2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
The increase in points is right in line with an increase in usage rate, to which he's producing, to a degree for minnesota. 

But he isn't defending, and he isn't creating for anyone at all. (Partly a function of the team he plays for, however) For a guy who's usage rate is that high, you would think he would be able to pass and make a few more plays for others. 8% of Wiggins passes lead to assist. But again, that is partly a function of the team he plays for. Minny is 27th in the league in total passes per game.

Basically, Andrew Wiggins looks a lot like Demar Derozan to me. Which isn't bad, but it's hardly someone who you would crucify Lebron wanting Love over.

Last edited:
The increase in points is right in line with an increase in usage rate, to which he's producing, to a degree for minnesota. 

But he isn't defending, and he isn't creating for anyone at all. (Partly a function of the team he plays for, however)

Basically, Andrew Wiggins looks a lot like Demar Derozan to me. Which isn't bad, but it's hardly someone who you would crucify Lebron wanting Love over.
He's on the path to being DeRozan/Gay 2.0 if he doesn't improve his all around play. Still don't see a tight enough handle, court vision or increased range.

hi-res-94ded209ab9242bddeacfb0238af1c89_crop_north.jpg

What about the 12 teams that passed on Kobe in the first place? Also, Kobe was the first guard ever drafted out of high school. It was a tremendous gamble. In hindsight, it looks bad, but it's never mentioned in the discussion of worst trades because of the circumstances, and the fact TWELVE teams passed on him. If anything, he's an all-time great draft steal, rather than a historically bad trade candidate.

I for one am glad that the league is reacting this way to Blatts firing. Especially the coaches.

Thats called the James Harden Trade

If OKC doesn't win a title with Durant and Westbrook, then we can discuss it. The jury is still out on that. However, there are some mind numbingly insane trades back in the '70s and '80s that swung multiple titles. I mean, they literally had to create a rule because the Cavs owner kept trading first round picks. One of those led to Worthy being drafted by the Lakers.

He's on the path to being DeRozan/Gay 2.0 if he doesn't improve his all around play. Still don't see a tight enough handle, court vision or increased range.
Exactly.

What's most dissapointing about Wiggins to me is just how meh he's been as a defender, and his regression with his playmaking. He's mostly been a tunnel of creation for his own offense which is fine right now, but as their core grows you would hope that Wiggins becomes more than just someone who catches and tries to score for himself only and doesn't really play defense. 

Luckily however, they have towns instead of wiggins as their future #1 option.

Thats called the James Harden Trade
If OKC doesn't win a title with Durant and Westbrook, then we can discuss it. The jury is still out on that. However, there are some mind numbingly insane trades back in the '70s and '80s that swung multiple titles. I mean, they literally had to create a rule because the Cavs owner kept trading first round picks. One of those led to Worthy being drafted by the Lakers.
The Ted Rule. I forgot when I read about that but I died laughing at the Idiocy. I think he has a wiki page just dedicated to his poorness

Exactly.

What's most dissapointing about Wiggins to me is just how meh he's been as a defender, and his regression with his playmaking. He's mostly been a tunnel of creation for his own offense which is fine right now, but as their core grows you would hope that Wiggins becomes more than just someone who catches and tries to score for himself only and doesn't really play defense. 

Luckily however, they have towns instead of wiggins as their future #1 option.
I will say I have been impressed by DeRozan's all around play this season. 23, 4 and 4 is nothing to sneeze at. I feel like he should be pulling down more boards, but the assist rate is nice to see.

Hoping the Bulls put Cavs down tonight in the most embarrassing manner.

Would make everyone clown the Cavs even more

Last edited:
I will say I have been impressed by DeRozan's all around play this season. 23, 4 and 4 is nothing to sneeze at. I feel like he should be pulling down more boards, but the assist rate is nice to see.
Nah he's been putting it down this season. That is Nothing to sneeze at and if this was prime Wiggins, you should be happy.

However, I don't know if wiggins can reach that peak alongside Towns. Towns appears to be the better player, and as their core develops, I think towns usage rate goes up while Wiggins goes down.

If wiggins isn't the primary offensive feature, then his lack of playmaking and shooting could be detrimental towards minny building like a top 10 offense or something.

But that's way down the line for them

Nah he's been putting it down this season. That is Nothing to sneeze at and if this was prime Wiggins, you should be happy.

However, I don't know if wiggins can reach that peak alongside Towns. Towns appears to be the better player, and as their core develops, I think towns usage rate goes up while Wiggins goes down.

If wiggins isn't the primary offensive feature, then his lack of playmaking and shooting could be detrimental towards minny building like a top 10 offense or something.

But that's way down the line for them
Speaking of Towns: http://basketball.realgm.com/article/240521/The-World-Of-Possibilities-Of-Karl-Anthony-Towns

I didn't think we'd see another prospect as good as Anthony Davis for another seven or eight years, but then Towns comes along three years later. :x

Last edited:
[quote name="a-friend"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"][QUOTE name="a-friend"]Cavs could hire Phil and Pop and they still won't beat the Thunder this year.

Matters none, who their Coach is or ins't, now, then, ever, never.[/QUOTE]
Approaching DBD status. :x :lol:[/QUOTE]I've heard about that guy, he had 9 SAS posts for every 0 anything else posts.

My ratio is like 1 OKC to every 27 anything else. 
No comparison.[/quote]Not yet.

'Approaching'.

And you're the one who made it about a ratio. That's only part of what I was thinking.

Both KAT and Wiggins are still only 20 years old.. Wiggins hasn't improved this year as much as we would have liked, but the kid is still very very young. He's got a lot of work to do with his handle and getting a consistent jumper among other things. He does get tunnel vision a lot when he gets the ball. I think that's what disappoints me more, his playmaking just isn't there. I would have at least liked to see him grab a lot more boards than he's currently pulling down. End of the day he is only 20 and has a long way to go.

KAT on the other hand.. 20 years old and has it all. I love everything about the kid. He plays hard every night, plays with a lot of emotion every night, this is the one we need to build everything around. Even this year.. he should have a lot more touches than he currently is getting.

Last edited:
[quote name="Blackmanta"]Bron needs a facilitator at point guard. A true point guard. If Bron had CP3 or Rondo he'd be free of having to do so much. He wouldn't have to guard that position and facilitate. He could just play his game. It worked with Miami because they were just so good individually. It helped that Wade wasn't Wade of old.

I think Bron on Clippers would be good. Gets the point guard and coach he needs.

But GSW aren't going to be bad for a longtime so there's that
[/quote]:lol: :lol:

Nah. It's all there.

Here's video of the Stan Van comments. He was heated.

Why does he sound like he's crying

Players have to like and or respect you. That's probably more important than wins and losses especially with a team that's good enough to get to the playoffs with no coach at all. It's a player's league, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom