2014 NBA Draft Thread

Them Gilbert boys must've sucked the hell out of David Stern's **** one last time to get the #1 pick AGAIN :smh:

The last time the #1 and #2 pick in the same draft came from the same school?

Never?

Last edited:
 It should've happened in 2010 with Wall and Cousins as well.
man, I remember that entire draft.

I was down in LB and drove up to my boy's in Studio city to watch it with him (he's a Kings fan), and we were sweating bullets hoping he would slip to us 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
what about AD and kidd gilchrist?

That's right. I don't know why I thought MKG was #3 :lol:

It should've happened in 2010 with Wall and Cousins as well.

Noooooooo.. What should have happened was the 76ers should have robbed the twolves blind.. They were in LOVEEEEeE with turner and desperate to move up

Then the 6ers should have taken cousin at 4

Glenn Rob 3 is gonna be the steal of the draft, that boy good...some mock drafts got him going second round [emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji]

That the beauty of the draft. Every pick is a risk.

down the line people will say they should've drafted _____ instead of ______.

That the beauty of the draft. Every pick is a risk.

down the line people will say they should've drafted _____ instead of ______.

I always wanted to see like..different timelines for this reason haha. I wish we could see a timeline where we see jordan playing for the blazers..kobe for the hornets..cwebber playing for the magic..etc.

Im a science geek so i know somewhere..this happened in a lifetime faaaaarrr away :pimp:

Glenn Rob 3 is gonna be the steal of the draft, that boy good...some mock drafts got him going second round [emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji]

why because of his "pedigree"?

He's not that good. Nowhere near the caliber of player his pops was.

You were close though, the steal of the draft might be his (former) teammate, Mitch McGary.

Last edited:

Expressing the feelings of America at large

Kings fan comment from reddit that I enjoyed:

On 1 hand you have the Kings. In 28 seasons in Sacramento we have made the playoffs 8 times. We got royally ****** in the 2002 WCF and should have won a Championship. We have never made the finals, and we have had 1 HOFer in the Sac era, possibly 1 more.
We have been in the lottery 19 times. In those 19 lotteries we have moved down 10 times. That's 52.6% of the time we pick lower than projected.
We have picked higher than our projected pick 1 time in 19 lotteries. That was in 1989 when we moved up from the projected 6th pick to the number 1 pick. It was a relatively weak draft, and we wasted our pick on Pervis Ellison.
In 19 years we have had only 2 top-3 picks, despite being projected for a top 3 pick 3 times. Our last top 3 was 1991 (13 lotteries ago). We had the projected number 1 in 2009 and picked 4th (the lowest we could possibly pick), missing out on Blake Griffin and James Harden.
Then you have the Cavs.
Since drafting LeBron James (1 of the best players ever to touch a basketball) 1st overall in 2003, the Cavs have made the playoffs 5 times. They've made 2 ECF's and made the Finals once.
Since Lebron left after the 2009-10 season, the Cavs have had a top 4 pick every year. In 2011 they had the #1 pick AND the #4 pick. They have won the lottery 3 times now in a 4 year span since their previous #1 pick left. Last year they moved up 2 spots to the #1, this year they moved up 8 SPOTS to get the #1 (the biggest lottery jump ever).
Despite all of this good fortune and this Golden Horseshoe placed firmly up their ***, they have somehow continuously managed to **** it up. They have also never won a Championship.
So the next time somebody from Cleveland complains about their bad luck, tell them to go **** themselves, because they are full of ****. They are one of the luckiest franchises in the NBA. They're just too stupid to do anything with it.

Last edited:
Simmons hit it right on the head tho.

I too wish ANYONE, even the CELTICS would've won the lotto. Yes even the Celtics.

Here's why.

1. Dan Gilbert is an unprofessional d-bag. Sure Bron Bron handled Free-Agency poorly, "The Decision" was in poor taste, but Dan Gilbert managed to trump Bron making a spectacle of himself by his commentary towards Bron. Who does that? Seriously? Are you an NBA exec or are you a ******* idiot?

2. He got the CP3 to Lakers trade vetoed. This d-bag and his team of misfits play in the East yet this guy is SO Insecure and butthurt since Bron left that he had to get the CP3 deal shot down just so he can sleep better at night.

3. He's got the IQ of an amoeba. This guy has had all the fortune in the world but couldn't piece together a championship if his life literally depended on it.

Terrible owner. Absolutely garbage. Luol Deng was there for 3 minutes and wanted to leave. Noted how sloppy and uncoordinated/unprofessional the practices were.

The Cavs are a garbage organization and it's all because of Dan Gilbert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom