2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pau made the playoffs three times with Memphis and never won a playoff game. That's not that much better. Plus, he did have slightly better supporting casts (and far better coaches).

D-Will had Carlos Boozer at his All-Star level. They also had AK-47 come on, Mehmet Okur, etc. And, one of the greatest coaches of all time.

As for Gerald Wallace and the Bobcats, don't bring Eastern 7th or 8th seeds into the discussion. But since you did, they had a great coach, Stephen Jackson having a career year (scoring-wise), and managed to get into the playoffs because the 8th seed was .500. The 8th seed in the West that year was a 50-win team, by comparison.

All of those guys were in better situations than Love has ever been in, and for various reasons (although coaching played a tremendous role for all three).
But not only has Kevin Love not made the playoffs, his team has never had a winning record. I will exclude his first two seasons because he didn't start all the games, but since then the number of wins are 17, 26, 31, 40, so he wasn't even close to the playoffs. With some of those records, he wouldn't even have be a top 10 team in the Eastern Conference. Also Kevin Love near had a shortage of decent HCs himself, Randy Wittman, Kevin McHale, Rick Adelman, and Kurt Rambis. I can respect if you come up short, but to not even sniff the playoffs? No way. 

Last edited:
roll.gif

Dwight Howard on Chandler Parsons' departure: "It won't affect us at all." http://t.co/58hUgv1pk2 pic.twitter.com/PITmaFon8g
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) July 18, 2014

I just don't trust Kevin Love.

Let's say LeBron "hypothetically" leaves after to years. Does Kevin Love ask out, because before LeBron came, Love made it clear he wouldn't sign an extension to stay in Cleveland. I can't gamble my future and assets on a player who's heart isn't in the city. 

Second, he's never been to the playoffs. Pau Gasol took the Grizzlies, D. Williams took the Jazz, Bosh took the Raptors, heck Gerald Wallace took the Bobcats and won 44 games. For a star player to not take his team once, that screams, either he is a stats hungry guy or maybe we are overvaluing him?

I agree with this as well, as a Warrior fan.

word. even if they did a world poll on the best players right now, the list would be flawed because a lot of people never saw big O, or wilt or Bill.... this will finally be settled in the after life... when the greatest of the greats go at it in the supreme NBA.... with ballers from around the world from the 1800's and **** like that

Last edited:
word. even if they did a world poll on the best players right now, the list would be flawed because a lot of people never saw big O, or wilt or Bill.... this will finally be settled in the after life... when the greatest of the greats go at it in the supreme NBA.... with ballers from around the world from the 1800's and **** like that
Sounds like that DBZ movie with Pikon 
pimp.gif

Kobe is higher that than man. Yall wilin. Got him under hakeem and shaq? Kobe is better than bird

Why is Russell Top 10? What is your reason behind that?

I didn't get to see him play. So what I can go by is old hardwood classic tapes, crazy rebounding and defensive numbers. And winning. That with also dominating one of the most dominant basketball players of all time head to head...and it's really simple.

meant to put wilt up there. Glaring oversight.

Y'all are real perimeter centric these days.

This is the reason that players like Duncan, Shaq and Hakeem get overlooked.

Time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom