2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
my fault, i was thinking about nba teams of recent memory but im interested to know what other pg besides Magic has there been?

Isiah Thomas, Jason Kidd, Rondo.

Like someone said recently, limiting things to "pass first", "shoot first" PG's are limited. Tony Parker isn't really a "score first" or "past first" pg. Neither is Steph. And you even factor in guys like Magic and Isiah who were averaging 20ppg & 10apg. A player that can do that can be valuable on the right team.

agree and all of the champs don't have a make up as a pass first point guard being their superstar or even their top 2 player
The teams to win chips recently with good PG's are Billups, Kidd, Rondo, Parker Curry. All different PG's.
no i mean a pass-first point guard as at least a top 2 player, without argument, on his team.
IMO the closet to that would have been Stockton or Nash....but they fell short 
mean.gif

my fault, i was thinking about nba teams of recent memory but im interested to know what other pg besides Magic has there been?

Isiah Thomas, Jason Kidd, Rondo.

Like someone said recently, limiting things to "pass first", "shoot first" PG's are limited. Tony Parker isn't really a "score first" or "past first" pg. Neither is Steph. And you even factor in guys like Magic and Isiah who were averaging 20ppg & 10apg. A player that can do that can be valuable on the right team.

well since this topic started because of wall. let me rephrase the question. when was the last time a team won a ring or even got to the finals with their point guard being a top 2 player on his team without an elite offensive game?

at the end of the day, sonetimes it just doesnt work out. in todays evolved specimen, the skill set is a combo in many.

you win when u dominate. right now only the gsws are dominating in convincing fashion.

well since this topic started because of wall. let me rephrase the question. when was the last time a team won a ring or even got to the finals with their point guard being a top 2 player on his team without an elite offensive game?

Gary Payton. Who averaged the same amount of points but 3 less assist then Wall. I've been saying for the longest Wall is a modern GP. GP is my all time favorite player so maybe that explains my appreciation for what Wall does besides the fact he's a Wizard.

Gary Payton. Who averaged the same amount of points but 3 less assist then Wall. I've been saying for the longest Wall is a modern GP. GP is my all time favorite player so maybe that explains my appreciation for what Wall does besides the fact he's a Wizard.

glove would make guys second guess why they even learned to dribble.

glove would suffocate.

wall?

hes too busy doing the neinei n taking ig self scree selfies.

totally differenr swag levels.

odell type

LeNoTraditions

How about the tradition of his family probably getting whatever they want each Christmas because playing NBA basketball has allowed LeBron to earn hundreds of millions of dollars? I think I could have lived with that over seeing a movie with my family every Christmas Eve (Preceded half the time by an argument about which movie) and eating the same ham dinner every Christmas Day.

LeNoTraditions

How about the tradition of his family probably getting whatever they want each Christmas because playing NBA basketball has allowed LeBron to earn hundreds of millions of dollars? I think I could have lived with that over seeing a movie with my family every Christmas Eve (Preceded half the time by an argument about which movie) and eating the same ham dinner every Christmas Day.

Melo was actually disappointed the Knicks don't play on Christmas:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...knicks-aren-t-christmas-attraction-1.11259717

How is 18 and 10 NOT elite?

when was the last time john wall shot above 40% in the playoffs? i hate to put an arbitrary number on it but when the game is slowed down, wall's offensive game is cheeks and looks outta control 10 times outta 9.

considering he's 25 and only been in the playoffs twice and has gotten better in each one...i'd say you're working from a pretty small sample size.

The team pretty much lost to ATL the minute he broke his hand. If that doesn't happen...they're likely in the conference finals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom