2014 NFL Draft Thread

Tajh can be great at times, throws a really nice ball and can make things but his decision making is questionable, he's good for at least WTF moment per game. Seems to press a lot and force things.

Tajh can be great at times, throws a really nice ball and can make things but his decision making is questionable, he's good for at least WTF moment per game. Seems to press a lot and force things.
I could see him as a serviceable backup like Troy Smith and Josh Johnson. I think he goes late 3rd or early 4th.

welp now I can concentrate on the draft

Ha Ha is my top choice if he falls to the Eagles but I wouldn't mind Dennard but for some reason I see Justin Gilbert being the pick

Dennard had a pretty nice bowl game and from what I can top was one of the top CBs ?

Plus dude likes to get into in run defense which is always appreciated.

He could go to the Packers, Steelers, Bears.
Dennard definitely became the top corner in the class with his play in 2013.

After that: Gilbert, Verrett, Roby, Roberson, Purifoy, Fuller, Colvin, Belue.

Breeland, Hampton, Mitchell.

IEO would challenge Dennard for top corner but he's returning to Oregon, IMO.

Tahj Boyd is short and overweight and doesn't have any other attributes that stand out.  At least he got to enjoy life in at Clemson, will be his best times in life

Boyd signed with DSI. Anyway, he's 6-1. Don't think he overcomes the height factor like Brees and Russy. If anyone will do that in the class, it's Manziel. A quick comparison for Boyd is Troy Smith. He did not play well in two showcase performances, losses to FSU and South Carolina. 1 TD, 4 INT in those two losses. Boyd's mobile but Bortles runs just as well if not better. Bortles is 6-4, 230. Mobile and escapes the pocket like Big Ben. Keeps plays alive with his legs and doesn't go down easily.
Boyd has a NFL arm already, so how cant he over come the height factor but Manziel will?

IEO back to Oregon. That's good news for Gilbert and Verrett.

How's this draft looking at the OL/DL side?

Besides QB Houston needs a mauler at the RT side and a space eater at NT to give Watt and the LBers some space.
Lewan, Martin, Henderson, Hurst, Tiny, Kouandjio. The latter couple names could be available top of the second.

For NT, McCullers or Hageman. The latter being gone within the top-12 to 15 likely.

Boyd has a NFL arm already, so how cant he over come the height factor but Manziel will?
I don't find Boyd to be comparable to Johnny in any way, shape, or form.

Boyd has good arm strength, not great (or elite). Holds the ball too long at times and footwork needs improvement.

Boyd signed with DSI. Anyway, he's 6-1. Don't think he overcomes the height factor like Brees and Russy. If anyone will do that in the class, it's Manziel. A quick comparison for Boyd is Troy Smith. He did not play well in two showcase performances, losses to FSU and South Carolina. 1 TD, 4 INT in those two losses. Boyd's mobile but Bortles runs just as well if not better. Bortles is 6-4, 230. Mobile and escapes the pocket like Big Ben. Keeps plays alive with his legs and doesn't go down easily.
This is the one thing that pisses me off 

like if someone was 5'7 aight you cant play QB

but 6 foot 1

are you kidding me one more inch literally one more and there would be no discussion about his height.

Really?

Last edited:
I don't care about height but the NFL scouts do. Russy and Brees are helping disprove that. It depends on throwing slot, angles. You can compensate for lack of height and seeing over your OL.

I personally don't like Boyd at the next level but I'd be happy to see him succeed and prove me wrong. I prefer Garoppolo to Boyd.

I don't care about height but the NFL scouts do. Russy and Brees are helping disprove that. It depends on throwing slot, angles. You can compensate for lack of height and seeing over your OL.

I personally don't like Boyd at the next level but I'd be happy to see him succeed and prove me wrong. I prefer Garoppolo to Boyd.

I don't think the scouts care nearly as much about height as you may believe. Like you said, Russ/Brees are proving that you can be 6'0" or shorter and be an impact player. A guy as electric as Manziel wouldn't sniff the first round a few years back. However, there is now buzz about him potentially going #1 overall. Things done changed. Boyd, even though his projected draft round is all over the place, is going to reap the benefit of being a shorter prospect in today's league.

I don't think the scouts care nearly as much about height as you may believe. Like you said, Russ/Brees are proving that you can be 6'0" or shorter and be an impact player. A guy as electric as Manziel wouldn't sniff the first round a few years back. However, there is now buzz about him potentially going #1 overall. Things done changed. Boyd, even though his projected draft round is all over the place, is going to reap the benefit of being a shorter prospect in today's league.
Curious, which round do you think Boyd goes?

I can't get over the footwork and a habit of holding onto the ball too long.

I know you didnt ask me but i say Tahj goes Late third 

One thing that scares me is i could see him coming back to camp after a few years looking like a fullback

If you look at history and his body type dude is akin to lendale white or even jamarcus russell.

he can hit 260 - 270 with the ease

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom