with Love leads to 30+ wins at least. D-Lee & Klay would help them win games too if they went that route.

Sac, Orlando, Utah & Milwaukee all have better rosters than us. Detroit has better coaching + Drummond.

Face it, we suck. Really, really suck.

Last edited:
Wow a ray of hope for the Lakers from a non laker fan, thanks Rock at least you're open to the possibilities.

And I totally forgot about the Jazz another lottery lifer team.

Utah , Milwaukee, Detroit, Orlando, Sacramento, Celtics, philadelphia, Minesota, and maybe the pelicans could all easily be worst than us.

No way in hell we get that top 5 pick with a healthy Mamba.

Crying at the thought of the Pelicans being worse than the Lakers. Did Anthony Davis catch a season ending injury that I don't know about?

Maybe is the keyword but you like to confront me so I'm not surprised, I also listed a bunch of other teams but I guess you missed that in a rush to quote me.

Yeah that pelicans team won 7 more games than us last year...7 in a year where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Yeah the Pelicans won 34 games last year, they bout to tear the league a new one.

Ain't no delusions this year fellas.
Hard to believe anyone can't see how bad we're going to suck this time :lol:

I don't even know why I'm laughing. It's going to be awful :smh:

I think everyone knows its gonna be rough but the question is how rough.

Some people got us winning 12 games, I'm just saying there are a lot of possible teams that can be worse than us because we sucked horribly last year and were still far from the worst.

Some of these teams are pros at stinking , were just starting out it takes time to get good at being so bad :lol:

I think everyone knows its gonna be rough but the question is how rough.

Some people got us winning 12 games, I'm just saying there are a lot of possible teams that can be worse than us because we sucked horribly last year and were still far from the worst.

Some of these teams are pros at stinking , were just starting out it takes time to get good at being so bad :lol:

We're definitely winning more than 12 :lol:
If we could win 25 without Kobe were going to win 25 with Kobe. Just don't know how many more than 25 we'll be able to pull off. We're gonna have to wait and see

Lin could do well for us he is a penetrator which could open up some things for other guys.

*just trying to be optimistic

Yeah Mark was definitely well spoken I was shocked because he seemd like an airhead type of dude, but that video shows he knows the game.

he never seemed like an airhead to me and he was even doing spanish interviews for univision back in the day and was fluent

Franc it's time to change spongebobs NT hat to a Laker hat in your avy bruh

:nerd:

29c3cede_image.jpeg

Pelton:
Trade Grades: Jeremy Lin to Lakers

July 11: Lakers Land Lin

Rockets get: Salary-cap space

Lakers get: Guard Jeremy Lin and a 2015 first-round pick

Houston: D

Since the Rockets agreed to trade Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans before the draft, we've been hearing that Houston had trades lined up for Lin but would complete them only if and when they secured a commitment from a max free agent like Carmelo Anthony or Chris Bosh. Apparently, there was a miscommunication, because hours after the Rockets reportedly traded Lin to the Lakers came word that Bosh was spurning them in favor of a new, five-year contract with the Miami Heat.:smh:

Now, Houston is stuck in a difficult spot. If it matches the Dallas Mavericks' offer sheet for Chandler Parsons, the Rockets have until Sunday evening to use the cap space they created by trading Lin. There are few obvious options, and Houston would surely take a mulligan on this deal if it could. Besides giving up the pick, the Rockets also lost a rotation player in the process, making this a worst-case scenario for them and forcing us to reconsider the grade.

L.A. Lakers: A

Dealing for Lin is an ideal use of the Lakers' cap space. For the time being, he provides some value on the court. Lin isn't a perfect fit for the Lakers. Playing with Kobe Bryant creates similar issues to the Lin-James Harden pairing, since Lin is most valuable with the ball in his hands running frequent pick-and-rolls. Still, Lin is an upgrade on Kendall Marshall, and with the Lakers' inability to count on Steve Nash, adding Lin helps them in basketball terms for 2014-15.

Just as important, Lin's expiring contract keeps the Lakers' cap clear for next summer and beyond, which makes trading for him preferable to signing a free agent of similar ability to a multiyear contract. And the Lakers also get a first-round pick, assuring they'll have one next season. (The Lakers' own pick will go to the Phoenix Suns from the Nash trade if it falls outside the top five.)

The only quibble I have is that two of the best young free agents on the market are also point guards. A max offer to restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe would have made sense for L.A., and an offer to Isaiah Thomas would provide good value and is unlikely to be matched. If the Lakers no longer feel they can pursue a point guard, they'll find worse options at other positions.

Incidentally, the Lakers will have to send something to the Rockets, likely a top-55 protected "paper pick." While Mark Deeks reported today that the NBA has strengthened its rules about using protected picks in multiple-team trades, they remain the same when just two teams are involved.

Last I checked, there would be around $2mil in cap after Hill & Swaggy.

I'd use that money to bring back Wes Johnson.

Minimum on Xavier Henry.

Then the BAE ($2.7mil) on either Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal.

PG: Jeremy Lin / Kendall Marshall / Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant / Nick Young / Xavier Henry
SF: Wes Johnson / Nick Young / Xavier Henry
PF: Julius Randle / Ryan Kelly / Jordan Hill
C: Jordan Hill / Robert Sacre / Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal

D-League : Jordan Clarkson & DeAndre Kane

Team improves at 3 positions: PG, SG, PF. Still around same amount of wins as last season. Mike D'Antoni had players overachieving.

But theoretically our cap space fluctuates a lot based on cap holds of Hill & Swaggy, and order of which we sign players. So there's no accurate number for what we curretly have in cap space because Randle, Hill, Kelly & Young are not signed yet.

Last edited:
:lol:

You should make one with a Mountain Dew hat.

Might actually tempt CP to change his avy even tho he said he wouldn't :nerd:

C CP1708 :nerd:

Last I checked, there would be around $2mil in cap after Hill & Swaggy.

I'd use that money to bring back Wes Johnson.

Minimum on Xavier Henry.

Then the BAE ($2.7mil) on either Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal.

PG: Jeremy Lin / Kendall Marshall / Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant / Nick Young / Xavier Henry
SF: Wes Johnson / Nick Young / Xavier Henry
PF: Julius Randle / Ryan Kelly / Jordan Hill
C: Jordan Hill / Robert Sacre / Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal

D-League : Jordan Clarkson & DeAndre Kane

Team improves at 3 positions: PG, SG, PF. Still around same amount of wins as last season. Mike D'Antoni had players overachieving.

But theoretically our cap space fluctuates a lot based on cap holds of Hill & Swaggy, and order of which we sign players. So there's no accurate number for what we curretly have in cap space because Randle, Hill, Kelly & Young are not signed yet.

ah, i see.

Question for you guys...

Every article i've read about the Lakers offseason so far talks about how they have kept their cap flexibility for next year, and they have tons of tradeable contracts on the team.

My question is, other than Durant and Love, who are the big free agents next year that we can offer contracts to. I mean a big contingency of people here didn't want Melo because he was too old, or the contract wasn't worth it, who are we going to target.

Also with these tradeable contracts, is it realistic that we would trade these people, and if so, again, who are we looking to target.

I mean I was big on signing Melo, I was big on actually signing anyone and not tanking again, **** happens and we didn't do that. I'm trying to understand what the game plan is going forward, I don't want to dwell to much on what we didn't do, and want to ask you guys what is it we are trying to do.

Thanks!

Go Lakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom