2014 NBA Draft Thread

It be like that man :lol:

More productive in the night sometimes, plus it's easy to catch up on all the sports that took place today

You believe in Anderson as a 3 at the next level? I worry about him on the wing defensively

I do. Crazily believed in him more than Bazz coming into UCLA. Might not be so wrong. Well-rounded game. Jack of all trades, master of nothing.

Evan Turner is a cheap, quick comparison.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, he should have been making good use of the weight room at UCLA to improve because you don't wanna be a wing player with the nickname Slo-Mo

He has great size/court vision and I love him as a 4 year college player but idk about him in the NBA

Last edited:
he should consider it because that offense doesnt really suit him just like westbrook

Last edited:
It's a shame the media and folks name drop comparisons with no shame for these prospects. Embiid looks nice but damb why that commentator got to hype him up like that slobbering over him saying there's been no prospect in the past 25 years that's reminded him more of Hakeem?

Them two dudes from Kansas could likely turn out to be solid pros but when they're compared to James and the dream it just seems unnecessary and excessive

This year's draft is loaded. I'll admit, I didn't know about Levine until this week, but after watching highlights, that man is the truth.

I still believe Wiggins is the best prospect, but Embiid and Selden should be respected in their own right.

As a Duke fan, I can tell you that Jabari is gonna be something special. Melo is his comparison, but he has a much better all-around game.

The college game is so zone heavy wiggins cant get to his spot in the post & get a iso on his man, the nba will allow him to do that, the zone is exposing his lack of ball handling & a consistent jump shot. Hes gonna be a good nba player if he becomes the type that catches it in the post instead of sitting at the 3 point line waiting to take his man off the dribble

How is zone defense exposing Wiggins lack of ball handling and jump shot? It should be the exact opposite.

How is zone defense exposing Wiggins lack of ball handling and jump shot? It should be the exact opposite.
zone defenses trap the wing..
you dont necessarily have to be a premiere ball handler to beat your man off the dribble when your bigger and more athletic than your defender..he works off the ball well though which is why you are seeing him catch and shoot so much

Last edited:
Wiggins is the ultimate project player , unreal potential 

while Jabari is the smooth polished scorer, All said and done at least 5-7 franchise type players where you can build a team around 

Wiggins will never be Lebron.  At best maybe Paul George but I dont know how likely that will be, don't see why he's considered the top prospect

I'm not sold on him as #1 pick but he should become better than a Gerald Green at the very least.  

Just because a kid might be the most hyped since Lebron, doesn't mean he has to be as good or better to justify the hype.

If Wiggins ends up a perennial all-star and an elite NBA player, that's enough for me. You'll still have clowns calling him a bust if he's not an MVP within four years and come out and hate after every bad game the first few years.

He was called Canadian Lebron since he was 13.  Lebron lived up to the hype I don't think Wiggins will be anywhere near him.  Most likely won't even be as good as Paul George.  I'm already sure of that.  The question now is if he's worth the #1 overall pick in this strong draft with other strong prospects

Back
Top Bottom