2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Hahahaha, Paul did squeal :lol:

Teix probably out for a few weeks with that hand injury. Guy is glass. Great player but damn. Hurt sliding home like that :smh:

Glove at first is too good. A good amount of HRs and RBIs. I don't really complain about him. I think he's the best first basemen in the league.

He'd probably have 30 & 100 this year if he didn't miss those few weeks earlier in the year.

Only thing I'm baffled by is how he was once around a .300 hitter.

And defense is what sets him apart.

It's why I'm so adamant that we gotta keep Headley as an everyday player. He can rake at Yankee stadium.

Throw him in with Teix & McCann who is a very good Catcher, and Gardner & Ellsbury basically shutting off 2/3 of the outfield, that's a monster defense that are all good production on offense.

Last edited:
It's why I'm so adamant that we gotta keep Headley as an everyday player. He can rake at Yankee stadium.

That's part of the problem (to answer your Tex question). What made Tex such a great player in his Texas/Braves/Angels days was that he had such a good eye and went to every part of the field. Come to Yankee Stadium and he hits 39 so easily, you start aiming for right every time. Driving force behind his average/OBP/SLG decreasing every year since he has been here. That and natural age decrease.

That's part of the problem (to answer your Tex question). What made Tex such a great player in his Texas/Braves/Angels days was that he had such a good eye and went to every part of the field. Come to Yankee Stadium and he hits 39 so easily, you start aiming for right every time. Driving force behind his average/OBP/SLG decreasing every year since he has been here. That and natural age decrease.

Definitely tempting.

I definitely meant to throw in there that I don't think he's a bad player at all nowadays. Just gotta realize he's already 34 this year and the decline is here. As long as he keeps putting up numbers and stays on the field, I don't mind having a Giambino-lite in the lineup.

We're supposed to face Scherzer, Price & Verlander this series. Chalk up the sweep.

Reverse jinx.
pimp.gif
Yep.
laugh.gif

I thought for sure that trio would've worked us.

Back
Top Bottom