2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering how did Steph reach this level man.

32/5/6 with 2 steals a game :x

That's early 2000s SG numbers :lol:

He's shooting just under 46% from 3....on 11 attempts

Last edited:

How many points you think Steph would get if he shot 46 times and had 20 free throws?

Like infinity?
Dem hypotheticals
Open questions aren't hypotheticals.

You're better than that... except with one topic.

Literally just one. 
laugh.gif

Could you please explain how it's not a hypothetical?
No doubt.

First, let's begin with my original hypothetical.

What was I hypothetically saying would happen?

What was my original position?

I'll wait.
IF steph shot ___ ____ ____, how many points do you think he would score?

you're question was based on the hypothetical situation where steph takes that many shots

It is a question where we take what we currently know and use it to make an educated guess at the outcome for something that has yet to (or never will) happen
A hypothetical is something conjured, a deviation from fact.

It's not just every 'if' statement,

"If dinosaurs and humans coexisted, do you think man hunted t-rexes?"

They definitely did NOT coexist, and we know that. Deviation from fact. Hypothetical, with a question.

"If Steph shot 46 times and 20 FTs, how many points do you think he would get?"

It's possible that this could happen. It's true that it hasn't happened before, but unlike dinosaurs, this could happen. Steph's career is not over.

"If it were to happen, what do you think?" =/= "It didn't, and can't, but pretend it did. What do you think?"

possibility =/= hypothetical
exactly, since it has not happened it is at this current time conjured, not yet fact. we are not talking about the likely hood for something to happen we are talking about what if something happens. 

the only possible answers to your question are hypothetical answers, until your "if" statement actually happens then it is no longer hypothetical because we have facts on what would actually happen. The only possible non hypothetical answer to your question would be if steph was an NTer, read your post, went out to shoot 80 times in a NBA basketball game, and replied to your quote with "That."

there is nothing in the definition of hypothetical or hypothesis that suggests that the subject of the claim needs to be impossible. 

"what would you do if you won the lottery" is a hypothetical question, any response to it would be a hypothetical answer unless the person had actually won the lottery and was detailing events that actually happened.

your question is no different than someone saying "steph would be the GOAT if he wins 7 championships"

Chris Paul (ribs) will miss his second straight game, and 5th of the season, when the Clippers host the Magic tonight. J.J. Redick (ankle) is also out against his old team.

NBA 2m

You need a tissue?
Can't stand GSW and Curry.  The bandwagon is another thing in itself.  He can obviously shoot, and by shoot, I think he is way way way better than Ray Allen.  If anyone has actually watched Curry play, Curry is one of a kind.  No one has been able to shoot like him, no one!!!  

Curious to see if UnderArmor will sign him a life time contract or whatever.  That ankle of his though.

[quote name="sea manup"]exactly, since it has not happened it is at this current time conjured, not yet fact. we are not talking about the likely hood for something to happen we are talking about what if something happens. 

the only possible answers to your question are hypothetical answers, until your "if" statement actually happens then it is no longer hypothetical because we have facts on what would actually happen. The only possible non hypothetical answer to your question would be if steph was an NTer, read your post, went out to shoot 80 times in a NBA basketball game, and replied to your quote with "That."

there is nothing in the definition of hypothetical or hypothesis that suggests that the subject of the claim needs to be impossible. 

"what would you do if you won the lottery" is a hypothetical question, any response to it would be a hypothetical answer unless the person had actually won the lottery and was detailing events that actually happened.

your question is no different than someone saying "steph would be the GOAT if he wins 7 championships"[/quote]Entertaining possibilities is not the same as hypothesizing impossibilities.

Not every created situation is a hypothetical; not every if is a hypothetical.

But I'm the bad guy for continuing, so let me stop. :lol:

As someone who hasn't, can you expand on this?
You've got to be pulling.  LOL

His shooting abilities are unreal!  You have to watch him.  Self explanatory.  The same goes for the many individuals who don't watch Kobe, yet have something to say about his terrible shooting %.  People need to watch the games, NOT HIGHLIGHTS to understand.

People don't really commit the time into watching Curry and Kobe; yet will associate a terrible shooting percentage w/ Kobe and call him washed.   That's another topic in itself though.

Any ways, Curry's stats will serve enough for  people who don't watch him, but for people who actually do, man oh man, he's the next best thing.  I can understand why the NBA have made him the new face, and can understand why they will do whatever they can to protect him.  As much as I dislike the GSW and Curry, he's definitely in a league of his own.  There's no denying that.

GSW fans aren't even that bad man.

Everytime ANY of them post (aside from maybe none(or 1)), I just assume the post says "stephGod" or "  ......record since" and move on to the next post.
Going to have to agree with this.

Of the recent champions in sports (not just NBA), GSW's current reign has been one of the least annoying reigns ever as far as fans go.

That's what happen when we :smokin nothin but fire in the yay b

Last edited:
Can't stand GSW and Curry.  The bandwagon is another thing in itself.  He can obviously shoot, and by shoot, I think he is way way way better than Ray Allen.  If anyone has actually watched Curry play, Curry is one of a kind.  No one has been able to shoot like him, no one!!!  

Curious to see if UnderArmor will sign him a life time contract or whatever.  That ankle of his though.

what are "things people said in 2011", Alex.

Originally Posted by sea manup  
exactly, since it has not happened it is at this current time conjured, not yet fact. we are not talking about the likely hood for something to happen we are talking about what if something happens. 

your question is no different than someone saying "steph would be the GOAT if he wins 7 championships"
Entertaining possibilities is not the same as hypothesizing impossibilities.

Not every created situation is a hypothetical; not every if is a hypothetical.

But I'm the bad guy for continuing, so let me stop.
laugh.gif
the very concept of a hypothesis is based around possibilities and not impossibilities

yes those two things are not the same, but they are both hypotheticals.

so I ask again, where in the definition of a hypothetical or hypothesis does it disqualify a question which can happen but at this moment in time there is no way of providing a non hypothetical answer?

all created situations are by definition hypothetical, they are an educated guess of what would happen if all proposed factors come into play. 

the very concept of a hypothesis is based around possibilities and not impossibilities

so I ask again, where in the definition of a hypothetical or hypothesis does it disqualify a question which can happen but at this moment in time there is no way of providing a non hypothetical answer?

all created situations are by definition hypothetical, they are an educated guess of what would happen if all proposed factors come into play. 

So, we're not talking about Gerald Green's dunk in here?

So, we're not talking about Gerald Green's dunk in here?
i thought we were talking about oatmeal cookies 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom