2014 NBA Draft Thread

2 PG systems work. Especially if one of them can play defense. Burke showed that he's great in the PnR, can shoot, and makes very smart decisions.

Exum and Burke are gonna be perfect :smokin

Last edited:
For some odd reason, I think we are going to look back at this draft 5 years from now and say "I can't believe Marcus Smart didn't go #1 or #2". Maybe I end up being wrong, but I really think he's going to be a star.

I heard Exum isn't a great passer

All it is with Exum is "I heard that" or "scouts say"

Dudes basically going off of his showcase at the World Summit and a few Youtube videos to claim that he's going to x, y or z :lol:

I'm prepared to be disappointed most by Exum since nobody's really seen much of him yet his expectations are rising sky high

I haven't seem him play honestly but I saw he averaged around 4 assists that seems low for the next great point guard, so I'm wondering where the pg hype is coming from.

This

Dudes ball handling has gotten exponetially better. When he firt got into the league people thought of him as a combo guard because of his weak handle, but now he's a legitimate ball handling point guard.
Steph been breaking ankles since college.. Either u never watched him in colllege or u have amnesia. Kid was doing crossover pull ups since forever dude.

For some odd reason, I think we are going to look back at this draft 5 years from now and say "I can't believe Marcus Smart didn't go #1 or #2". Maybe I end up being wrong, but I really think he's going to be a star.

Agree.

Will bet everything he becomes the first allstar of this class.

Last edited:
He's getting his 15+ per game first year. He cares too much about the little things in the game him not to be a winner. Add that to his skill. Add in the fact that he can body any guard that has to guard him. Add in the fact hes in Boston.

If I wasn't picking McDermott as ROY based on Chicagos need for immediate offense, He'd be my pick

I honestly feel that Gordon is gonna disappoint man

I like the situation he was drafted into. He's going to get minutes early. So many players with his raw skillset dont pan out due to just being drafted into ****** situations

He's getting his 15+ per game first year. He cares too much about the little things in the game him not to be a winner. Add that to his skill. Add in the fact that he can body any guard that has to guard him. Add in the fact hes in Boston.

If I wasn't picking McDermott as ROY based on Chicagos need for immediate offense, He'd be my pick
I really worry about Smart's jump shot to be honest. I don't have the same comfort in saying he'll body any guard as easily as you say either.. I could see him struggling to score if he can't dribble drive by defenders. I could also see him starting slow and eventually coming around by the end of the season or in a few years.

I really worry about Smart's jump shot to be honest. I don't have the same comfort in saying he'll body any guard as easily as you say either.. I could see him struggling to score if he can't dribble drive by defenders. I could also see him starting slow and eventually coming around by the end of the season or in a few years.
A jump shot is one of those things that anybody can attain though. You gotta know he's working on that hard. He's got Rondo, for now anyway. Hes going to be getting dimed on the reg man.

I'm liking his situation 1000%.

This also why I think McDermott will have alot of success. Rose is going to create alot of open shots for him because he demands so much attention from everyone on the court, when he has the ball.

I don't know, just how I feel. 

A jump shot is one of those things that anybody can attain though. You gotta know he's working on that hard. He's got Rondo, for now anyway. Hes going to be getting dimed on the reg man.

This also why I think McDermott will have alot of success. Rose is going to create alot of open shots for him because he demands so much attention from everyone on the court, when he has the ball.

When you look at Boston's lineup, where does the jump shooting come from? Green? It'll be interesting to see how they operate their half court offense with a backcourt of Rondo/Smart, both whom struggle with their jump shot. It'll be interesting to see how teams defend them if Boston struggles to spread the floor..

He should always be able to fall back on his defense so he should be OK there.

Last edited:
I feel like Gordon is going to succeed and be a solid to very good pro.. but if the rest of the class pans out or does exceedingly well, they'll say he didn't live up to the #4 pick.

Especially for Orlando. I think Exum is going to be a star.. and I think Smart will be right there behind him. I like Payton, I think he'll be solid.. but Exum and Smart's potential is far higher. I get what they went for.. they knew they wouldn't get someone like Gordon at 12, so you take him at 4 and still get your PG... I get it. But you had a chance at two superior PGs and that might be the decision we look back on and question.

When you look at Boston's lineup, where does the jump shooting come from? Green? It'll be interesting to see how they operate their half court offense with a backcourt of Rondo/Smart, both whom struggle with their jump shot. It'll be interesting to see how teams defend them if Boston struggles to spread the floor..

He should always be able to fall back on his defense so he should be OK there.
I hear you. They both have been criticized for their jumpshot. Their jumpshots aren't automatic, but they aren't terrible either. They don't suck

i dont see either but what if he bulks up?? He already looks to have added some muscle since march

Like damn near 90% of most player comparisons. Its like people just mention whoever looks as physically similar as possible.

Do they share the same complexion? Are they both similar heights and builds?

That's all you need for most comparisons :lol:

Back
Top Bottom