2014 NFL Draft Thread

I don't get why I am seeing mocks think Barr will be picked before Mack

That's a big mistake to me if that happens
Never know, Barr is so versatile. 

I'd be willing to bet $$ Mack doesn't go top 5, LB is lowest priority in the NFL - it just surprises me so much to see Mack #2, no LB since Lavaar Arrington has gone #2, and Mack doesn't have near the hype he did 

Mainly thats why these guys reporting it are on the internet reporting it, and not in the NFL 
laugh.gif

Never know, Barr is so versatile. 

I'd be willing to bet $$ Mack doesn't go top 5, LB is lowest priority in the NFL - it just surprises me so much to see Mack #2, no LB since Lavaar Arrington has gone #2, and Mack doesn't have near the hype he did 

Mainly thats why these guys reporting it are on the internet reporting it, and not in the NFL :lol:

Believe me; I went to PSU :lol:

People were so hyped on Lavar; I never saw his game transitioning well to the NFL because he was basically a rogue player and did whatever he wanted in college but people had his HOF Bust all ready to go for Canton.

Last edited:
What you guys think of Marcel Jensen, TE from Fresno?
Just curious because he's a hometown kid I used to play basketball with and he was always a physical beast. Dude broke his arm and lost his scholarship then trained harder to be better and got his scholarship back and now I see his numbers towards the top of TE combine numbers.

Believe me; I went to PSU
laugh.gif

People were so hyped on Lavar; I never saw his game transitioning well to the NFL because he was basically a rogue player and did whatever he wanted in college but people had his HOF Bust all ready to go for Canton.
Yup, I've been trying to think of any mid-major LB's that went Top 10

Urlacher is the last guy I can think of, and he was a special athlete - Mack couldn't hold his jock strap

Keuchly was the closest you can get to the perfect LB, and he went #8

I'm back to being convinced Mack going top 10 would be asinine 

Its crazy to think a LB could go #2 in todays NFL - but it does make sense for the Rams so I can sortve understand it

I still find it unbelievable, but, everyone falls in love with a guy each year, and Mack does look legit, so we'll see
an OLB in the 3-4 going #2 overall isnt crazy.. going to the rams, doesnt really make sense to me since they're a 4-3 team..

but if a 3-4 team was up there, then it would make sense..

look at dion jordan last year, who went 3rd overall.. it isnt crazy that he went 3rd, it's crazy to me that the dolphins decided to switch to a 4-3 and then trade up for jordan

Last edited:
Khalil Mack is going to be used just like Von ******. Mack is not playing Mike.

Why would you compare him to Urlacher or Luke?

^ yup.. von ****** went 2nd overall in 2011

and scouts had questions about kuechly's size and speed when he was coming out.. until he went to the combine and squashed all of that.. but kuechly is a MIKE linebacker.. ditto urlacher

****** is censored now, too? M i l l e r? Really?

What is wrong with Meth or whoever is in charge of the censorship around here?

:lol: some of the words I see censored here baffle me yet I see NTers using the P word on the reg

Last edited:

an OLB in the 3-4 going #2 overall isnt crazy.. going to the rams, doesnt really make sense to me since they're a 4-3 team..

but if a 3-4 team was up there, then it would make sense..

look at dion jordan last year, who went 3rd overall.. it isnt crazy that he went 3rd, it's crazy to me that the dolphins decided to switch to a 4-3 and then trade up for jordan
True, but last year was a historically bad draft in terms of talent. This draft has some premier players at the top and you know someone will make a prob make a play for a QB like Manziel in the top 5.

Khalil Mack is going to be used just like Von ******. Mack is not playing Mike.

Why would you compare him to Urlacher or Luke?
Just talking about recent top 10 LB's in the draft

I know Mack is more of a pass rusher, he is still a MAC pass rusher though. I'm guessing he'll go closer to 10 than 2 when draft day arrives

Last edited:
Then again I often look at the history and overall ideas/the way NFL teams generally put their rosters together, I could totally be wrong on Mack going top 5, have no issue saying that. Just seems to me like Clowney, Bortles, Manziel, Robinson/Matthews, Watkins will be the top 5, in some order

also i think outside of the top 1-2 guys at certain positions (WR, S, CB, DE/OLB).. the rest of the guys are going to drop.. and other positions are going to get pushed up, kinda happens every year.. 

but i could see a ton of Oline guys getting pushed into the 1st.. outside of the obvious (robinson, mathews and lewan), i could see martin, moses, su'a-filo, yankey, jackson and thomas

mosley is the only ILB that could make the 1st, but his stock is dropping.. and obviously, no RBs are getting 1st round consideration

there is going be a ton of talent in the 2nd round.. also think clinton-dix is going get pushed up higher than he is being projected, maybe top 10 or around that area

Last edited:
just going through all the positions, it wouldnt surprise me if any of these guys go in the 1st:

QB (4)

bortles, bridgewater, manziel & carr

OLB/DE (6)

clowney, mack, barr, ealy, ford & shazier

S/DB (7)

clinton-dix, pryor, gilbert, dennard, fuller, verrett & roby

DT/NT/3-4 DE (5)

donald, jernigan, nix, hageman & tuitt

WR/TE (7)

watkins, evans, ebron, beckham jr, cooks, lee & benjamin

OT/OG (8)

robinson, mathews, lewan, martin, moses, su'a-filo, yankey & jackson

ILB

mosley

and i'm sure there will be a curve ball or two as there is every year

Clowney or trade down for the Texans.

No other options IMO. Taking a qb for the sake of taking a qb usually doesn't work that well especially at #1 with no clear cut best QB.

Nah he just had his own opinion on the matter.

When was the last time a DE led a team to the Super Bowl?

i can think of two times that a dominant pass rush led a team a SB...and it hurts thinking about it :lol:

Last edited:
NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 45m
@Bucsfan8251 Tampa prefers Mike Evans to Sammy Watkins. With V-Jax would have 'Twin Towers'. Watkins in TB off the field is a concern

Someone please tell me about this? This my first time hearing about off field issues regarding Sammy

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 45m
@Bucsfan8251 Tampa prefers Mike Evans to Sammy Watkins. With V-Jax would have 'Twin Towers'. Watkins in TB off the field is a concern

Someone please tell me about this? This my first time hearing about off field issues regarding Sammy
Smokescreens should be popping up all month

Tampa already has Mike Evans.

They need someone to stretch the field.

Unless Sammy shoots someone ( :nerd: )

Homey should be top 4/5.

Back
Top Bottom