2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't consider that ORL team as winning with Shaq. I mean if that's the case I could say Melo led his team to the playoffs his rookie year unlike any other rookie. That **** aint winning.

While his record (with one team for so long and then the Knicks) is terrible I can't call Melo's playoff performance in to question. Like it can't be a team thing one moment and then a solo criticism the next.
nah i dont place it all on melo... its just funny ppl always resort to tmac as like the standard/barometer for playoff failures... when in fact the king of playoff failures is melo. 

But a healthy penny etc..... and i have bo doubt shaq wouldve probably brought a ring to orlando and if not there then somewhere. Im not trying to discredit phil at all its just shaq was to great to dominate not to ever get a ring. While melo is great (to me the best overall offensive player the league has seen in the last 10-15 yrs) i just dont see a ring in melos immediate future. I think he might get one as a piece of a missing puzzle for a team or later down the line. 

But with the stack west, lebron still being around the bulls etc... i just dont see melo competing for a ring...hell to be honest competing in the ecf anytime soon. 

I dont mind if people call Melo a loser or w.e BUT If you call Melo a loser then you pretty much have to call Cp3 aka "the best PG in the game" a loser as well.

Exactly some have so much hate they see stuff the way they want to. And if anything CP3 and losing should come up alot quicker than Melos does. CP can't get pass the 2nd round atleast Melo has sniffed a conference finals.
im not hating the man... i just posted the facts and the facts are melo has the worst record etc.... in the playoffs then any other player/star has the last 2 decades. Now bringing in cp3 is hating when statistical he has outperform and has fair better in the playoffs FACTUALLY then melo. 

You in essence are saying oh well just because stat wise this player has outperformed and did better in the playoffs then the player i like... he still didnt outperform do better then him cause i dont like him.... now thats hating lol

I don't consider that ORL team as winning with Shaq. I mean if that's the case I could say Melo led his team to the playoffs his rookie year unlike any other rookie. That **** aint winning.

While his record (with one team for so long and then the Knicks) is terrible I can't call Melo's playoff performance in to question. Like it can't be a team thing one moment and then a solo criticism the next.
nah i dont place it all on melo... its just funny ppl always resort to tmac as like the standard/barometer for playoff failures... when in fact the king of playoff failures is melo. 
I only mentioned T-Mac cuz he's well known for it. I'm a fan of his game myself but he's well known for talking about being happy to finally get out the 1st round only to lose in 7 back on ORL.

But a healthy penny etc..... and i have bo doubt shaq wouldve probably brought a ring to orlando and if not there then somewhere. Im not trying to discredit phil at all its just shaq was to great to dominate not to ever get a ring. While melo is great (to me the best overall offensive player the league has seen in the last 10-15 yrs) i just dont see a ring in melos immediate future. I think he might get one as a piece of a missing puzzle for a team or later down the line. 

But with the stack west, lebron still being around the bulls etc... i just dont see melo competing for a ring...hell to be honest competing in the ecf anytime soon. 
That's okay to have that opinion. As the present stands I guess it's hard to be optimistic about the future when it comes to individual players.

They where winning with Shaq. Shaq led the league in scoring and was second in MVP voting, in his third professional season.

Damn.

Lebby ain't eem speak to Wiggins.

mean.gif

Julius Wrek
Yikes. Writings on the wall

im not hating the man... i just posted the facts and the facts are melo has the worst record etc.... in the playoffs then any other player/star has the last 2 decades. Now bringing in cp3 is hating when statistical he has outperform and has fair better in the playoffs FACTUALLY then melo. 

You in essence are saying oh well just because stat wise this player has outperformed and did better in the playoffs then the player i like... he still didnt outperform do better then him cause i dont like him.... now thats hating lol
I wasn't talking about your post. But obviously he's gonna have more playoff loses then most considering until this past season he was 1 of four active players(spurs big 3) to had never missed the playoffs in his career. And I'm a CP3 fan but you can't say Melo is the epitome of playoff failures with not factoring in him making it when other players didn't and the fact that CP3 has never been to a conference finals having one of the better teams in the league.

[thread="597358"] [/thread]

They where winning with Shaq. Shaq led the league in scoring and was second in MVP voting, in his third professional season.
Seems we're using "winning" in two different ways.

There's winning games and being a high seed, winning a bunch of individual awards, and a series or two and then there's you know being the winner, winning a championship, maybe a finals MVP. To me the latter matters more. That other stuff can be tacked on when you're already 10 years deep in the league, got your rings, and are looking for all time rankings. Kobe's a good example of that.

I mean I could've mentioned Jordan before Phil came too but I guess yall dudes would've told me about how he won rookie of the year and got voted to be starter in the ASG.

Last edited:
PG's injury is just a reminder to me of how futile being a contender in the NBA is.

As a contender in the NBA you have what? 3, maybe 4 years of being a contender before the **** goes to pieces and your team breaks down via trades, injuries, Free agency, coaching, etc. That's why when you have a chance you have to make the most of it because things just start to happen.

Look at OKC, finally got to the chip, couldn't win and since have lost their star 2 guard, have lost their PG for a playoff run, lost their best big for a playoff run, meanwhile years are going by and teams are getting better.

Look at Indy. Were on the cusp for like 3 years, couldn't get over it now they have lost their 2 guard, and their status as contenders looks to be in serious jeopardy after loosing their star for an entire year due to injury, and next year as a contender is likely thrown out the window as a result.

[thread="597358"]2014 Nba Off Season Paul George Suffers A Double Compund Fracture Likely Out For Season Speedy Recovery Pg/38300_100#post_21288669​[/thread]

Seems we're using "winning" in two different ways.

There's winning games and being a high seed, winning a bunch of individual awards, and a series or two and then there's you know being the winner, winning a championship, maybe a finals MVP. To me the latter matters more. That other stuff can be tacked on when you're already 10 years deep in the league and are looking for all time rankings. Kobe's a good example of that.

I mean I could've mentioned Jordan before Phil came too but I guess yall dudes would've told me about how he won rookie of the year and got voted to be starter in the ASG.
I'm only talking about winning before Phil. I consider taking a team to the Finals winning, especially in your 3rd season. A lot of all-time greats (i.e. Wilkins) to never even reached there. 

I wasn't talking about your post. But obviously he's gonna have more playoff loses then most considering until this past season he was 1 of four active players(spurs big 3) to had never missed the playoffs in his career. And I'm a CP3 fan but you can't say Melo is the epitome of playoff failures with not factoring in him making it when other players didn't and the fact that CP3 has never been to a conference finals having one of the better teams in the league.
i was just saying that ppl goto for loser or failure in playoffs is tmac etc... when reality melos has less success then him. And i never really put the blame on him nor cp3.... but it is much harder for cp3 to push/will a team to playoff success merely from the standpoint of the position he plays.

Like i said earlier in the thread when was the last time a pg led team had major success and or made it to the finals and or won? Hell off the top of my head i can think of just zeke, and you could maybe argue tony parker...although i think it was more of a collective effort more then tony being the clear cut leader of the team

Plenty of teams have made it deep/finals etc... with a dynamic sg/sf pretty much every team the last decade or so to make it deep/finals has had that. 

Speaking of Shaq...

His stats during the Lakers 3 peat..

2000 -- Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
Averaged 38.0 points, 16.7 rebounds and 2.67 blocks to lead the Lakers to a 4-2 victory over the Indiana Pacers and the franchise’s first NBA Championship since 1988. O’Neal’s best Finals performances came at the Staples Center with 43 points, 19 rebounds in Game #1, 40 points, 24 rebounds in Game #2 and 41 points, 12 rebounds in Game #6.

2001 -- Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
Averaged 33.0 points, 15.6 rebounds and 3.40 blocks to lead the Lakers to a 4-1victory over the Philadelphia 76ers and the franchise’s second consecutive NBA Championship. O’Neal’s best Finals performances came at the Staples Center with 44 points, 20 rebounds and five assists in Game #1, 28 points, 20 rebounds and nine assists in Game #2 and 34 points, 14 rebounds in Game #4.

2002 -- Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
Averaged 36.3 points, 12.3 rebounds and 2.75 blocks to lead the Lakers to a sweep of the New Jersey Nets and the franchise’s third consecutive NBA Championship. O’Neal’s best Finals performances came at the Staples Center with 36 points, 16 rebounds and four blocks in Game #1, 40 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists in Game #2, 35 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks in Game #3.

DAWG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom