2014 NFL Draft Thread

Who do you guys think will be the 3rd WR off the board?

I assume cooks.. But then there's also beckham

and i dont see josh huff being around in round 5.. more like 3-4 IMO

And Dominique Easley is going top 40 at the latest

What time does the draft start on Thursday and Friday? I've seen it somewhere before, but I'm having a hard time finding it now. Help a brother out...I'm trying to put in a request to leave work early those days. :lol:

Last edited:
Yea.. Give me cooks and beckham over lee..

If eagles go WR in the first, I hoping it's Evans or cooks.. Then beckham.. Then I would rather wait for the 2nd or 3rd.. Then lee

Yea.. Give me cooks and beckham over lee..

If eagles go WR in the first, I hoping it's Evans or cooks.. Then beckham.. Then I would rather wait for the 2nd or 3rd.. Then lee

I'm not crazy about Beckman and I really like Lee but I question how he will hold up in the NFL

My choices would be Watkins, Evans, Cooks, Lee, Robinson

I figure Watkins is going top 10 and that price is going be too steep for us.. So that's why I don't mention him

I'm looking at guys who could fall just past 10

I really don't see the eagles trading up with only 6 picks in the draft and a team that really needs depth

I doubt it.. But I see us targeting guys.. We need impact guys at certain positions and if someone we target falls I could see us moving up

Derek Carr said teams that are showing interest in him might consider bringing in his brother to be his back up and a mentor....
:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Derek Carr said teams that are showing interest in him might consider bringing in his brother to be his back up and a mentor....

No way. Why attach yourself to David like that? Don't give yourself more trouble than you're worth, Derek.

No way. Why attach yourself to David like that? Don't give yourself more trouble than you're worth, Derek.

He said that teams have already expressed interest in bringing him in if they were to draft him

Teams will give up a roster spot for his brother who's been out of the league for a couple years now? I guess. I wouldn't want the Raiders to do that, at least.

I said the same thing :lol:, there's a slight chance it could work out tho

Appearing on the "Haberman and Middlekauff" show at 957thegame.com, Derek Carr said a couple of NFL teams have expressed interest in possibly bringing David Carr in as a backup to mentor him if he ends up being their draft pick. The primary motive: If your brother is your backup, there's no concern about a potential rift within the locker room.

"The main reason they like it is because you're going to get a vet who wants to help the rookie, while at the same time, is gonna push me harder than anybody because he wants the best for me," Derek Carr said.

"There's no division in that locker room because we're both rooting for each other," he said. "We're not saying one thing behind each other's back."

Carr declined to say how he would react if his older brother ended up beating him out for the starting job, saying with a laugh, "We'd have to see."

The mentor-mentee relationship between the two brothers actually began at an early age: Derek Carr has said his older brother began training him to read defenses when he was 11, back when David was a rookie quarterback with the Houston Texans.

Last edited:
What time does the draft start on Thursday and Friday? I've seen it somewhere before, but I'm having a hard time finding it now. Help a brother out...I'm trying to put in a request to leave work early those days. :lol:

Do what I do, take the entire week off. :pimp:

I heard that whole Carr thing a while ago. From a roster perspective it would look like the Browns would be the team most likely to make that move considering they only have like one quarterback on roster right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom