• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's potentially bad because they just re-signed a 29 year old one dimensional player to a four year contract.

It's potentially good because he does one thing sort of well and his contract won't kill the Lakers, especially if the cap rises as much as some people predict. And he's a fan favorite.

you guys are tripping if you think that swaggy contract is bad. if the lakers reload and somehow find a way to contend in the next 2 years, that contract will be a steal. its not like the lakers have a deep bench. his scoring will be needed.

It's potentially bad because they just re-signed a 29 year old one dimensional player to a four year contract.

It's potentially good because he does one thing sort of well and his contract won't kill the Lakers, especially if the cap rises as much as some people predict. And he's a fan favorite.

The thing he does well... Always in demand. That's why it is not a bad contract.

sb sb I wouldn't call it a steal. It's less than what a 6th man gets, yes. But not a steal because the extra mil or 2 we saved on the market for him is a drop in the bucket.

Last edited:
Shot creation will always be in demand, but he has to be making the shots like he was last season. Otherwise...

Any time you can sign a 40% shooter at 29, for five and a half million, when he'll be 33, we gotta do it, right? :lol:

It's not Kobe contract bad, but it's a bad contract. Clearly I don't rail against it like I did Kobe's, but that doesn't mean it's good money spent.

You can tier it if you want.

Kobe deal

Joe Johnson deal

Nick Young deal

Steph Curry deal

:lol:

i think we steal that 8th spot in the west.

LETS GO!

View media item 1098265

P3zyl8Kl.jpg

I'm impressed with what we've done this offseason given the circumstances and relatively weak pool of unrestricted FAs.

Can't believe dudes are really talkin bout we should have kept MDA, what has he really accomplished in the NBA? And those pre or post game MDA interviews.....holy hell

Tell ya what, IF Nick opts out, then I won't be as hard on the deal. Still not good, but less bad at least.

Nick Young wasn't a bad move.. The people who say it's a terrible deal are the least objective people on the matter.

So youre saying 92% of ppl on this thread are purely SUBJECTIVE?

Im pro nick young as long as he stays in his shoes/does the little things (that charge in detroit, for example)...do what hes told to do-drop 13 off the bench nightly.

Last edited:

thats the issue, his lifestyle will affect his.committment and passion. guys like Lin, Kobe, and the two.rookies look more motivated. remember off court events affect players. his shot creation aint nothing special though. he simply launches. anyone can do that, thats why guys like melo, kd and nick look good. he sure is athletic enough. but i will highly doubt he will change. the key guy will always be the guy that facillitatws IMHO, either Lin or KB will be doing this.

To be fair, he just turned 29 last month, the Lakers contract will be from age 29 to 32, didn't jerry west always say a player's prime is from age 28 to 32?

Xavier, swaggy, Wes, Lin, clarkson, randle can potentially be really fun to watch

I like b scott but hopefully he doesn't slow the game down

Um, give him the 2nd year option, and fire him after a year if you want, no diff than giving Scott a new 2 year deal, which certainly won't get extended either.

Mike wanted 1 option year picked up. One.

We downgraded at coach, again, over a single year.

Stupid, stupid foresight. Trying to create stability, a unified front, look like a team trying to build something, hassle the coach over 1 single year. :smh:

I mean they could have given him the option but they didn't...and he quit.

It's your personal opinion that we down graded.

We haven't seen what Scott will do with these players.

You want to talk about what he did with the cavs and nets...

I could point out so much that mike did wrong with the lakers and suns.

All I'm saying before we kill Scott, let's see what he brings to the table with this franchise.

But in a way wouldn't it be bad if he does well? That messes up your plan for the top 5 pick.

(Which we won't get anyway)

Sooooo is anyone excited for this season or what?

Figure I'd ask, so we can stop regurgitating tired topics.

Last edited:
Already prepared mentally and psychologically. Instead of losing 132-115, well just lose 106-100.

Semi srs.

But, srsly...wanna see how this roster as it stands gels/develops over the preseason. And boozer at center...........

View media item 1098421

I mean they could have given him the option but they didn't...and he quit.

It's your personal opinion that we down graded.

We haven't seen what Scott will do with these players.

You want to talk about what he did with the cavs and nets...

I could point out so much that mike did wrong with the lakers and suns.

All I'm saying before we kill Scott, let's see what he brings to the table with this franchise.

But in a way wouldn't it be bad if he does well? That messes up your plan for the top 5 pick.

(Which we won't get anyway)

PREACH!! [emoji]128588[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom