2014 NFL Draft Thread

This dude Merril Hoge is so extreme. He thinks Clowney will be bust and Khalil Mack is the best defensive player he's ever seen. :lol:

It's partly his job, but I think he actually makes legitimate claims a lot of the times. It's just that when you sound so extreme and become wrong, you automatically look foolish.

Clowney very well could be a bust. His talent level says no, but his mental makeup still needs to be proven. He could get into the league, get paid, and lack the motivation and work ethic and flake out. Khalil Mack is also an extremely instinctive linebacker, which usually translates to what people would call a "football player." So, he will be very good at the very least in my opinion. Hoge just going all ESPN shock jock by saying best defensive player he's ever seen, but it could become true.

Last edited:
We can't see into the future so anything could happen. it's just funny to me how these people wanna make these crazy bold claims.

If none of the talking heads said anything about Clowney's "Motor" and you watched him play all year there would be no talk of him lacking in that area on a consistent basis.

If none of the talking heads said anything about Clowney's "Motor" and you watched him play all year there would be no talk of him lacking in that area on a consistent basis.

I hate when they say he takes plays off, a pass rusher can't give 100% every play, and what is he supposed to do when ball is ran on the other side off the field.

I think Hoge is very vehement as well about his opinion that Manziel will be a bust. Also not far fetched, but I'm still 50/50 on Johnny Football.

I normally hate Hodge. I think his too arrogant and it usually rubs me the wrong way.

However. He has blown me away with his opinions on Manziel and Clowney.

I think both may very well be a bust now that I've heard Hodge break down their flaws.

I could be wrong, but this dude made so many great points this morning on First Take
he made me into a believer.

Again, I usually hate him. And he's been wrong A LOT. Trust me, he's made some idiotic predictions that have been just laughable.

But i don't know about this time...
His explanation on Manziel and Clowney being busts seems pretty damn on point.

We shall see :nerd:

Last edited:
I hate when they say he takes plays off, a pass rusher can't give 100% every play, and what is he supposed to do when ball is ran on the other side off the field.
Teleport across the field, make the tackle, force the fumble and return it for a TD
roll.gif

Last edited:
I normally hate Hodge. I think his too arrogant and it usually rubs me the wrong way.

However. He has blown me away with his opinions on Manziel and Clowney.

I think both may very well be a bust now that I've heard Hodge break down their flaws.

I could be wrong, but this dude made so many great points this morning on First Take
he made me into a believer.

Again, I usually hate him. And he's been wrong A LOT. Trust me, he's made some idiotic predictions that have been just laughable.

But i don't know about this time...
His explanation on Manziel and Clowney being busts seems pretty damn on point.

We shall see :nerd:

What exactly did he say?

I feel like the fact that Hodge is ripping on Clowney and Manziel would be reason enough to take them #1 and #2.

That site is clean, why the hell would it be blocked? I'm at work and it works fine here.
Thanks for the inevitable call I'm gonna get from my IT department at school, during class... Thanks a lot, CP.

Man that site too addicting 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

If TB can pull of the drafts I am getting, I would be a very happy fan. Wishful thinking I know 
laugh.gif

I've liked A.J. McCarron as a pro prospect for awhile, but as the weeks have gone on, I'm even more receptive to the idea that if he goes to Minnesota, then the Vikings have finally found their franchise QB.

As of right now, he's neck and neck with Teddy for guys that I want Minnesota to draft. I was also on Mettenberger and still really like him, but there's been no word on the guy. I have a feeling he doesn't get drafted until the 6th or 7th round.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom