2014-2015 NCAA / NFL Gear

Hey guys, NDC has the FSU Hypercool 3.0 baselayers available, sizes S, M, L. It doesn't say out of stock for the other 3 schools, but once you click on them, it says OOS. That sucks but at least one school is up lol.

damn no oregon.. i cant believe other sites selling for 80.

I can totally believe it; its a hyped product and Nike has never released the Pro Combat baselayers before for any team. I was checking NDC every day hoping the FSU would become available. I have no clue about the other colleges, its so random. They had some sizes two days ago and then went OOS fast. There is no rhyme or reason to them being available, then not on the site.

Hey man, as we speak, Eastbay literally just dropped their price to $60, size M and XXL is all that is left in the Oregon, go go go!

Last edited:
I can totally believe it; its a hyped product and Nike has never released the Pro Combat baselayers before for any team. I was checking NDC every day hoping the FSU would become available. I have no clue about the other colleges, its so random. They had some sizes two days ago and then went OOS fast. There is no rhyme or reason to them being available, then not on the site.

Hey man, as we speak, Eastbay literally just dropped their price to $60, size M and XXL is all that is left in the Oregon, go go go!

damn i read this too late.. sold out. thank you though!

I don't know about that though; the Flyknit material already makes them a different price point, so wouldn't think they would go down in price. Here's hoping though.

I am very stoked as well for the baselayers to release; that never happens when they make a new uni with baselayer options.

The 3.0s were what? 150 for the team branded vs 50 for unbranded? The summer rerelease saw them at 90.

Now the unbranded Knits are at 65 vs 150 for branded, so I wouldn't besurprised to see the team-branded at $100 or so in the summer. I would be surprised to see that $150 price point stick.

The 3.0s were what? 150 for the team branded vs 50 for unbranded? The summer rerelease saw them at 90.

Now the unbranded Knits are at 65 vs 150 for branded, so I wouldn't besurprised to see the team-branded at $100 or so in the summer. I would be surprised to see that $150 price point stick.

valid points, but since this is the first playoff in college football.. everythings going to be bought up, and i think that people are just going to have to wait to see how the story lines play out. gonna be more limited if oregon makes championship and then even more if they win.. or who wins for that matter.

^That could certainly be the case, the playoff situation is a new deal so a chance for Nike to set different pricing standards.

As an aside, Nike Chicago has a full run of the OSU baselayers. They look nice in-person, would pick one up if I didn't have it coming from NDC.

Its odd because NDC has Oregon, OSU, and Bama at $150; FSU is at $125. The same prices are like that on Swoosh too; $90 for the 3, and $75 for FSU, must be little aberration there. We shall see when they re-release to see the price points; but nothing that is high-priced surprises me with Nike anymore.

The baselayer issue is something else; everyone wants them, yet Nike playing games with people on the web, showing OOS then coming soon, then random sizes up, then OOS again. Its weird.

Last edited:
chicago? OSU? whaaaa? maybe i should check nike town georgetown and then nyc this weekend, ill report back with my findings.
Chicago follows college sports a ton, but loyalty is divided amongst the Big Ten conference teams and Notre Dame. I'd venture to say Michigan has the biggest fan base in the area, but they're adidas. Northwestern and ND are the closest but both UA. Illinois is the state flagship university but doesn't really move product (there was a fair amount in early autumn after Illinois' rebrand).

Thus, Nike Chicago sticks with Ohio State and Michigan State for college gear. Having the largest university in the country doesn't hurt OSU, obviously.

The place where I found the best obscure stuff was the Nike Yardline store at Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ. They carried some Don Bosco HS gear, but also Army/Navy baselayers from 2011. Interesting because NJ/NY seemed to be a pro-oriented area in the six years I was there.

Nike trolling us again with the baselayers; on NDC, all four schools now say coming soon lol. Its like a lottery game on when these actually pop up for sale :tongue:

Chicago follows college sports a ton, but loyalty is divided amongst the Big Ten conference teams and Notre Dame. I'd venture to say Michigan has the biggest fan base in the area, but they're adidas. Northwestern and ND are the closest but both UA. Illinois is the state flagship university but doesn't really move product (there was a fair amount in early autumn after Illinois' rebrand).

Thus, Nike Chicago sticks with Ohio State and Michigan State for college gear. Having the largest university in the country doesn't hurt OSU, obviously.

The place where I found the best obscure stuff was the Nike Yardline store at Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ. They carried some Don Bosco HS gear, but also Army/Navy baselayers from 2011. Interesting because NJ/NY seemed to be a pro-oriented area in the six years I was there.

damn i missed out on those army/navy base layers. oh okay that makes sense. yeah OSU and UT austin have the largest in the nation.. I would have guessed NW university, but Michigan state and OSU sounds about right too.

I would never wear gear from any other college other than the one I attended, but I would def rock an army or navy base layer. Damn.

You guys see this? Miami and Nike may be over after a 26-year run. That would be really odd to see and with Arizona State just leaving for adidas in 2015, this is another sign that colleges want more money from Nike. The top 4 over paid colleges are adidas schools, Michigan, Kansas, UCLA, and now ASU. Its obvious that UA and adidas can poach other colleges from Nike by forking over more money than Nike is willing to shell out.

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...between-nike-university-of-miami-may-be-over/

^^That's interesting, I have a feeling Miami will go with UA. Nike need to stop playing and get Michigan back :\

^^That's interesting, I have a feeling Miami will go with UA. Nike need to stop playing and get Michigan back
ohwell.gif
And Nebraska but that will never happen..

And Nebraska but that will never happen..

I would never rule it out; but Nike will not overpay for these colleges, they dominate it so much, they don't need to bow down to these schools like adidas is doing. The top four overpaid schools according to retail sales and a lot of other factors are Michigan, Kansas, UCLA, and ASU. Not a coincidence that they are all adidas colleges. 45 of the top 65 power 5 conference teams are Nike. ASU just switched because adidas is paying them twice the amount Nike was willing to pay them; they just don't NEED these schools. It's not like ASU is a premier team for the Swoosh.

As soon as Nebraska starts to play in the New Years 6 bowl games they'll go back to Nike, same can be said about Michigan.

As soon as Nebraska starts to play in the New Years 6 bowl games they'll go back to Nike, same can be said about Michigan.

Go back to Nike? Nebraska has never been Nike; at least their unis. They wore Nike cleats back in the early 80's but then started wearing adidas cleats and then officially had adidas unis. However their current deal with adidas ends in 2018 and they were in heavy talks with Nike when their contract was expiring with adidas in 2013.

Michigan, now that's another story. They left Nike in a huge huff because of labor practices and there was a ton of hurt feelings on both sides. I really don't see them going back, especially since they have the largest adidas deal among all the schools and the 2nd-largest within all of college athletics.

Back
Top Bottom