2014 Audi A3 Sedan - RS3 coming to the US

300 HP and and under 40k?

If thats true for the s3 then i may have to ditch my BMW and get this.

I strongly dislike the way they did the new lights. Ill be getting a 2010 or 2011 a6 next year.

what's the point of this? to make something cheaper than the a4 but have more appeal than the regular a3?
***** ugly

we all know the 1series and the 3 series is ******** on anything in its class though rite gaise

thats what i was thinking

The A3 has been around the US since 2005 but only in wagon form. I think they are trying to expand the line by offering a more US friendly sedan. I think this has been a long time coming not necessarily a reaction to the CLA. Maybe more so a reaction to 1 series. Not to mention the A4 is getting bigger every year so a throw back in size to the B5 might induce more sales.

UPDATE: We were able to confirm a few more facts with Audi representatives this evening. The A3 engines that will be headed to the US are the 2.0-liter TDI, 1.8-liter TFSI and the 2.0-liter TFSI. It was also reiterated that the car will make it's "official" world debut at the Shanghai auto show next month, and will not be on sale in this country until the 2015 model year.

S3

Talking with Audi experts at this little get-together and shoving some numbers around, the (technically speaking) 2015 Audi S3 sedan should start at right near $39,000. US S3 sedans come standard with a sunroof, 18-inch wheels, full leather, Sirius satellite radio, the three-spoke sport steering wheel with shift paddles for the also-standard six-speed S-tronic, and fully automated adjustable sport seats. Unfortunately, no six-speed manual shifting will be offered.

Propelled by the ubiquitous 2.0-liter TFSI engine, the S3 sedan with six-speed S-tronic should reach 60 miles per hour from a stop in 4.7 seconds. The unit here is tuned to produce 296 SAE horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque, putting it square between the TTS tune and that of the supercharged-V6 S4. Quattro all-wheel drive comes on all S3 sedans and the engine sits beneath a fully redesigned hood with two clean creases running the length on either side.

Interior
View media item 337360View media item 337361

I saw a few a3's in person and they're ok...

The S will be great I imagine, as always Audi does a fantastic job in the interior department. The flat bottom wheel on the S is a nice touch

nthat.gif

I've always liked the A3 hatch but really I would have opted for a GTI or Gold R for the price. I also prefer the 2 door hatch version of the Golf over the 4-door hatch the A3 came in.

Last edited:
I've always liked the A3 hatch but really I would have opted for a GTI or Golf R for the price. I also prefer the 2 door hatch version of the Golf over the 4-door hatch the A3 came in.

agree with all this

Last edited:
I've always liked the A3 hatch but really I would have opted for a GTI or Gold R for the price. I also prefer the 2 door hatch version of the Golf over the 4-door hatch the A3 came in.

I don't want to derail the thread with why, but I'd go with a Golf R over an A3 as well :lol:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom