2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying he's overrated because he gets age by guys his size and bigger. People say he can guard 4 positions, but thats not actually true. The elite pg's in the L would dog bron and tire him out. Sure the refs let him be physical and whatnot, but the speed and athleticism, he isn't built for that. The 2 guards? Meh I dont really see him locking down Harden, and he wasnt locking kobe before he got hurt. Those are the only really elite sg's that he would have to check. He can't lock melo or joe johnson at the 3. Bron was getting bodied by David west at the 4 spot. I mean homie is 6'8. He' good with small guys and the lower end guys his height. Guys give his individual defense too much credit because of the one game he handled D.Rose or a block on a tiago splitter dunk. He's a better team defender where he can play the passing lanes and gamble. Good iso and athletic guys like pg, kd, melo, tony parker in a few games in last years finals, kobe before the injury, etc. Plus the fact dude fouls A LOT, and just gets away with it. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, but dudes gas him like he's transcendent on both ends of the court.

Be clear, I'm NOT hating, I'm a big bron fan, just keeping it 100

:rofl: :rofl:

Bruh you are saying his defense is overrated because he can't consistently check the league's elite...come on man, no one can consistently check harden Kobe KD Melo, etc.

He's an outstanding individual defender if we're going to be 100 about it. He can guard 3 positions, 4 defending on situation. Can he guard 3 to 4 positions consistently? No (especially not this past season) but to discredit him because as you say "The elite pg's would dog bron" and because you "Don't really see him locking down harden and locking Kobe" is flat out stupid.

Uhmmmm who brags about being able to guard guys like josh smith and P.J. Tucker? If you can't guard the elite offensive players effectively, then you aren't an elite defender. Point blank. So you said he can guard 3 positions, ok...which elite pg's can he lock down? If you even form your mouth to say drose, we're done here. Don't even make the 'Deh' sound papi. Ok, moving right along...you think in your heart he can lock harden? without fouling out? Stop it 5. He can guard Wade, I guess that counts..:rolleyes. The 3? Don't make me laugh. He can't slow down Melo, or PG, Kawhi gave him buckets, KD? Nah. So then like I said, you're stuck bragging about guys like Josh Smith and Rudy Gay. Sure, he can lock them down, fantastic.

If you got offensive skills nobody is locking you down. You can only take yourself out of the game.

Kind of. The issue is that Great offensive talents' usage rates are so high, combine that with their exceptional prowess on the offensive end, and you get "not being able to be stopped."

Lebron could do a really good job on most of the league's elite for maybe half a quarter, a full quarter or something. But the guys freeze was mentioning play upwards of 35 minutes and have the ball all the time. You just can't stop a guy who plays that much and has the ball in his hands every single time his team has possession of the ball.

Uhmmmm who brags about being able to guard guys like josh smith and P.J. Tucker? If you can't guard the elite offensive players effectively, then you aren't an elite defender. Point blank. So you said he can guard 3 positions, ok...which elite pg's can he lock down? If you even form your mouth to say drose, we're done here. Don't even make the 'Deh' sound papi. Ok, moving right along...you think in your heart he can lock harden? without fouling out? Stop it 5. He can guard Wade, I guess that counts..:rolleyes. The 3? Don't make me laugh. He can't slow down Melo, or PG, Kawhi gave him buckets, KD? Nah. So then like I said, you're stuck bragging about guys like Josh Smith and Rudy Gay. Sure, he can lock them down, fantastic.

Alright, so you don't think there's any good defenders in the NBA. Gotcha.

By the way, it's not that he can't guard those guys he absolutely can. The issue is that if they play 35 plus minutes, have high usage rates, they are eventually going to get theirs over the course of a 48 minute game. Not to mention Lebron has to carry the offensive load for his team, he's not going to be checking those guys the entire time he's on the floor.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if some of yall actually watch the games or just skim through the stats

The last 3 games Kawhi cooked Lebron. Kawhi stats those 3 games..... 24 PPG 9 RPG 69 FG%

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with Lebron scoring "garbage" points...Kawhi averaged 17.8 PPG for the series on 61%....That's not "giving Lebron that work" that's playing really well at a high level and being a main cog in a well oiled machine.

Look who ur talking to bro, don't explain logically anything bout Bron to this guy, leader of Lebron hater thread, unable to see anything past his blind hate for a dude he
"hated for 1st time he seen him in hi school"..:lol:

Save your energy, waste of time

Kawhi had real great moments but the team gave Bron n the heat that work not one individual everyone clearly knows that

Last edited:

I'm saying he's overrated because he gets age by guys his size and bigger. People say he can guard 4 positions, but thats not actually true. The elite pg's in the L would dog bron and tire him out. Sure the refs let him be physical and whatnot, but the speed and athleticism, he isn't built for that. The 2 guards? Meh I dont really see him locking down Harden, and he wasnt locking kobe before he got hurt. Those are the only really elite sg's that he would have to check. He can't lock melo or joe johnson at the 3. Bron was getting bodied by David west at the 4 spot. I mean homie is 6'8. He' good with small guys and the lower end guys his height. Guys give his individual defense too much credit because of the one game he handled D.Rose or a block on a tiago splitter dunk. He's a better team defender where he can play the passing lanes and gamble. Good iso and athletic guys like pg, kd, melo, tony parker in a few games in last years finals, kobe before the injury, etc. Plus the fact dude fouls A LOT, and just gets away with it. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, but dudes gas him like he's transcendent on both ends of the court.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Bruh you are saying his defense is overrated because he can't consistently check the league's elite...come on man, no one can consistently check harden Kobe KD Melo, etc.

He's an outstanding individual defender if we're going to be 100 about it. He can guard 3 positions, 4 defending on situation. Can he guard 3 to 4 positions consistently? No (especially not this past season) but to discredit him because as you say "The elite pg's would dog bron" and because you "Don't really see him locking down harden and locking Kobe" is flat out stupid.

Uhmmmm who brags about being able to guard guys like josh smith and P.J. Tucker? If you can't guard the elite offensive players effectively, then you aren't an elite defender. Point blank. So you said he can guard 3 positions, ok...which elite pg's can he lock down? If you even form your mouth to say drose, we're done here. Don't even make the 'Deh' sound papi. Ok, moving right along...you think in your heart he can lock harden? without fouling out? Stop it 5. He can guard Wade, I guess that counts..
eyes.gif
. The 3? Don't make me laugh. He can't slow down Melo, or PG, Kawhi gave him buckets, KD? Nah. So then like I said, you're stuck bragging about guys like Josh Smith and Rudy Gay. Sure, he can lock them down, fantastic.
STOPPPP

WHO IN THE NBA IS GUARDING MELO????????? NOBODY

SAME FOR KD.

Tony Allen is a good defender but he isn't shutting them down. It was more KD then Tony Allen. Kawhi is a good defender but he couldn't stop LeBron for nothing.

Dwight Howard is a good defender but still be getting that work down low.

CP3 and WESTBROOK are good defenders but they still get that WORK!!!!!!

Their are players who can't be guarded so just STOP IT!

Bron is overrated defender. I've seen dude get cooked.

Are you saying Bron is overrated because you seen him get cooked? My goodness :lol: :lol:

Because great defenders never get cooked lol

I'm saying he's overrated because he gets ate by guys his size and bigger. People say he can guard 4 positions, but thats not actually true. The elite pg's in the L would dog bron and tire him out. Sure the refs let him be physical and whatnot, but the speed and athleticism, he isn't built for that. The 2 guards? Meh I dont really see him locking down Harden, and he wasnt locking kobe before he got hurt. Those are the only really elite sg's that he would have to check. He can't lock melo or joe johnson at the 3. Bron was getting bodied by David west at the 4 spot. I mean homie is 6'8. He' good with small guys and the lower end guys his height. Guys give his individual defense too much credit because of the one game he handled D.Rose or a block on a tiago splitter dunk. He's a better team defender where he can play the passing lanes and gamble. Good iso and athletic guys like pg, kd, melo, tony parker in a few games in last years finals, kobe before the injury, etc. Plus the fact dude fouls A LOT, and just gets away with it. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, but dudes gas him like he's transcendent on both ends of the court.

Completely 100.
Lebron CAN defend, the end.
He's no Tony Allen. He's locking down nobody.

Was referring to.4848 saying great offensive player can't get locked down.... My point is they do get locked down .... Not referring to any specific player...

Sometimes I wonder if some of yall actually watch the games or just skim through the stats

The last 3 games Kawhi cooked Lebron. Kawhi stats those 3 games..... 24 PPG 9 RPG 69 FG%
It's completely impossible for kawhi to have cooked LeBron. Hes playing within pops system he's not just running isos on LeBron and giving him the business. Hes running around of screens getting the ball in sets where he has match ups in his favor and he was hitting wide open 3s just like the whole spurs team was because the heat couldn't rotate with there ball movement

Alright, so you don't think there's any good defenders in the NBA. Gotcha.

By the way, it's not that he can't guard those guys he absolutely can. The issue is that if they play 35 plus minutes, have high usage rates, they are eventually going to get theirs over the course of a 48 minute game. Not to mention Lebron has to carry the offensive load for his team, he's not going to be checking those guys the entire time he's on the floor.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm not even saying dude can't defend, he absoluty can, I'm just saying LBJ isn't as mighty on that end of the court as he is portrayed. That's all. I still like Tony Allen when he gets good rhythm. Dude was snatching KD's cookies every chance he got. I like Pat Beverly too and Avery Bradley. And of course Kawhi.

Last edited:
Completely 100.

Well this is dumb. Tony Allen isn't locking down the league's elite consistently for one. Two, if Lebron James didn't have to worry about the offensive end of the floor the way TA does i'm willing to bet Lebron could rival TA in individual defense.

He can defend, and is exceptional at it. Him being really good at the offensive end of the floor kind of makes it hard for him to consistently defend the league's elite. Considering that they are A) Really good and B) Have the ball all the time for 35 plus minutes a game.

I don't know anyone in the league who can "LOCKDOWN" Russ, Bron, Melo, Kobe, Pierce, KD, Curry, Al Jefferson, JJ, CP3, KLOVE, etc.

They are gonna get theirs regardless.

Pierce even gave LeBron that work all those years in the playoffs.

Lebron's on ball defense is not up to standard with the rest of his imo.

If Lebron decides he's going to lock you down, he'll do it most if the time.

Not going to say I agree or disagree with you.

However to say Lebron is an overrated defender because you've seen him "get cooked" is ridiculous.

I done seen Hakeem, Duncan, KG and MJ get cooked. I guess they're overrated defenders as well. Ridiculous and very stupid

Completely 100.
Well this is dumb. Tony Allen isn't locking down the league's elite consistently for one. Two, if Lebron James didn't have to worry about the offensive end of the floor the way TA does i'm willing to bet Lebron could rival TA in individual defense.

He can defend, and is exceptional at it. Him being really good at the offensive end of the floor kind of makes it hard for him to consistently defend the league's elite. Considering that they are A) Really good and B) Have the ball all the time for 35 plus minutes a game.
Nobody is Locking down the leagues ELITE, except Tony Allen.

Am I right or am I right?

Thought so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom