2014 NFL Draft Thread

Me and my boy was talking about this yesterday. Is there really a HUGE difference between running a 4.3 and a 4.5? I mean we're talking about milliseconds
laugh.gif
Um yes. Ask anybody who runs track. It's a big difference.
where is the gif of manziel (4.68) and clowney (4.53)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000328653/Clowney-and-Manziel-race-in-the-simulcam

Last edited:
nah i just think it's funny they call themselves experts. no one has a single clue of whats going to happen :lol:

I'm fully convinced that there would be less busts if the combine was eliminated entirely.
it's a necessary tool.. but it shouldnt be the end all be all.. you need to get medical information.. proper measurements..

and everything needs to be put into perspective.. if a guy tests out well and confirms everything that you see on tape, then you're good.. but if a guy tests poorly, then you need to review the tape and figure out what went wrong.. or if a guy tests through the roof, then you need to review the tape

then you have small school guys who dont play against the greatest level of competition.. or you have guys who really only had to do a handful of things because they were on a defense that had a bunch of studs

Last edited:
Mel Kiper is about as connected as any "scout" in football. Pretty sure he gets information from legit sources and makes draft analysis from that. So if he has Manziel #1 then thats probably from the info he's gathered.

Kiper is a blowhard talking head. There's videos out there of GM's and other front office people dissing him. About as worthless as mock drafts.

Draft experts = weather men.

Anyone can do it.

That's not true guys like Mayock, Kiper, Mcshay, Daniel Jeremiah put in work they end up looking bad just because teams change their mind and there so many factors that go into a player succeeding

Last edited:
because NFL team scouts and directors always hit on picks too, right?

laugh.gif

their opinion is JUST AS GOOD as the scouts on most NFL teams

I rip on NFL GM's as much anyone but what? :lol:

The problem with NFL Draft "experts" is that anyone can be one, and none of what they do matters except for their employer's click rates.

if we can get a brandon coleman in the 4th or 5th.. also need someone to replace avant

Last edited:
because NFL team scouts and directors always hit on picks too, right?

laugh.gif

their opinion is JUST AS GOOD as the scouts on most NFL teams

I rip on NFL GM's as much anyone but what? :lol:

The problem with NFL Draft "experts" is that anyone can be one, and none of what they do matters except for their employer's click rates.

i mean if we're referring to joe schmoe, sure. there's only a few "experts" like kiper, mcshay, or mayock. i don't consider jaworski or even CP (sorry no offense CP) a "draft expert" :lol:

Last edited:
None taken at all.

I would hardly consider myself an expert at anything either, I simply do the best I can. I know for a fact I see stuff incorrectly or fall for something that isn't as great as it could be.

I've known forever it's like that, hell, Kiper gives 75,000 examples just to get 8-9 right. :lol:

It's like trying to nail the lottery numbers 252 times, more likely than not, you won't get more than a handful right.

The issue with the Kipers of the world is while he likely knows his stuff more so than others you also don't know his agenda. Who is he taking handouts from? What agents are in his ear? You don't work in this business for 30 years without developing long term relationships with agents, GMs, and scouts who all have their own agendas.

Kiper's word is worth A LOT to many people and that can mean many things behind the scenes could happen.

The second issue is there is literally zero accountability in the profession, and at the end of the day you can go 0-32 on your final first round mock and no one bats an eye. That says it all. Because hey, It's on to the 2015 "way too early mock." the next morning.

Interesting read from Sports On Earth:
http://therotation.sportsonearthblog.com/the-confidence-game/

my issue with most of the mocks I'm seeing is that for NE specifically, picks are being projected as if it's a typical year for NE coming up. this draft for NE has to be viewed as NE drafting with the "shrinking window on Tom Brady's career" in mind. some of the first and second round mocks i'm seeing are completely ignoring this. i know with NE you never know, but i think this year is pretty obvious it's going to be receiving threat early. when i see jared abbrederis after an edge rusher in the first, it's laughable IMO. even though those picks make sense and are NE types of picks. not this year. of course, that's just my joe schmoe view of things :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom