• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucks shopping Ersan Ilyasova, do we have anything to offer?

Doubt it unless they want Steve Nash's corpse. He's counter productive to the tanking initiative as well, but his deal isn't bad at 8 mil with a team option for 2016.

i read his attitude n antics are proallt why, more so, this offseason was all about lbh, melo and bosh. doesnt Houston now have the most space?
I mean his antics doesn't affect his skills so I don't really see that being the reason

Lakers have about 2-3 left in cap space, can become 8-9 if we stretch nash. 

no need to do that for lance...too many wing players on the team at this point. clarkson has looked real good but he'll be behind nash, Kobe, swaggy, marshall, and lin. only way he'll see minutes is if kobe or swaggy play at the 3 for extended minutes. 

just need some frontcourt depth now and i think its a wrap for the lakers as far as big name signings/acquisitions 

Lakers have about 2-3 left in cap space, can become 8-9 if we stretch nash. 
no need to do that for lance...too many wing players on the team at this point. clarkson has looked real good but he'll be behind nash, Kobe, swaggy, marshall, and lin. only way he'll see minutes is if kobe or swaggy play at the 3 for extended minutes. 

just need some frontcourt depth now and i think its a wrap for the lakers as far as big name signings/acquisitions 

I think our depth is just as blank in the wing positions.

SG & SF is only Kobe Bryant & Nick Young at this point.

Nick Young is a 6th man. Getting Lance, could move Kobe to the 3 for like 12-15mpg like Mitch hinted at.

I truly Clarkson needs a year in the DLeague honestly. Or until everyone gets injured.

On the other hand Power Forward is accounted for Julius Randle & Ryan Kelly.

Then use the BAE on a Center.

PG: Lin / Marshall / Clarkson (DLeague)
SG: Lance / Kobe / Swaggy
SF: Kobe / Swaggy
PF: Randle / Kelly
C: ??? / Sacre

Then use minimum on Xavier Henry. And maybe another PF and a 3rd Center for minimum.

Last edited:
0501a898d8c1615defaa4ed67f48d7666ac156beff32fd2b036d6592da618932.jpg

The Lakers are doing what they need to do in all honestly. Took awhile for me to digest it all but they did what they were suppose to do.

This free agency went like it was suppose to. All the Lakers did was spend at a minimum and keep themselves flexible. And they will continue to do so until a superstar is available to sign and then that's when they will go after that person (see: Carmelo).
They had the space, he is a superstar, they went after him. They miss on him, ok cool. Wait for the next guy to come along.

Some may hate the Nick Young contract. But it's really a small contract when you look at it. Money is spread out small across 4 years. Manageable. He really took a paycut. Let's face it he can score and create his shot with the best of em. Every team needs that. Without him the team would only have Kobe to create so it's cool for us. Great locker room guy, city loves him so it's whatever.

I was a little frustrated because the FO didn't go after some of the decent priced 2nd tier players (Bledsoe, IT, Lance). But I figured in their minds if they aren't directly contributing to a title run there's no reason to spend the money on them.

Although I believe that superstars actually want to come to a team that already has players and not the other way around, I can understand this plan.

It seems that the Lakers FO hasn't wavered of this plan for the last couple of years (outside of the infamous Kobe contract). So if they keep their focus and not get rushed into making a move because of us unruly impatient Lakers fans. It could work.

But this does not include tanking. You guys need to get over it. This organization will never intentionally tank. They just won't. Whether wrong or right. No matter what anybody else believes this is what they stand by. So deal with it, this is the team you choose to root for. They will put out the best product on the court that falls into their plans.

Only problem is if we miss out on superstar after superstar, year after year we could be in the dark ages for a loooong time. Especially when that superstar will be tempted to most likely leave 30 mil extra on the table to come here. And that's not even including how much Uncle Sam will shred up in taxes. So ionno boys it might be a long road back to the top.

Our next best shot at a free agent superstar pick up is the superstar who either grew up in LA/SoCal or has an extreme affinity for everything Lakers when growing up.
So whoever that is we have a high chance of getting.

Only person I can think of is Love. But he will be traded away before we get a chance at him. And he makes himself sound like more of a NorCal dude as opposed to Hollywood.

The Chicago Bulls will trade Anthony Randolph and two second round picks to the Orlando Magic to clear additional cap space.

Randolph will be waived by the Magic.

The Bulls are trying to fit in Pau Gasol and Nikola Mirotic into their salary cap.

:smh:

I know they are only second rounders...but anything would have helped.

I bet Mitch was trying to get rid of nash. I get it...but you don't let pau walk for nothing...

The Lakers are doing what they need to do in all honestly. Took awhile for me to digest it all but they did what they were suppose to do.

This free agency went like it was suppose to. All the Lakers did was spend at a minimum and keep themselves flexible. And they will continue to do so until a superstar is available to sign and then that's when they will go after that person (see: Carmelo).
They had the space, he is a superstar, they went after him. They miss on him, ok cool. Wait for the next guy to come along.

Some may hate the Nick Young contract. But it's really a small contract when you look at it. Money is spread out small across 4 years. Manageable. He really took a paycut. Let's face it he can score and create his shot with the best of em. Every team needs that. Without him the team would only have Kobe to create so it's cool for us. Great locker room guy, city loves him so it's whatever.

I was a little frustrated because the FO didn't go after some of the decent priced 2nd tier players (Bledsoe, IT, Lance). But I figured in their minds if they aren't directly contributing to a title run there's no reason to spend the money on them.

Although I believe that superstars actually want to come to a team that already has players and not the other way around, I can understand this plan.

It seems that the Lakers FO hasn't wavered of this plan for the last couple of years (outside of the infamous Kobe contract). So if they keep their focus and not get rushed into making a move because of us unruly impatient Lakers fans. It could work.

But this does not include tanking. You guys need to get over it. This organization will never intentionally tank. They just won't. Whether wrong or right. No matter what anybody else believes this is what they stand by. So deal with it, this is the team you choose to root for. They will put out the best product on the court that falls into their plans.

Only problem is if we miss out on superstar after superstar, year after year we could be in the dark ages for a loooong time. Especially when that superstar will be tempted to most likely leave 30 mil extra on the table to come here. And that's not even including how much Uncle Sam will shred up in taxes. So ionno boys it might be a long road back to the top.

Our next best shot at a free agent superstar pick up is the superstar who either grew up in LA/SoCal or has an extreme affinity for everything Lakers when growing up.
So whoever that is we have a high chance of getting.

Only person I can think of is Love. But he will be traded away before we get a chance at him. And he makes himself sound like more of a NorCal dude as opposed to Hollywood.

Quality post. The thing is, what SUPERSTAR are you talking about? In 3-5 years, guys are gonna get older. LBJ today is not the LBJ 2 or 3 years from now.

How can you even support management? If there intentions were to make a run at LBJ or Melo, why sign Kobe to that contract? More so, having the cap doesn‘t mean you are gonna be able to court a super star.

The sole issue is that Kobe is on the last stages of his career, and management is not used to it. If pleasing fans was all LA cared about, then this is a terrible way, as some have said it, for Kobe to go out.

If they are committed to rebuilding, why sign Kobe to that deal? Pretty obvious. LA was never committed to winning when they double downed in Nash, Howard, and most of all, inking Bryant for two more years.

:smh: What my team has become.

Kobe signing ended up being a stop-gap move, didn't want to believe.........didn't want to believe....

J-Lin purely a stop-gap move as well, with the added bonus of a draft pick. Whooptie doo...At least he'll be a hit in the merchandising department.

Ah well, can't knock the Buss family for cashing in on Kobe. Might as well cash out more with Lin.

Here's hoping Julius can be more than just another Z-Bo or Boozer. But I guess I'd be content if he turns out to be Z-Bo. I guess....

Last edited:
The Chicago Bulls will trade Anthony Randolph and two second round picks to the Orlando Magic to clear additional cap space.

Randolph will be waived by the Magic.

The Bulls are trying to fit in Pau Gasol and Nikola Mirotic into their salary cap.

:smh:

I know they are only second rounders...but anything would have helped.

I bet Mitch was trying to get rid of nash. I get it...but you don't let pau walk for nothing...

i thought the same thing. why let gasol walk,.if this was the case, they shoulda traded him last year. so silly,

I keep seeing people saying Nick Young took a paycut...from who? Was there anybody offering him 5 mil/year or a 4 year deal? I find that really hard to believe. Lakers got caught panicking and bidding against themselves, just call it what it is.

I keep seeing people saying Nick Young took a paycut...from who? Was there anybody offering him 5 mil/year or a 4 year deal? I find that really hard to believe. Lakers got caught panicking and bidding against themselves, just call it what it is.

another stop-gap move. he's a popular player that sells merchandise, is fan-friendly and will put butts in seats.

And he was making $1.1 million last year.

Yeah, nothing about his new deal says "paycut"

Last edited:
another stop-gap move. he's a popular player that sells merchandise, is fan-friendly and will put butts in seats.

A stop gap move would have been giving him a 2 year deal, they gave him 4 years with a player option in year 4. Doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Relevant:
Sources: Nation's top high school guard likely to play overseas

The nation's No. 1 high school guard, Southern Methodist University signee Emmanuel Mudiay of Dallas, will likely hire an agent and take a job playing basketball overseas next season, sources told Yahoo Sports.

SMU coach Larry Brown told associates within the basketball industry Monday that he expects Mudiay to leave the university, sources told Yahoo Sports, and the coach is working to fill Mudiay's scholarship spot with a transfer guard.

Mudiay, an explosive 6-foot-5 guard, has been projected as a lottery pick in the 2015 NBA draft. The Chinese Basketball Association has been discussed as a possible destination for Mudiay, a native of the Congo.

Mudiay had conversations with Brown and university officials about his ability to become academically eligible to play his freshman year, sources told Yahoo Sports. Mudiay wanted to play for the Hall of Fame coach at his hometown school, but there were concerns about the NCAA clearing him to play for the 2014-15 season, sources said.

Mudiay attended Prime Prep Academy in Dallas.

Representatives of Mudiay have reached out to prospective agents and shoe companies about possible partnerships with the prospect, sources said. Mudiay was born in Zaire and escaped war-torn Congo before settling in the United States with his family.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...d-considering-playing-overseas-155248029.html
Given the whole age limit for the NBA I'm completely behind HS players foregoing college if they don't want ppl to just make millions off of them, and I know ppl say they get treated like royalty but they're gonna get that treatment when they go pro anyway and get paid.

Only thing is I hope dude doesn't get locked in to a long contract in China :lol:

A stop gap move would have been giving him a 2 year deal, they gave him 4 years with a player option in year 4. Doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

stop-gap in the sense that he provides entertainment value.

he assuages some of the pain of watching the Lakers not contend by being a fan favorite.

Not in the sense that he is adding anything of actual basketball pertinence. He's a volume scorer that can't play a lick of defense and really does not help our win/loss ratio.

In fact I'm sure he detracts from it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom