2014-2015 NCAA / NFL Gear

Dont know if this is appropriate for this thread but the trainers players were wearing in the pro bowl released today on NDC. Nike Zoom Speed TR 95$

i've been wearing nike football cleats for about 9 years now and havent come across any that i've really found comfortable since the vapor jets back in 2007. i've tried a lot of the newer stuff the past few years with the vapor carbons and vapor talons but when i went tts it was way too tight and hurt my achilles. does anyone have any recommendations for cleats these days that are really comfortable? i play in multiple flag football leagues as qb/wr/cb so i like lows. ive been seeing a lot of alpha pros on eastbay but didnt know how well they fit.

question posted by Minhsanity

in the NFL/NCAA Feet & Gear: '13-'14 Seasons Football Equipment/Cleats/Gloves/Jerseys etc. thread.

I think Alpha Pros would be your best bet. The flywire provides great lockdown and adapts to your foot shape. The midsole is also thicker for more support than the vapor line. You can check out a more detailed review here.

I think Alpha Pros would be your best bet. The flywire provides great lockdown and adapts to your foot shape. The midsole is also thicker for more support than the vapor line. You can check out a more detailed review here.

thanks man. would you say the alphas are better than this years vapors? great videos on youtube btw. 

Thanks! No cleat is better or worse than another. It all depends on what you want in a cleat. It seemed like you wanted support and cushioning and wanted lows. The alphas would get you there. The entire vapor line is a minimalist cleat. Super lightweight which means sacrifice in cushioning.

Most new Football cleats aren't very comfortable

I would recommend trying to find some old 2k4 cleats or Hyperfly

Thanks! No cleat is better or worse than another. It all depends on what you want in a cleat. It seemed like you wanted support and cushioning and wanted lows. The alphas would get you there. The entire vapor line is a minimalist cleat. Super lightweight which means sacrifice in cushioning.
i just found your review on the alphas. basically detailed everything i needed. im gonna give it a shot! thanks for your input

Cutters have a new receiver glove:

Rev Pro Receiver Glove

Debating between a couple of new gloves for my upcoming rec season.

Anyone try either the Cutters Rev Pro or Vapor 3.0?

and is it justifying to spend $30 more for Vapor Carbons over the Alpha Lows? I'm a slotback/running back.

Thanks guys.

I've used all sorts of cleats since I have played football. This is my senior year and I'm playing quarterback. I run the triple option and I am looking for a fast comfortable stable cleat. I used the ua highlights I've tried the Adidas adizero 2.0 and the first vapor carbon. I bought the new hulk ua highlights but I'm thinking about buying the new vapor carbon 2014s any recommendations?

G Sports gloves are getting more popular.  They just came out with some cuff-less gloves.  First I've seen.

Sick! Saw that today on Instagram. 

Possibility of an id version? Anyone? Would help me a lot to decide if I´ll buy a pair of stocks or not. 
Every single vapor carbon before released on id. So I hope there is a chance.

Sick! Saw that today on Instagram. 

Possibility of an id version? Anyone? Would help me a lot to decide if I´ll buy a pair of stocks or not. 
Every single vapor carbon before released on id. So I hope there is a chance.
I'm really hoping id is an option! The only downside would be the price. I'd imagine it'd be around $200 if not more. Also, that may just be a Miami Dolphins colorway!

Back
Top Bottom