2014 Lexus IS Leaked Photos

This is a surprise, C&D picked the IS350 FSport over the 335i and ATS 3.6.
http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...s-36-2014-lexus-is350-f-sport-comparison-test

Habemus Papem! Like the installation of Francis, the world’s first Latin American pontiff, the crowning of a Lexus as the high priest of the sports-sedan world is something few saw coming—until we dove into the twisting, climbing, kinking, plunging roads around Leakey, Texas.

We didn’t see it coming because, on any other type of road, the IS clearly exhibits Lexus’s traditional top priority: serenity. On typical highway surfaces, minute twitches in the steering wheel and nearly imperceptible shifts of the body offer only the slightest hint of what lurks within. But charge into a series of quick bends and the IS completely changes its character. Turn-in is crisper in the Lexus than in either the BMW or the Cadillac, a fact borne out by its first-place slalom finish in spite of a mediocre skidpad performance. More important, the Lexus is utterly imperturbable. Bumps that send other cars skittering off-line or scrambling to maintain their course are absorbed and dispatched, but not kept completely hidden from the driver.

It used to be that, in this class, there was a clear divide in terms of refinement between the BMW inline-six and the engines offered by competitors. That gap is rapidly shrinking. Both the Cadillac’s and the Lexus’s Vs are surprisingly close to the BMW straight-six, but the IS’s is smoother than the ATS’s. And its eight-speed automatic is quicker and more seamless than the Caddy’s six-speed though basically on par with BMW’s transmission.

Additionally, the Lexus is lavishly, indulgently comfortable. Its front seats are an ergonomic feat, perfectly cupped and padded with no tangible break between back and bottom cushions, just one immaculate sweep of support from shoulders to thighs. Our drivers, trapped within a wide array of body types, unanimously swooned. Yes, the BMW is slightly more spacious in the rear, but nobody anywhere in that car is as comfortable as the people in the front of the Lexus. It’s a good thing we have so few other complaints about the IS, though, because its mouse-operated infotainment system burns through our good will in short order and turns us into sputtering, apoplectic maniacs. “Distracted driving” is a rallying cry for safety advocates everywhere; this device is infotainment’s nadir, a deserving flashpoint for a revolution against its kind.

Every other negative gets turned around when you wake the IS up, though. Its variable-ratio steering, seemingly overboosted and a touch slow in highway travel, comes alive on coursing two-lanes, quickening and taking on a pleasing heft. The brake pedal feels a tad touchy when commuting, but reacts more predictably under duress, better coordinating pressure to stopping power. The IS manages to be both typically Lexus-civil and delightfully capable (its stops are still the longest, though). Roman Catholicism preaches transubstantiation, the belief that consecrated bread and wine become flesh and blood. The manner in which the Lexus transforms from innocuous to vivid is nearly as miraculous.

It's a shame a MT is no longer available in the next gen of sedans (only Audi/BMW left?)

The interior is amazing, best part of the exterior is the wheels (LFA), it's very progressive so it's hard for me to like it immediately, I do prefer the non-sport at this point

ISF Coupe, still in camo but I like what I am seeing.

I definitely like this. I think the proportions are way more balanced then the 3rd gen IS. I read that this could also be a GS coupe based on the tail lights matching the current GS or possibly a new model the RCF. Either way I think it will be the best looking lexus after the LFA.

I actually saw a 2014 is350 f sport in person (black). It wasn't bad at all in person

They messed up the headlights badly :smh: Trying to appeal to the rich hypebeast crowd...

New

vs

Mine

grin.gif
I'm lowkey jealous
Your's is still nice too, the newer one just looks more souped up. Is the new one faster than a 3 series? 

Sadly, it's not. It is the exact engine in the last gen.

One thing with the V6 though, it is much, much smoother and nicer than the 3series turbo I4. Driving the last gen IS and Z4 (same exact engine in the 328i) and it is like night and day. Z4 definitely feels more aggressive while the Lexus felt more luxurious.

Last edited:
Not sure what they are going with the ISF though. I hope they keep the V8 and tune it for more power.

Lexus may have pulled a fast one on us. The car our spy shooters spotted yesterday may not, in fact, be an IS F Coupe as we indicated. Rather, the car shown above may be a new model, dubbed RC, that will arrive at this year's Tokyo Motor Show.

Following a report from Automotive News, the RC is believed to be a pure coupe, rather than a hardtop convertible. This gels with information provided on the IS sedan's launch, when Lexus spokespeople said the IS Convertible would remain on the current platform. With styling based on the LF-CC from the 2012 Paris show, the new car will share a rear-drive platform with the IS and GS sedans.

Power is expected to come from a 3.5-liter V6 that turns out 306 horsepower. That car will likely wear the RC 350 badge. A hybrid model is expected to follow, but in a twist, it won't be coming to the US. The big news, though, is that the RC will spawn an RC F.

Sources told AN that a 460-hp V8 will replace the 416-hp mill found in the current IS F, allowing the RC F to really duke it out with Stuttgart, Munich, and Ingolstadt.

Where does that leave the IS F? We can't be sure, but with Mercedes-Benz and BMW both offering (now or in the future) fast, compact sedans, we wouldn't bet on Lexus sitting out. We can expect to see a production RC F at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, with examples arriving in dealers later that year.

What? I throw the peel on the dash instead of on the floor or the seat after I've eaten a banana. Haha

View media item 498359Took a pic of the new 350 F Sport. It doesn't look bad at all. :pimp:

Bro the banana on the dash... Lololol

:rofl: :lol:

That updated interior is just bringing it up to par with the current GS interior/lexus sedan lineup(is, es, gs, ls). I have a '13 IS 250 want that updated interior so bad :wow:

Not 100% with the new body design but I'm sure it will grow on me. The grill is ehhh, I can live with it.... The separation of the LED running lights and headlights is what throws me off currently :x

Lexus may have pulled a fast one on us. The car our spy shooters spotted yesterday may not, in fact, be an IS F Coupe as we indicated. Rather, the car shown above may be a new model, dubbed RC, that will arrive at this year's Tokyo Motor Show.

Following a report from Automotive News, the RC is believed to be a pure coupe, rather than a hardtop convertible. This gels with information provided on the IS sedan's launch, when Lexus spokespeople said the IS Convertible would remain on the current platform. With styling based on the LF-CC from the 2012 Paris show, the new car will share a rear-drive platform with the IS and GS sedans.

Power is expected to come from a 3.5-liter V6 that turns out 306 horsepower. That car will likely wear the RC 350 badge. A hybrid model is expected to follow, but in a twist, it won't be coming to the US. The big news, though, is that the RC will spawn an RC F.

Sources told AN that a 460-hp V8 will replace the 416-hp mill found in the current IS F, allowing the RC F to really duke it out with Stuttgart, Munich, and Ingolstadt.

Where does that leave the IS F? We can't be sure, but with Mercedes-Benz and BMW both offering (now or in the future) fast, compact sedans, we wouldn't bet on Lexus sitting out. We can expect to see a production RC F at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, with examples arriving in dealers later that year.

An RC350 & RC F?! That **** sounds real :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom