2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
UA's owner had a mini show, an inside view of their Factory on the tele a few days ago.
They have a faster growing co. Than any athletic brand ever, and it wasn't close, 30mil isn't breaking that company.

Bron will definitely have those dudes playing defense same way when he went to miami and made them a defensive nightmare for opposing teams. This cavs team can possibly run the east for many seasons to come. I only see the Bulls being somewhat of a threat to them as of now

Who Exactly did he "Make" a defensive nightmare

The same D-Wade who has always been a defensive nightmare while carrying the Heat? Shane Battier who was known for his smothering Defense?

I honestly feel that the Heats defense was extremely overated because anytime they went up against a high scoring team guys consistently found a way to get their shots. Don't get me wrong they were good but this def isn't one of the best defenses ever as some people wanna make it out to be.

LeBron impacted that entire Team's defense & was the main reason they were top 5 defensively. He also impacted the cavs defense as well during his MVP seasons so it was kinda expected.

Last edited:
^^^ I guess Its hard to say no to $ 30 mil. Interested to see what UA comes up with for him.

hell, i LOVE Nike. its pretty much all ive worn all my life. shoes and clothing wise.

if reebok or adidas somehow came up to me and say here, we will give you 250k a year and all the clothing and shoe you want but you can wear anything nike. guess what? im taking that deal :lol:

Under Armour will forever be stuff you wear to the gym. Until they can prove they can manufacture product that has casual appeal, they'll be who they are.

Boston formed Big 3 = Wins 1 championship, could've won 2, collapses shortly after

Lebron formed Big 3 in Miami = lost in year one, went 2-2, could have easily been 1-3, didnt meet the crazy high expectations

Lakers formed Big 3 = expectations even higher, greatest team ever talk, straight collapse and failure

Lebron forms Big 3 in CLE = worst defensively, better offensively, terrible bench. But expectations super high

......yea i'm not a fan of this big 3 crap

But Miami's big 3 went to 4 straight finals And won two. That's pretty successful.

Under Armour will forever be stuff you wear to the gym. Until they can prove they can manufacture product that has casual appeal, they'll be who they are.

And under almost every football Uni in the World, peewee popwarner NCAA and NFL.

That's who they are

Spurs form big 3.....

EVERLASTING DOMINANCE 

spurrs.jpg

Yet, they've never repeated and that Big 3 went seven years before they won again.
Wasnt aware success was only measured by championships won only. Or something as arbitrary as repeating. Guess only six franchises are sucesses then
Yes that's how it is. All other franchises are failures (barring ones not at least 15 years old yet). What else are we ranking success by then?

Just look at how UA has bled into the grassroots level. Youth dictates consumerism. Wearing under armor is already a cool thing to do. If KD were there? Pssh, they would instantly be a hot commodity. They lowkey are now.

KD is never getting a ring now :smh:
I thought you were joking before but you cn't seriously what you typed about Nike rigging anything for NBA finals. That spits in the face of all the other ppl signed to them that haven't won **** in their other sports or the other NBA players and the other teams with nobody signed to nike.

Just silly.

:lol: UA being a hot commodity and being the cool thing to wear. It's workout wear.

Last edited:
Nike Is going to feel that Loss a lil bit... you don't want to make the opposition stronger and by letting the second best player in the League go they've done exactly that.

Not saying UA will outgrow Nike overnight but having a SUPERSTAR adds all kind of notoriety to the brand and that's what their paying for. They may not recoup this money through KD shoe sales.... but having your brand represented by a superstar player, & someone who has actually made a mark in the "sneaker Culture" can be something that helps them build a foundation to rapidly grow.

False alarm. Folks in the KD thread took a tweet out of context. Seems like Mr McBride from UA is trolling right now with cryptic messages. I still think he's gonna jump though.

Boston formed Big 3 = Wins 1 championship, could've won 2, collapses shortly after

Lebron formed Big 3 in Miami = lost in year one, went 2-2, could have easily been 1-3, didnt meet the crazy high expectations

Lakers formed Big 3 = expectations even higher, greatest team ever talk, straight collapse and failure

Lebron forms Big 3 in CLE = worst defensively, better offensively, terrible bench. But expectations super high

......yea i'm not a fan of this big 3 crap

But Miami's big 3 went to 4 straight finals And won two. That's pretty successful.

I missed this but yea he's out of his mind. Those 4 seasons they were together they made 4 straight finals appearances, you just can't ever brush off an accomplishment like that. Might not even see a big 3 as successful as they were for a long time.

KD sold 175 million in 2013, with a plastic 6.
That KD 7, expect him to do Lebron #'s which were 300 mil last year.
Nike isn't letting him go. No way!

Edit: "The Baddest" campaign though

Last edited:
If NIke survived not having Iverson (who IMO was considered an even bigger athlete than KD in the early 2000's), they can survive being without KD. There are more elite level basketball players with the Nike/Jordan brand than any other brand at this point. More importantly, Nike has the best player in the game, along with Kobe making a return next year.

Nike runs the NFL, they have the main guys in golf, MOST of the best players in the NBA and two global figures in Ronaldo and Lebron. They will live just fine with or without KD :lol:

^^^ I guess Its hard to say no to $ 30 mil. Interested to see what UA comes up with for him.

hell, i LOVE Nike. its pretty much all ive worn all my life. shoes and clothing wise.

if reebok or adidas somehow came up to me and say here, we will give you 250k a year and all the clothing and shoe you want but you can wear anything nike. guess what? im taking that deal :lol:

You're so funny.

It was you arguing that KD would never leave Nike to go to a company like UA, because no one could make KD richer than Nike.

Nike is greedy and gives 0 damns about it's endorsed athletes, probably other than Mike and Bron.

My Predictions:

KD walks and takes the 30M/yr

UA regrets the deal when the basketball revenue doesn't dramatically increase

Nike replaces KD sig with James Harden (i.e. upcoming West Conf. player & KD's close friend)

If Nike grossed $175mil, payed KD 10mil salary, 3mil in bonus, that's $162mill, take out 40%(I'm guessing ) for overhead and advertisement. That's 70 million to the bottom line for 2013.
This is going up for 2014-15. Should make them 100mil plus,

You think they are letting him walk and not caring, nah

Last edited:
I thought you were joking before but you cn't seriously what you typed about Nike rigging anything for NBA finals. That spits in the face of all the other ppl signed to them that haven't won **** in their other sports or the other NBA players and the other teams with nobody signed to nike.

Just silly.

I won't doubt that it's kind of silly to assume that Nike is rigging NBA finals in favor for their athletes but I do find it more than just a coincidence that the 3 best NBA players are Nike endorsed athletes and were signed to Nike before they became "the best"....or maybe Nike has just been lucky with athletes since Michael Jordan. Even Nike's b-ball athletes who haven't seen rings saw NBA finals. Barkley, Payton, Hardaway.

:lol: UA being a hot commodity and being the cool thing to wear. It's workout wear.
The lil ****** in my city wear it on some chill ****...like the tee's or hoodies if they chillin on the block or something...nobody still wears the shoes though, unless you playing a game :lol:

They don't through, they have plenty of other athletes including the 2 most popular in Kobe and Bron still there and other guys who's play and increasing popularity will enable them to slide right into that void.

My Predictions:

KD walks and takes the 30M/yr

UA regrets the deal when the basketball revenue doesn't dramatically increase

Nike replaces KD sig with James Harden (i.e. upcoming West Conf. player & KD's close friend)

Nike and UA trade KD for steph curry...

Steph with a Nike contract...I wanna rock some Hot Curry's :nthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom