2014 NFL Draft Thread

Heard the Jags don't wanna pick a quarterback with their first pick.

I'm beginning to think that Manziel or Bridgewater will be there when we pick at 7.

Heard the Jags don't wanna pick a quarterback with their first pick.

I'm beginning to think that Manziel or Bridgewater will be there when we pick at 7.

Bridgewater won't fall past Oakland. Manziel might, but I wouldn't bet against that either.

Well one of them is probably gonna be there. I'll probably be pretty heated if we don't take Manziel if he's there.

I need know what about Manziel's game do you think will translate to the NFL.

What about his game won't? He's not a Tebow-like passer. And despite what people say about him "always" scrambling every play for 8 seconds at a time he actually was a good pocket passer whenever he stayed back there. I love the dude. I'd put all my eggs in the Manziel basket over Bortles and Bridgewater. He was also just throwing to a V-Jax clone so I don't think he'd have any trouble fitting in.

Last edited:
my list of things i'm looking forward to for next season:

1) manziel not panning out (i know we have to wait 3 years or so to make that determination)
2) matt cassel flourishing
3) peyton with the jenna haze job, again

2 out of 3 won't be bad :lol:

Last edited:
I want to see Johnny Manziel take a snap under center, take a 5 step drop and hit a deep out. I just can't see this guy being a NFL quality QB. This dude is just so unorthodox. His biggest strengths are his ability to scramble and make plays while his biggest weaknesses are basic QB fundamentals. 

Last edited:
One last comparison done by me but, Greg Robinson definitely and should be comparable to Orlando Pace. They both had the triple combination of size, athleticism, and attitude. Watching Robinson, I think anyone who lines up opposite him will be in a world of trouble.

Last edited:
I want to see Johnny Manziel take a snap under center, take a 5 step drop and hit a deep out. I just can't see this guy being a NFL quality QB. This dude is just so unorthodox. His biggest strengths are his ability to scramble and make plays while his biggest weaknesses are basic QB fundamentals. 

Same thing could have been said about the guy in your avy....but he's doing just fine.

Yea, they implemented the "pancake" term because of him at OU. Robinson is only 20 y/o and, we are in an era where the college landscape is much different. Bryant McKinnie, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Robert Gallery, and Texas Mike Williams were dominant too...

Heck, you could even say Alex Barron was dominant at FSU :lol:

But, I'm not discrediting Orlando, I'm just saying I see that fierce some demeanor in Robinson, that Orlando had. Albeit OSU ran a traditional pass/run balanced offense back in the 90s, and Auburn ran the Wing, we will have to see how Robinson fares in Pass Pro.

Back
Top Bottom