• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
come to think of that trade...we really sold at the right time on LO. 
Should've asked for Fernandez with the first round pick.

Kapono and Glock (as much as I loved him) should not have been the primary backups for Kobe that year.

Was Murphy in the offseason too? He had just gotten waived by the Celtics, right?

:x thinking about it.

Last edited:
62568_original.gif
That always makes me laugh man :lol:

I always got the sense that Mitch knew LO was going to be trouble, that's why he traded him for nothing.

Almost getting traded for CP3 probably needled his existing issues and created friction with the Lakers. But I doubt it's the whole reason why his life became so f'd up.

Last edited:
I'm w/ vrai: the whole LO meltdown was absolutely because of the 'trade'. He thought he was family, and then "Buh-bye," and then "Basketball reasons, so... just kidding! No 'buh-bye'!"

That was just too much feels for him.

Last edited:
I always got the sense that Mitch knew LO was going to be trouble, that's why he traded him for nothing.

Almost getting traded for CP3 probably needled his existing issues and created friction with the Lakers. But I doubt it's the whole reason why his life became so f'd up.
He was a pothead.......then turned into a crackhead
:smh: Damn shame, if he just kept clean and had a good work ethic, he would be at least a Top 20 player

I'm w/ vrai: the whole LO meltdown was absolutely because of the 'trade'. He thought he was family, and then "Buh-bye," and then "Basketball reasons, so... just kidding! No 'buh-bye'!"

That was just too much feels for him.

Yeah:

After a couple of days to cool off, Lamar Odom, through his agent, made it clear he was still angry about being included in the vetoed Chris Paul trade, and he wanted to be dealt. Kupchak got the vibe this feeling wasn't about to pass, so he made some calls to deal Lamar ASAP. Why the hurry? The desire to maintain flexibility moving forward, and he felt this could be damaged by waiting, then being forced to take on undesirable players to match salaries. Dallas had the space to absorb LO, so that was that. Was it easy to move Lamar to a contender within the conference? No, but the decision was deemed necessary, given the circumstances.

"You have to make a judgment," Kupchak said. "Is he going to carry this with him for the rest of the season? Is he not going to play as well? Are you going to have an opportunity [to trade him] that we have now? We made that decision."

I only say he might've had existing issues because something told Mitch the anger wasn't gonna pass. But that's me reading between the lines.

It could be as simple as LO being a sensitive dude and Mitch knowing it. And also the "Khloe & Lamar" sideshow which the Lakers weren't too happy with :lol:

I just think what happened next with LO - his immediate decline in skill, his lack of will, marriage problems, his drug use - couldn't have all come just because one team didn't want him anymore. Even if that team had a family vibe. There had to be other reasons brewing for him to fall that hard.

Right? :frown:

Last edited:
I hope you're talkin about CP3.
Don't you remember his Clippers/Heat days? Even though the dude was lazy as hell, he consistently got double doubles and made plays with ease. The talent was obvious. Problem was that he's mentally weak.

I hope you're talkin about CP3.
Don't you remember his Clippers/Heat days? Even though the dude was lazy as hell, he consistently got double doubles and made plays with ease. The talent was obvious. Problem was that he's mentally weak.

I am quite familiar with LO. He was never, at any point, ever, a top 20 player in the NBA. Ever.

And I feel pretty safe in saying, that as he advanced, in age, at 32-33, he wasn't about to join the top 20 then, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom