2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond was so stunned, he couldn't even play for Sacramento the next day, in the Kings' second game of the season.

That game also just happened to be in Oakland. Against the Warriors.

"I remember **** Motta came over to me and said, 'Hey, are you gonna play tonight, you gonna get dressed?'" Richmond said. "I'm like, 'Coach, honestly man, I don't even know where I'm at. I can't play tonight, man. I can't play against those guys right now. I'm tore up, man.'

"He asked, 'Are you gonna sit on the bench?' I said, 'I'm going home, man.'"

The drive home included a few minutes listening to the Kings-Warriors radio broadcast, but he couldn't withstand that for long.

After aimlessly driving around for a while, Richmond made it home to his then girlfriend, now wife, Juli, and asked for the score in the contest that was nearly over.

"She just put her head down," Richmond recalled. "I'm like, 'Yo, what's the score?'

His new team had lost by 62 points, 153-91.

"I just started crying, man," Richmond said. "I just started boohoo-ing, man. I called Bill Strickland, my agent, and I said, 'Man, what are the rules? Is there any way I can retire and come back to another team? What are the rules?'

"I did not want to go to Sacramento."

That wasn't the last time he cried as a King.

The next morning, Richmond commuted to Sacramento for his first practice with the team, which he had believed to begin at 10 a.m. He arrived around 9:15. More than two hours later, still no one had showed up.

"By 11:30, Randy Brown walks in and was with one of his buddies," Richmond said. "He comes in the locker room, and I said 'Hey, what time is practice? I thought it was at 10 o'clock.' He said, 'Man, we got two days off.'

"I'm like, 'What? You just lose by [62] points and we got [expletive] two days off?' I started crying again in the car. I'm like, 'Oh my God!'

"Man, listen, I cried that whole year. That was a whole year of crying, brother."
http://espn.go.com/nba/halloffame14/story/_/id/11324162/mitch-richmond-underrated-path-hall-fame

I'm sorry, but
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
YO 
roll.gif
roll.gif

WHYYYYY Did I read this at work, WHY?! Got these ****** in here looking at me funny now. 

**** you P, next time give a warning before you post something like this. I could feel his pain through those words. 
roll.gif
mean.gif

He led them in minutes because Miami couldn't sustain leads with him on the bench. He's also the best scorer rebounder passer and perimeter defender on the team, so unsurprisingly he gets more playoff run than anyone else.

and the vast majority of players who lead the team in assists, also lead them in TOs, including guys like Paul, Rondo, Wall & Curry. So you're not saying anything there.

And I'm "conveniently leaving out 2011" because the conversation was about Miami's two title runs, which don't include 2011.

I've criticized his 2011 finals performance in the past.
The point is...you didn't "carry a team on your back" with 2 other all stars and future HOF'ers on the team and a supporting cast that was good enough to "be carried" by Lebron to 4 straight finals appearances.

If you think he "carried" Miami...then what was the point of him going to Miami? 

You don't need to handpick teammates when you're playing with HOFers and a championship caliber squad. Is that so hard to understand?
alot of you are leaving out details and **** to make your points. jordan didnt recruit those hall of famers nor his competition from other teams just to win. PERIOD. and jordan didnt join a team with people who even looked like they were going to the hall of fame, in FACT without jordan there, they would NOT have gotten into the HOF.

now...

lebron is a different person. please stop comparing their "legacies" Legacy is BS. Its too subjective. what determines legacy? Achievement? Cuz if so, yall NEVER talk about players with more accolades and achievements than jordan. Jordan should be in like 3rd place to yall if legacy is based on achievement. Is legacy based on intangibles like "making teammates better?" or "changing the game?" leave legacy alone.

Call a spade a spade. You simply dont like what lebron is doing. You dont even gotta explain why, just be 100. I personally dont like what lebron is doing. I think its cheap, I think it invalidates his letter. I hope he doesnt win S*** yet. I hope rose, AND durant AND wade win a chip...THENNNNNNN lebron wins one for cleveland (cuz they need one. lets just be serious) Lebron IS recruiting and handpicking players. Dont say "they want to play with HIM" like some of you are saying. Lebron had put together all his next moves in his head since a couple weeks past losing. But yall talking bout that BS comparing him and jordan and legacies yadda yadda. Keep it real if you're gonna talk....
Look at you; in full scorned woman mode.
laugh.gif

I'm sure you had no problem with LeBron joining up with potential HOFers and recruiting players when he was still in Miami.

laugh.gif
@ the notion that being Jordan's teammate was the sole reason the likes of Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman got into the Hall of Fame.

MJ is great that is indisputable, c'mon now.

Embiid is out for the whole year. They'll get a good look at what Bennett is capable of next to Noel. 

Either way...you either have a trade chip or added depth. It's a low risk, high reward situation.

I'm questioning why Minnesota is doing this.

That's his point, you doofus, he didn't need to because he was given a great supporting cast.
What? No way in hell would pippen OR rodman have been HOFers without their rings that jordan helped them win. If jordan wasn't on the bulls, BELIEVE they would'nt have won championships with just pippen and rodman as their frontrunners. How is this hard to understand? Jordan made them better as a team AND as players. I feel like I'm arguing with someone born past '95... what year were you born to say such stupid things?

I hate when stupid people speak up. And why is that these same people always speak the loudest?

Look at you; in full scorned woman mode.
laugh.gif

I'm sure you had no problem with LeBron joining up with potential HOFers and recruiting players when he was still in Miami.

laugh.gif
@ the notion that being Jordan's teammate was the sole reason the likes of Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman got into the Hall of Fame.

MJ is great that is indisputable, c'mon now.
actually...ive been a heat fan since i was born. I ABSOLUTELY HATED the idea of lebron coming to miami. Yall dont ever mention it... but in the first years of their careers, wade and lebron were pretty evenly matched. Watching them duke it out was GREAT basketball. I hated the idea of lebron COMING HERE to play with wade. I wanted to see them battle. It wasn't until lebron got her that wade fell back and declined significantly. Please dont speak for me like u know me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom