2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
like...russ had a triple double in a preseason game. preseason b. where nobody even tries. dude is about to be unconscious all year.

And burn out during the playoffs. Aside from injuries, that's been OKC's problem in the playoffs. Durant and Westbrook go so hard in the regular season they have nothing left. Now that Brooks is gone there won't be so much 1-on-5...hopefully.

have we ever seen them burnout? or look tired? they're like 26 bro

I took the quote as KD taking a subtle jab at Russy. Saying Russ is the hey, look at me type....the type to get caught cuz it's not efficient and doesn't always work well in the end to turn on the lights.

While KD is less about the "look at me", and more about getting the job done.

Basically. im trying to figure how everyone read that as a subservient statement on Jr's behalf

KD softest player in the league by far.

Kyrie has to be one of the most overrated players right now. He's almost as injury prone as Drose

Bestbrook isn't going to be able to play in his 30s. Much like LeBron he depends too much on his explosive athleticism, which doesn't last long.

Why I think Melo will have a longer (but much less successful) career than Lebron

Last edited:
The Celtics really are top to bottom stacked with average players. Which for some reason is essentially how Bill Simmons justified them being a lock for 44 or more wins, but with his own little twist in wording.

Average can get you the 5th seed in the East though. The 5th seed last year had 46 wins, the 6th seed had 41. The Celtics won 40 games. It's not crazy that they could be four or five games better this season. They're not winning 47+ which Bill seems to think they will.

Celtics :pimp:

have we ever seen them burnout? or look tired? they're like 26 bro

Against the Spurs in 2014. I know Ibaka missed the first two games of that series, but Durant was definitely gassed by the end. It doesn't matter how old you are, your body can wear out. Look at Blake Griffin. He runs out of gas too. All that dunking and reckless play takes a toll on your legs.

KD softest player in the league by far.
Kyrie has to be one of the most overrated players right now. He's almost as injury prone as Drose
Bestbrook isn't going to be able to play in his 30s. Much like LeBron he depends too much on his explosive athleticism, which doesn't last long.
Why I think Melo will have a longer (but much less successful) career than Lebron

Lebron is one of the most skilled players ever. he doesn't "rely" on his athleticism at all.

wonder how many other corny quotes kd keeps in that knapsack of his he wears during press conferences

What about Westbrook's energy though. His athleticism may be gone but his personality of being a cocaine wired nba player... 

The Celtics really are top to bottom stacked with average players. Which for some reason is essentially how Bill Simmons justified them being a lock for 44 or more wins, but with his own little twist in wording.

Average can get you the 5th seed in the East though. The 5th seed last year had 46 wins, the 6th seed had 41. The Celtics won 40 games. It's not crazy that they could be four or five games better this season. They're not winning 47+ which Bill seems to think they will.

The 6 teams ahead of them in the playoffs last year either got better or just still are better than them right now. Then allocate a sizable chunk of wins to the Heat and Pacers. The additions of Amir Johnson and David Lee dont have me sold that there will be a significant enough jump in wins. I think they'll be exactly where they were last year. 39-41 wins on the outside looking in, and probably missing the playoffs because of Indiana and Miami.

I understand that you said "its not crazy" which I guess i agree it's not. But I just dont see it.

Last edited:
Lebron is one of the most skilled players ever. he doesn't "rely" on his athleticism at all.
Paublockslebronin2015.gif

LeBron jump shooting stats in 2015 playoffs:

70% at the rim

23% on threes

31% on long twos

36% on mid-rangers

31% on short range jumpers

One of these is mostly dependent on athleticism. Four others are mostly dependent upon skill.

Last edited:
pimp.gif

Can not wait for an entire night of basketball!  All night!

Against the Spurs in 2014. I know Ibaka missed the first two games of that series, but Durant was definitely gassed by the end. It doesn't matter how old you are, your body can wear out. Look at Blake Griffin. He runs out of gas too. All that dunking and reckless play takes a toll on your legs.

Blake said last year after the Rockets series ended that he was the most exhausted he's ever been in his life. Not an excuse for them choking, but he was worn out.

Really don't think Russ would be nearly as revered by some people on here if weren't for Kobe's "mamba blood" comment. He's great. Definitely top 10, arguably top 5. But some of you guys talk about him like he's a superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom